Anthony, The Phone Is Ringing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo. I have several questions for you, in particular about how you have no qualms about serving the Accuser of the Brethren, as will be demonstrated below. Keep in mind, I'm not posting this resentfully, but it nevertheless has to be done. We cannot have established members here at Christianity Board going around serving the Devil in the name of serving the Lord Jesus Christ, so your behavior will have to be corrected. You wanted to have a conversation with me as per the following words you posted in another thread, so here we go:

The Army Of The Lord

Let's start here: As you know, we had a new member join our forum a few days ago, and he was sharing his testimony of when he got saved. Included in his testimony he shared a vision He received that He remembered vividly. His words were, "7 years to the week, if not the day, after I had this vision, I led worship for the first Sunday morning service of the new Brantford Vineyard. I was part of the church plant. That time for me was almost like living in Heaven. All God, all the time. I was so in love with Him that I'd stay up late just to talk with Him. He was more important to me than sleep. When I had the vision, I hadn't talked to God in years...

He was talking about what happened to him AFTER he had the vision, yet your immediate accusatory response was along the lines of:
So you led worship and it was like living in Heaven.. yet you hadn't talked to God in years? :rolleyes:

You then quoted him again, as saying, "I had my first vision, though I didn't know what it was at the time. As I stood there listening, I saw somewhere else. It was like a curtain was in front of me, like a Jewish prayer shawl. A hand holding a sword burst through the curtain and plunged it into my belly."

Your response to that was:
Oh yeah, the new convert getting stabbed by a sword in the belly dream, of course!

People don't just receive visions about who and what they are at the time, but also about who and what they will become; what they are called to become. But you yet again had no problem sitting in the office of the Accuser and condemning him, not only concerning a complimentary vision God gave him but even questioning his salvation (And I can go on and give more quotes from you if needed).

Do you not see a problem in acting like this, Anthony?

While I am at it, I asked you another question, TWICE, that you have flatly refused to answer, so here it is again.

101G posted the following about Acts 2:
Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

we ask, is the Lord still calling people unto himself, even today, this very hour? well if yes, (and he is), then the gift is for them as well as us when we was called.

Your response was:
The promise is of resurrection unto life, not weird dreams

My question to that was:
Anthony, where in the context of Acts 2 is the subject matter about the resurrection and not the outpouring?

Acts 2:14-19 is about the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Yes, Acts 2:22-31 is about the resurrection of Christ, but Peter brings it up to explain what has made the outpouring possible in verse 33. He then addresses the promise of his hearers receiving the outpouring in Verse 38, and he identifies this as the specific promise he is referring to in verse 39.

I think you are reinterpreting the word to fit your doctrine rather than letting it interpret itself.

Blessings in Christ,
- H

How about it, Anthony? What's your response? This will be my third time asking you now.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I responded to your post before, POST47
I have several questions for you, in particular about how you have no qualms about serving the Accuser of the Brethren,
Really,
This just looks like an attack so no need to entertain such nonsense.
I know who and what I am in Christ.
You and others who despise the word of God and seek to add to it, go right ahead and receive the result of your error.
I would recommend you do not do so, but you and others who like all manner of stories and fantasies are bound to them.
I will stay with word and Spirit as instructed.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Let's start here: As you know, we had a new member join our forum a few days ago, and he was sharing his testimony of when he got saved. Included in his testimony he shared a vision He received that He remembered vividly. His words were, "7 years to the week, if not the day, after I had this vision

Oh yes...as a new convert who claimed a hand appeared and stabbed him in the abdomen??? or he saw letters jumping off the page and spinning around?
You should have instructed him to get into the scripture and trust it, not bizarre claims and leave him vulnerable to such garbage. perhaps you did not do that because you yourself are not grounded in scripture. I do not know you that well as an online poster, but as time permits I will see what you bring to the table.

People don't just receive visions about who and what they are at the time, but also about who and what they will become; what they are called to become.

You have bought into this kind of deception, I have not. Have been to several such meetings, and they were garbage. I can only offer what i know. You and others are the ones quick to judge orthodox belief, so I might not be able to help you.

Do you not see a problem in acting like this, Anthony?

While I am at it, I asked you another question, TWICE, that you have flatly refused to answer, so here it is again.

post47

Last edited:
Reactions: LC627

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really,
This just looks like an attack so no need to entertain such nonsense.

No. It's correction. There's a difference. :)
I know who and what I am in Christ.

No. You don't. Your posts demonstrate you are serving Satan in the name of serving the Lord Jesus Christ. Hence why I had to create this thread.
I will stay with word and Spirit as instructed.

It appears by this response that you will continue serving Satan willfully in these things, and that is a shame. But it will not go uncorrected.

To remind you of your words once more: Another of his statements about what took place before he got saved was, "I only went to church to stop a relative from pestering me to go. I had had no intention of going back."

Your reply was:
This is your salvation testimony?:(

Once again, you are standing in the office of the Accuser, and questioning someone's salvation without the slightest regard to what they are saying.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Hidden In Him,

No. It's correction. There's a difference.
:)
I welcome scriptural correction, and in fact, it looks as if the only accuser of the brethren here is you, my friend.

No. You don't. Your posts demonstrate you are serving Satan in the name of serving the Lord Jesus Christ. Hence why I had to create this thread.
You can bring whatever you think you have, I will answer you scripturally;
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

14 Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

16 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

17 Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

It appears by this response that you will continue serving Satan willfully in these things, and that is a shame. But it will not go uncorrected.
I will answer anything you have got big guy, let me know when you are going to try , instead of these lame accusations
To remind you of your words once more: Another of his statements about what took place before he got saved was, "I only went to church to stop a relative from pestering me to go. I had had no intention of going back."

Your reply was:
This is your salvation testimony?
:(
That is not a solid testimony at all. He does not mention being convicted of sin, repentance, asking God to have mercy on him,

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They say the third time is a charm.:cool:

Yes, LoL. I'm so glad he responded to someone. Maybe I'll read it later. Shame he didn't want to address me directly, and was still trying to blow me off when I had no choice but to create this thread to call him out. :rolleyes:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)
I welcome scriptural correction, and in fact, it looks as if the only accuser of the brethren here is you, my friend.

Nonsense. One more for you:

His words: "As it worked out, I didn't. I didn't know anything about Christianity nor did I know any Christians. At the time, I was into sex, drugs and rock'n'roll. I eventually slid back into my old life."

Your response:
Nothing indicates you left your old life

Once again: Standing in the office of the Accuser. Would you like me to tag Ron Coates so you can personally accuse him to his face once more that regardless of what he says he has not ceased from his life of sexual sin, drugs and all the other things he was into in his former life?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense. One more for you:

His words: "As it worked out, I didn't. I didn't know anything about Christianity nor did I know any Christians. At the time, I was into sex, drugs and rock'n'roll. I eventually slid back into my old life."

Your response:
Nothing indicates you left your old life

Once again: Standing in the office of the Accuser. Would you like me to tag Ron Coates so you can personally accuse him to his face once more that regardless of what he says he has not ceased from his life of sexual sin, drugs and all the other things he was into in his former life?

Nothing in that alleged testimony, speaks of a new creation, being born from above;
1cor.6:
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The testimony of scripture is that we are not to be decieved, anyone practicing these things are still in bondage to sin, and need to repent and believe the gospel;
as it declares in verse 12;

And such were some of you: at one time they were, but now are washed and cleansed.

Not strange stories about being stabbed in the abdomen in visions, no, it is about the Spirit quickening the word, and saving a person from their sins, not still playing in there sins.

Reactions: LC627 and marks

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hidden In Him,
Yes, LoL. I'm so glad he responded to someone. Maybe I'll read it later. Shame he didn't want to address me directly, and was still trying to blow me off when I had no choice but to create this thread to call him out.
:rolleyes:
I responded in post47, I cannot read it for you, man up and try and make your case.
So far your posts are not according to reality, but maybe you will get a special vision to help you out.:oops::rolleyes::oops:

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing in that alleged testimony, speaks of a new creation, being born from above;
1cor.6:
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The testimony of scripture is that we are not to be decieved, anyone practicing these things are still in bondage to sin, and need to repent and believe the gospel;
as it declares in verse 12;

And such were some of you: at one time they were, but now are washed and cleansed.

Not strange stories about being stabbed in the abdomen in visions, no, it is about the Spirit quickening the word, and saving a person from their sins, not still playing in there sins.

LoL! You are incredible. So someone who has served as a worship leader and written songs with words like the following is assumed to be unsaved until they drop all belief in visions, correct?

I can see a wave on the horizon
It's growing larger, it's getting nearer,
oh can't you see it straight ahead.
I can see a wave, the Harvest Wave.
What's the Spirit saying, what's the Spirit doing,
What's the Spirit bringing in our day.
Hear the Spirit saying, see the Spirit doing,
This is what the Spirit's bringing in this wave.
Apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers,
to prepare the saints of God for works of service,
that the body of Christ may be built up
until we all reach unity in the faith
and the knowledge of the Son Of God,
and become mature.

That sounds like an extremely UN-saved person to me, too, LoL.

What about all the Charismatics on this forum, Anthony? And all those who believe in visions and dreams. Are we all Unsaved, too? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about all the Charismatics on this forum, Anthony? And all those who believe in visions and dreams. Are we all Unsaved, too? :)

Man, I can't wait to see you in Heaven (and I'm assuming you're going to make it). I'm going to look you in the eyes and say, "Well, well. If it isn't that man who said I wasn't even saved!" LoL!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL! You are incredible. So someone who has served as a worship leader and written songs with words like the following is assumed to be unsaved until they drop all belief in visions, correct?

It's growing larger, it's getting nearer,
oh can't you see it straight ahead.
I can see a wave, the Harvest Wave.
What's the Spirit saying, what's the Spirit doing,
What's the Spirit bringing in our day.
Hear the Spirit saying, see the Spirit doing,
This is what the Spirit's bringing in this wave.
Apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers,
to prepare the saints of God for works of service,
that the body of Christ may be built up
until we all reach unity in the faith
and the knowledge of the Son Of God,
and become mature.

That sounds like an extremely UN-saved person to me, too, LoL.

I find the idea of a wave being a symbol of the Holy Spirit a little unsettling myself. When the Bible speaks of waves, often it's having God tell them to be still. So it seems to me.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently I got busy with something else, now didn't I? LoL. Next time I ask you a question, how about answering me directly instead of going around me?
I drive a commercial vehicle and are not always on my laptop.I do not always see a post right away, but do not worry, you will get a response. You might not like my response, but it will come.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, I can't wait to see you in Heaven (and I'm assuming you're going to make it). I'm going to look you in the eyes and say, "Well, well. If it isn't that man who said I wasn't even saved!" LoL!
Where did I say you were not saved?
I cannot see your heart, just your posts. That being said, I would rather error on the side of caution and warn someone in light of these kinds of verses;
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Reactions: LC627

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Many christian are trying to keep their thought oneness with God in peaceful condition, but sometimes we get trapped in "White bear syndrome" to clean our thought from sinful mind. Society with its judgement will make it worse for them who still trying to struggle in repentation, unfortunately the priests also judging condemnation of hell if they lack of repent in a scheduled time, this condemnation from others will make them choking in fears and they will not grown properly (Luke 8:14).
This is what makes many people prefers to walk in their own opinion and not in the time frame of a man or priests, in bible it was clearly define that God himself will define our spiritual growth (Colossians 2:16-23; Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Corinthians 3:7).
Humiliation will works only to the strong hearted and healthy body, the weak hearted and the sick will caused them into depression and suicide; so, before humiliating all people which in the process of repentation we have to know their limitation, if not, all humiliators will responsible to those who lost in front of God (Matthew 7:20-23).

Supressing the 'white bears'

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I drive a commercial vehicle and are not always on my laptop.I do not always see a post right away, but do not worry, you will get a response. You might not like my response, but it will come.

Glad to hear it.
Where did I say you were not saved?
I cannot see your heart, just your posts. That being said, I would rather error on the side of caution and warn someone in light of these kinds of verses.

Ah, but see, this is where I think you are missing it. Everyone has their own perspectives and approaches, and there's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism in many matters. But this is where I believe discernment needs to enter in. If you notice, no one was really welcoming Coates all that much in his thread. It was not all outright rejection, but no one truly welcomed him with open arms until I started posting encouraging things to him about what he was sharing. Then you saw him light up and start sharing his life, and feeling like he was among brethren. He's a good guy. See, for me, erring on the side of caution means trying to receive somebody welcomingly even when its looks really bad, and Lord knows we get some fruitcakes coming through here. But I just figure if there's something seriously wrong with the individual, the truth will reveal itself eventually. But if they were actually ok and I assumed they were not and gave them a hard time, I could have it on my hands before God that I didn't welcome them like a brother but assumed the worst unnecessarily.

Again, I understand that we all have our own perspectives and methods, but I have a good friend who doesn't trust her own kin half the time for heaven sakes, LoL, and it doesn't rub people the right way. Quite frankly, with me it just ticks me off, because I'm brutally honest with people, and I expect to be trusted or I wouldn't be going to the effort to be so honest to begin with.

Anyway, I understand it, but I don't really agree with it. If the church had not been willing to see the good in the apostle Paul and give him the benefit of the doubt, where would we be today?

But to each his own, I suppose.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find the idea of a wave being a symbol of the Holy Spirit a little unsettling myself. When the Bible speaks of waves, often it's having God tell them to be still. So it seems to me.

You are correct that it is essentially extra-Biblical.
It's just commonly used Pentecostal imagery, and therefore naturally understood within those circles.
The Experience of Waves — Diversity Church

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humiliation will works only to the strong hearted and healthy body, the weak hearted and the sick will caused them into depression and suicide; so, before humiliating all people which in the process of repentation we have to know their limitation, if not, all humiliators will responsible to those who lost in front of God (Matthew 7:20-23).

Supressing the 'white bears'

That's an interesting study.

Not sure I totally understand, but if you were concerned about Anthony D'Areinzo, don't be. We may have some strong disagreements, but I don't take him to be a weak-hearted individual in the least.

God bless, and thanks again. Your posts are always interesting.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct that it is essentially extra-Biblical.
It's just commonly used Pentecostal imagery, and therefore naturally understood within those circles.
The Experience of Waves — Diversity Church
Then I reject the people who adopted it as not being consistent with the imagery in the Bible.

Maybe I'm being too strict, but I believe the imagery and symbols used in visions from God are consistent. The waves of the sea are not pleasant but rather often signify wrath.

Psalm 65:7 Which stilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves, and the tumult of the people.

Psalm 88:7 Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves. Selah.

Jonah 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.

Jeremiah 51:42 The sea is come up upon Babylon: she is covered with the multitude of the waves thereof.

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Unpleasant things are also said to come up out of sea. . . .

Reactions: Waiting on him
Status
Not open for further replies.