ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WILL MAHER FINALLY SLAM LOUIS C.K.?

On his HBO show last Friday, Bill Maher showed what a coward he is by refusing to slam his pervert buddy, Louis C.K. Instead, he made a vicious attack on the Holy Family, prompting us to start a petition asking for justice. To sign it, click here.

AL FRANKEN SHOULD RESIGN

Senator Al Franken should resign immediately. There is no place in public office for sexual abusers.

If Franken were an accused priest, he would be forced to step aside, pending an investigation. Given that he is an admitted molester, he should resign.

The priest reference is particularly poignant given that he has a history of mocking priests, and indeed the entire Catholic Church, for sexual offenses. For proof, click here and here.

If he does not step aside, the Senate is obligated to invoke all of its powers to see that he does.

OPEN LETTER TO TIME WARNER CHIEF
Catholic League president Bill Donohue sent a letter today to Time Warner Chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes regarding recurrent attacks on Catholicism aired by its media outlets. To read it, click here.

Donohue’s letter comes on the heels of a petition asking HBO (a Time Warner holding) to grant Catholics the same respect it showed African Americans when Maher offended them in June; more recently HBO cut all ties to its Louis C.K. programs.

To sign the petition, click here.

SAMANTHA BEE TRASHES CATHOLICISM

Samantha Bee has a record of bashing Catholicism, so her stunt last night was not surprising. But she went beyond her usual vile quips when she trashed Jesus and Our Blessed Mother.

Bee began by discussing Roy Moore and a foul remark made by one of his supporters, Jim Zeigler. Zeigler implied that Moore’s encounters with minors was no different from Jesus’ parents having sex. Bee then seized upon this to make her anti-Catholic assault.

While displaying a photo of a Catholic school girl gazing at Jesus, Bee said, “Oh, come on! I may be a dirty liberal now, but I went to Catholic school. Even I know the Bible says my teenage crush, sexy buff Jesus, was an Immaculate Conception.”

This is the third attack on Catholicism this past week by media outlets owned by Time Warner. I will have more to say about this today.

PETITION LAUNCHED TO REPRIMAND BILL MAHER

BILL MAHER OFFENDS CATHOLICS YET AGAIN

MAHER IS AN INVETERATE COWARD additional articles have been added since posting this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5
11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Philippians 1
29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,

default_sad030.gif

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Ten Most Anti-Christian Movies of All Time
(a secular source)
10. Carrie (1976)
9. Priest (1995)
8. Footloose (1984)
7. Dogma (1999)
6. Jesus Camp (2006)
5. The Name of the Rose (1986)
4. The Magdalene Sisters (2002)
3. The Boys of St. Vincent (1993)
2. Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (1983)

1. The Canterbury Tales (1972)

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 5
11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Philippians 1
29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,

default_sad030.gif

Awesome quotes!!! The top persecutors in here need to know who they are in bed with. The standard garden variety anti-Catholics think they are experts on Revelation and are taught by wanna-be you tube preachers that never finished high school. The whole world hates the Church and some "Christians" are part of that world.

Reactions: Job

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now if only people would stand up for Jesus instead of their religions, Jesus doesnt need our defending like religion, but He certainly does need our promotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ally.s.j

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if only people would stand up for Jesus instead of their religions, Jesus doesnt need our defending like religion, but He certainly does need our promotion.

I agree, but I don't think Jesus needs our promotion. I think He commands it, because He is a Jealous God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but I don't think Jesus needs our promotion. I think He commands it, because He is a Jealous God.
Careuful there - your ignorance is showing again.

The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
The Church is the Pillar and foundation of truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
The Church is Christ on earth (Acts 9:4-5).

There is no such things as Christ OR the Church.
The Church is His Body and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12, Col. 1:18).

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not promoting anything, tabletalk. I am bring awareness that anti-Catholicism is part of our culture. A few Pope-bashing fundamentalist fanatics all wear the same T shirt as the rest of our culture persecuting Catholics. Yet they talk so much about pre-tribulation. I haven't had time to bring the ideas together.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, re OP...I believe this will happen more and more, to ANYONE or believer in God. The writing us 'on the wall' for all of us..
That said...that is for sure a great sign of our time..."even so come Lord Jesus."

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
persecuting Catholics. MMM>> the best foot in the mouth for me is>>Pope Francis has said that he would be willing to baptise aliens if they came to the Vatican, asking “who are we to close doors” to anyone - even Martians.<<>> So he would baptise a demon would He MMM not hard to bash Mystery Babylon.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
persecuting Catholics. MMM>> the best foot in the mouth for me is>>Pope Francis has said that he would be willing to baptise aliens if they came to the Vatican, asking “who are we to close doors” to anyone - even Martians.<<>> So he would baptise a demon would He MMM not hard to bash Mystery Babylon.

You are ignorant and rude. THAT has nothing to do with the Opening Post!

1011.gif
Stay on the subject.

Reactions: Job

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
MMM>Pope Francis washes feet of Muslim migrants, says we’re all “children of the same God” MMM another big foot in the mouth>>
Pope Francis make of these Qur’an verses, were he to know about them (as he almost certainly does not):

Christians have forgotten part of the divine revelations they received: “From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.” — Qur’an 5:14

Jesus is not the Son of God: “O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not “Three” – Cease! (it is) better for you! – Allah is only One Allah. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.” — Qur’an 4:171

“It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.” — Qur’an 19:35

Those who believe that Jesus is God’s Son are accursed: “The Jews call ‘Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah’s curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! ” — Qur’an 9:30

Jesus was not crucified: “And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah’s messenger – they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.” — Qur’an 4:157 Mystery Babylon at its BEST>> Bashing comes easy when your a minion of satan but try to say your CHRIST LIKE!! You can smell it a mile away!Enjoy

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
You are ignorant and rude. MM is the truth Rude>MM >> >>NO<<>> But for the fallen and the ones that hide under a rock>> it could be for them!The truth is considered hatred by those who hate the truth. Most people despise and hate the truth. Jesus Christ brought truth into the world and they crucified Him. The Bible is truth (John 17:17). Jesus is the truth (John 14:6). The Holy Spirit is truth (John 15:29). Jesus taught in John 4:24 that God the Father can only be worshipped in spirit and truth. The truth is very important, and the very reason for which Christ came into the world. John 18:37, “...To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.” The truth is that Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ, and only by faith is His name can anyone have their sins forgiven and obtain eternal life (John 20:31).

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Stay on the subject. >>>A few Pope-bashing fundamentalist fanatics all wear the same T shirt <<>>> MY>MY> Grace !! I am staying on the subject!! Enjoy

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are ignorant and rude. MM is the truth Rude>MM >> >>NO<<>> But for the fallen and the ones that hide under a rock>> it could be for them!The truth is considered hatred by those who hate the truth. Most people despise and hate the truth. Jesus Christ brought truth into the world and they crucified Him. The Bible is truth (John 17:17). Jesus is the truth (John 14:6). The Holy Spirit is truth (John 15:29). Jesus taught in John 4:24 that God the Father can only be worshipped in spirit and truth. The truth is very important, and the very reason for which Christ came into the world. John 18:37, “...To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.” The truth is that Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ, and only by faith is His name can anyone have their sins forgiven and obtain eternal life (John 20:31).
Funny how you talk so much about tribulation while you inflict it.

I already exposed your lies about the Pope baptizing aliens with the full context of what he really said, and here you are repeating the same lies. What you claim about the Church and Islam are also lies, but exposing your lies is a waste of time because you will repeat the same lies and I am not playing your game.

The Catechism on Islam by James Akin ::

Reactions: Job and Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ANTI-CATHOLICISM ON THE INTERNET​

The Internet is a great place of collaboration, where people from all walks of life, social status, or country, can come together to speak on various issues. The Internet connects the world like never before, and a lot of information is available. But not all information is accurate, and may even be deceitful. One of the worse problems on the Internet is that of Anti-Catholicism.

The Internet does not know who is using it. You could be a Gandhi or Mother Teresa, or you could be a full-blown member of the Ku Klux Klan. The thing about the internet though, is that you do not get a biography of the person who made the website or you tube you are visiting. And even if you do, the person himself made it, so it could very possibly be skewed. Do not take anyone's word for things on the Internet unless you completely trust that person.

Anti-Catholicism is rampant on the Internet, and there are even communities which revolve around spreading lies about the Catholic Faith. The problem is that when one person distorts the truth, especially if they do it in a very grevious way, others quickly use the information to spread propaganda. Some spread these lies unwittingly, because they actually believe them.

Some sites are set up to look like they are somehow helping Catholics... they claim they want to "rescue" Catholics, or show Catholics the "correct path". They like to use the Bible to show Catholics why what they believe is wrong. Do they not realize that the Bible is a book written by and for Catholics, preserved through the centuries by Catholics who believe it in its entirety? Even Martin Luther, the pre-eminent anti-Catholic admitted to this fact.

My advice for people who encounter anti-Catholic information is to do your homework. Do not accept these people's claims at face value, find out the real information yourself. All the doctrines, dogmas, and disciplines of the Catholic religion are freely available at the library or the Internet. Catholics are not shy about what they believe, nor do they ever try to hide it. It's out in the open for everyone to see. Like Bishop Fulton J. Sheen once said, not a hundred people disagree with the Catholic Church, but millions disagree with what they wrongly believe to be the Catholics Church. The Catechism of the Catholic Church, which was promulgated by the Pope, is a sure way of knowing what Catholics believe.

Think about if you were having a debate with someone on, say, being vegetarian. You were against being vegetarian, and the other was debating for being vegetarian. Would it make sense if your opponent who was debating for vegetarianism was a staunch anti-vegetarian? Or would it make more sense to debate an actual vegetarian? Obviously, it makes more sense to debate the actual vegetarian. This is the same as with Catholicism.

Another question is, who do you ask? I admit that you cannot necessarily ask any regular Catholic what they Catholic Church believes. They may or may not know, and if you ask in a confrontational way, they may not know how to respond to your questions. The best thing to do is to go straight to the source. Go to the Vatican.va website, or Catholic.com, or check out the Catechism. These are the best ways to get information.

Finally, be careful of people who seem like they could be Catholic, but in actually are not. I am speaking mostly of schismatics and heretics. Some like to say they are Catholic, but in actuality are not. The best way to know if someone is truly Catholic is to find out their relationship with the Pope. If they say they are in full union with the Bishop of Rome, and submit to his authority, then you have a safe bet that you can trust their information. But be careful. Some schismatic groups may claim they listen to the Pope, but find out the name of "their" Pope. There is only one. Some schismatic groups claim another man, besides Francis, as their Pope, but this man is a mockery to the real Papacy established by Christ.

As you use these tips, I pray that, with the grace of God, you can navigate away from lies and toward the Truth of the Catholic Faith.
Catholicism for Everyone: Anti-Catholicism on the Internet

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The New Anti-Catholicism:
The Last Acceptable Prejudice
Paperback – Sep 10 2004

Anti-Catholicism has a long history in America. And as Philip Jenkins argues in The New Anti-Catholicism, this virulent strain of hatred--once thought dead--is alive and well in our nation, but few people seem to notice, or care.

A statement that is seen as racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, or homophobic can haunt a speaker for years, writes Jenkins, but it is still possible to make hostile and vituperative public statements about Roman Catholicism without fear of serious repercussions. Jenkins shines a light on anti-Catholic sentiment in American society and illuminates its causes, looking closely at gay and feminist anti-Catholicism, anti-Catholic rhetoric and imagery in the media, and the anti-Catholicism of the academic world.

For newspapers and newsmagazines, for television news and in movies, for major book publishers, the Catholic Church has come to provide a grossly stereotyped public villain. Catholic opinions, doctrines, and individual leaders are frequently the butt of harsh satire. Indeed, the notion that the church is a deadly enemy of women--the idea of Catholic misogyny--is commonly accepted in the news media and in popular culture, says Jenkins...
It was said that with the election of John F. Kennedy, anti-Catholicism in America was dead. This provocative new book corrects that illusion, drawing attention to this important issue.

https://www.amazon.ca/New-Anti-Catholicism-Last-Acceptable-Prejudice/dp/0195176049

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
The Church is the Pillar and foundation of truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
The Church is Christ on earth (Acts 9:4-5).

There is no such things as Christ OR the Church.
The Church is His Body and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12, Col. 1:18).
!00 % agree, its just not your or any of mens, you know what it is when you say something about one thing but actually mean something else? Its call deception and we know where that comes from. So many persecuting Jesus, when will the persecution of His eklesia end... Funny how it is that mens religions persecute the one they proclaim to worship. Should this not be about teh persecution of our Lords Church....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
!00 % agree, its just not your or any of mens, you know what it is when you say something about one thing but actually mean something else? Its call deception and we know where that comes from. So many persecuting Jesus, when will the persecution of His eklesia end... Funny how it is that mens religions persecute the one they proclaim to worship. Should this not be about teh persecution of our Lords Church....
No, it is the Catholic Church.

Here's a challenge for you, my Scripturally and historically bankrupt friend:
Show me which church in the history of Christendom that exist in the first century and still s today

It's certainly not YOUR cult at aggressivechristianity.net which began in 1979.
Not the Baptists.
Not the Lutherans.
Not the Methodists.
Not the Presbyterians.
Not the folks over at Cornerstone.
Not the Pentecostals.
Not the Reformed Evangelical or "non denominational" sects.
These are all the "men's religions" that you speak of - and there are tens of thousands more . . ..

Nope - only the Catholic Church existed, which was established by Christ and His Apostles and is the Original Tree from which Protestantism splintered - and continues to splinter to this day.

There ends the lesson.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
DETROIT (ChurchMilitant.com) - The Ku Klux Klan hates Catholics.

Founded by disbanded Confederate soldiers on Christmas Eve, 1865, the secret fraternal society quickly transformed into a paramilitary group bent on fighting Reconstruction and the advancement of African-Americans, Jews and Catholics.

The KKK's decidedly anti-Catholic bent appealed broadly to Protestant America. Philip Jenkins, Baylor University professor of history, writes, "The Klan was above all a Protestant movement, whose events were accompanied by beloved hymns like 'Onward Christian Soldiers,' but its trademark anthem was 'The Old Rugged Cross.'"

In one notorious case in Birmingham, Alabama, Fr. James Coyle was murdered by a Klansman, shot in the head on the porch of his rectory by E.R. Stephenson — a Southern Methodist Episcopal clergyman. Months before, Stephenson's daughter Ruth had converted to Catholicism. Catholics were, in fact, subjected to acts of violence during this period.

The Ku Klux Klan paid for Stephenson's defense, and four of his five attorneys were Klansmen. Not surprisingly, Stephenson was acquitted.

Protestant leadership, in fact, included prominent figures within the Klan. "Protestant clergy were prominent in the leadership of this 'crusade,'" he observes, "'consecrated beneath the fiery cross of militant Protestant Christianity.' Every lodge had its kleagle or chaplain who was always a Protestant minister."

The KKK's anti-Catholic bigotry sprang from a broader antipathy toward the Church. Historian Arthur Schlesinger describes U.S. anti-Catholicism as "the deepest bias in the history of the American people."

Again, Jenkins explains:

Partly, the Klan inherited the very powerful nineteenth century tradition of militant anti-Catholic bigotry, which presented the Church as a vehicle for tyranny, paganism, immorality, persecution and every anti-Christian force. The Klan rehearsed the ancient charges of American nativism about Catholic evils, including the Inquisition, the seditious secret oaths taken by the Knights of Columbus and the conspiratorial nature of the Jesuit order. So much was familiar — but from the 1890s the U.S. experienced a mass immigration largely derived from Eastern and Central Europe, and newer groups were heavily Catholic and Jewish in character.

The KKK underwent rapid growth during the 1910s. By the early 1920s, its membership had swollen to more than 5 million, and its journal, The Fiery Cross, had a readership of 400,000.

Contrary to common perceptions, at that time the Klan was not primarily a Southern phenomenon — its greatest support was rooted in the North and Midwest. Pennsylvania alone counted more than 423 Klan lodges.

At the 1924 Democratic National Convention in New York, Catholic Al Smith became a leading contender for the party's presidential nominee. Hundreds of Klansmen delegates responded by disrupting proceedings, shouting calls for violence against African-American and Catholics and defiling effigies of Smith. Democrats came within one vote of adopting a Klan platform plank voting against it 543–542.
read more here

It looks to me that a lot of psychotic anti-Catholic funnymentalist bigots in this forum have adopted KKK theology. They scream the same lunacies.

Reactions: Helen