Anti Mask Is Nothing New

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Mask Slackers of 1918

There have been those who refused to wear masks even during a flu epidemic...

Now it's conservatives who don't want to wear the masks and liberals who do...

Politics are funny...

The truth isn't relevant only the fighting is.

Sooner or later you learn to wear masks when stirring up a lot of dust and fumes at work. ;)

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't wear a mask as a general rule. It is pointless. In my state, our Governor touts that masks are working, yet they aren't. We have more cases than ever before, yet the death numbers each day(which are suspect to begin with) remain the same. So why wear a mask?

Not to mention, these liberals who push for masks only do it when the cameras are on them. How many times have they been caught off camera not masking up or social distancing? It's just politics.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't wear a mask as a general rule. It is pointless. In my state, our Governor touts that masks are working, yet they aren't. We have more cases than ever before, yet the death numbers each day(which are suspect to begin with) remain the same. So why wear a mask?

Not to mention, these liberals who push for masks only do it when the cameras are on them. How many times have they been caught off camera not masking up or social distancing? It's just politics.

Actually it isn't.
My son and everyone at his job had to wear masks...one person came in only a little sick but was wearing her mask...she got sent home and her symptoms got worse. She later tested positive.

My son hasn't caught the virus because he and everyone (especially the sick girl) was wearing a mask. It's more about protecting everyone else than you. But it helps you too.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is zero science that masks work. The virus is smaller than what these masks can filter out. This has been the scientific fact that is established by several tests during previous viral outbreaks where they tested if masks worked.

Now, having said that, if someone coughs or sneezes and larger droplets spray out, a barrier could improve the likelihood of transmission. Yet, the eyes are just as vulnerable. I would "estimate" that if everyone is wearing the mask, it "may" reduce transmission by 15-20% at BEST!

With ANY method that increases one's chance of not contracting the virus works, I would recommend using it. Yet, I find it offensive that this has been used as a political tool of fear and control. It is not based on "science."

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is zero science that masks work. The virus is smaller than what these masks can filter out. This has been the scientific fact that is established by several tests during previous viral outbreaks where they tested if masks worked.

Now, having said that, if someone coughs or sneezes and larger droplets spray out, a barrier could improve the likelihood of transmission. Yet, the eyes are just as vulnerable. I would "estimate" that if everyone is wearing the mask, it "may" reduce transmission by 15-20% at BEST!

With ANY method that increases one's chance of not contracting the virus works, I would recommend using it. Yet, I find it offensive that this has been used as a political tool of fear and control. It is not based on "science."

You obviously care more about the fight than the truth.
Several studies have been done recently and proved beyond any doubt that wearing masks works when worn appropriately.

Mostly by preventing sick people infecting you.

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Mask Slackers of 1918

There have been those who refused to wear masks even during a flu epidemic...

Now it's conservatives who don't want to wear the masks and liberals who do...

Politics are funny...

The truth isn't relevant only the fighting is.

Hmmm, seems to me that some people are just trying to make excuses just because they don't want to wear one.

What does it remind you of? Kids not wanting to wear a seatbelt? :eek:

Reactions: Helen and JohnDB

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mask or no Mask?

Surgical masks - used to Keep the Individual's Germs From contaminating a Sterile Environment.
They do NOTHING to prevent Contact with a Virus.

Procedural masks - used to keep an uninfected individual's Germs From exposing an uninfected person.

Surgical masks are sterile and have Several layers per it construction, and become contaminated, if the mask is touched by a persons hands or contacted with other items.
It is intended to be disposed of After leaving the Sterile environment.

Any sterile or procedural mask, not properly worn, are useless for their intended purpose.

Properly worn, means: securely covering Nose and Mouth...WITHOUT gaps!

Homemade masks, bandanas, etc. -
simply make a person look ridiculous and gives them a False sense of security of being protected Against a Virus.

There are thousands of Viruses.
Of particular Viruses identified and studied...
Viruses are most commonly Transmitted from an infected person to an UN-infected person through Mucus.
Viruses can Also be transmitted, by touching something an infected person has touched, having any of his OWN mucus on his hands.
Viruses of certain strains can last on an object from a Few hours to approx 9 days.

It's a personal choice.
Personally, NO, I find no benefit to wearing a mask, except at a holloween event or maybe if one is so inclined to rob a bank.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: kcnalp and Nancy

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mask or no Mask?

Surgical masks - used to Keep the Individual's Germs From contaminating a Sterile Environment.

Procedural masks - used to keep an uninfected individual's Germs From exposing an uninfected person.

Surgical masks are sterile and have Several layers per it construction, and become contaminated, if the mask is touched by a persons hands or contacted with other items.
It is intended to be disposed of After leaving the Sterile environment.

Any sterile or procedural mask, not properly worn, are useless for their intended purpose.

Properly worn, means: securely covering Nose and Mouth...WITHOUT gaps!

Homemade masks, bandanas, etc. -
simply make a person look ridiculous and gives them a False sense of security of being protected Against a Virus.

There are thousands of Viruses.
Of particular Viruses identified and studied...
Viruses are most commonly Transmitted from an infected person to an UN-infected person through Mucus.
Viruses can Also be transmitted, by touching something an infected person has touched, having any of his OWN mucus on his hands.
Viruses of certain strains can last on an object from a Few hours to approx 9 days.

It's a personal choice.
Personally, NO, I find no benefit to wearing a mask, except at a holloween event or maybe if one is so inclined to rob a bank.

Glory to God,
Taken

Masks are used to limit the virus of infected people who unknowingly are sick from infecting healthy.
Personal sanitation is up to the individual...

It won't stop people from getting sick by touching common objects like handrails and doorknobs and then rubbing eyes or noses.

But it will allow an infected person from infecting a room of people who aren't touching anything.

The science is definitive. 97% + effective by simply wearing masks.

70%+ if just the sick person wears the mask...

It's not a big thing...I don't want to catch nor give the virus. And I don't want to get into a fight, get a ticket, or anything else. I got too much else to do. YMMV.

And considering all the people I know who were Anti-mask and anti-quarantine who have gotten sick...(just about all of them)

I'm fine doing exactly as I am, as the science has proven.

Reactions: Helen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it isn't.
My son and everyone at his job had to wear masks...one person came in only a little sick but was wearing her mask...she got sent home and her symptoms got worse. She later tested positive.

My son hasn't caught the virus because he and everyone (especially the sick girl) was wearing a mask. It's more about protecting everyone else than you. But it helps you too.
You know before this 'thing' arrived this year, people were not wearing any mask from anything beside industrial works for obvious reasons. Never for a fever, cold, virus or whatever or how ever one felt. If it was prudent and the right thing to do one would go home, or as you said in this instance, she was sent home.

Here's the other thing. When a person went home due to illness, you did not go to a doctor if it was not necessary. And if it was, you did not get a DNA/virus detection test done. One never existed and there's none available today that truly can isolate only a unique virus or germ... This testing and testing '+' is done on a machine that is designed for experiential use only and never for any diagnosis according to its inventor and Nobel prize winner. Of course the doctor might not even had this test machine available and still called this person '+' based on a quick physical observation, which is ridiculous and criminal in its self. And they do this today a lot, especially if $$ is to be gained. The climate we are in today is a type of a chaotic war and truth is the first thing to get thrown out.

If she got a PCR machine test done then this machine is very sensitive to detect many virus' or germs in the body that may have existed a day a go, or even 5 years ago, even in very minute quantities. It calls all of it '+'....the doctor cannot say it is for sure COVID-19...a shame what is happening...and the unnecessary fear and pain it has caused...

So you still think that wearing masks makes you not test '+' and then you don't have any type of bug? ..IMO I doubt it very much with great confidence....in fact wearing one on a person that even has the common flu is not helping anyone else around them....the virus gets out very easily through and around the mask...that's the reason why we never did and never should wear one....

There is true science to show that wearing a mask increased the PH level in the blood with the induction of back blown CO2. And the amount of O2 available for breathing is lessened significantly, by up to 20 percent...very detrimental to folks with underling respiratory conditions such as COPD etc.

Then there's the fact that this material catches germs and redistributes them to others not wearing masks....go figure right ...they can harm folks not wearing them..

Personally, I have been around (within inches for at least 10 minute intervals) folks wearing masks that some say were tested '+', many a time and in enclosed quarters, like in a car, and I do not wear a mask..no sniffles, coughing etc..I have not had a common flu since I was in my 20s decades ago..I must be naturally immune I guess to whatever they THINK they have or were especially TOLD to THINK, right.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the Influenza virus...yes it's respiratory system issues. And we have Antiviral medicine and other things that can help fight it.

Covid-19 is different though.
It has been creating lingering damage that doesn't go away. Chronic fatigue syndrome, kidney, lung, and heart damage that won't go away for years if ever.
Also some people get nerve system problems that last for a very long time. (Eating tasteless mush isn't pleasant)

And we have NO Treatments at this time. No preventative medicine whatsoever.

They are working on them...I believe that they will get some soon enough.

But I refuse to accidentally harm anyone else if I can simply wear a mask and prevent problems.
Last year at a gingerbread party I felt so guilty for showing up and later testing positive for flu-A. I knew I had a cold but since I'd already had the flu I thought that I was safe. Especially with all the drugs I was taking.

Now the potential damage is so life altering I don't know if I could live with myself if I gave it to someone else.

Reactions: Rita and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Masks are used to limit the virus of infected people who unknowingly are sick from infecting healthy.
Personal sanitation is up to the individual...

It won't stop people from getting sick by touching common objects like handrails and doorknobs and then rubbing eyes or noses.

But it will allow an infected person from infecting a room of people who aren't touching anything.

The science is definitive. 97% + effective by simply wearing masks.

70%+ if just the sick person wears the mask...

It's not a big thing...I don't want to catch nor give the virus. And I don't want to get into a fight, get a ticket, or anything else. I got too much else to do. YMMV.

And considering all the people I know who were Anti-mask and anti-quarantine who have gotten sick...(just about all of them)

I'm fine doing exactly as I am, as the science has proven.

Just saying, an infected person, talking, coughing, sneezing, is Stopping nothing through an unfiltered mask.

A Ticket or Arrest for not wearing a mask?
Must only apply to particular states.

Reactions: Nancy and APAK

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it isn't.

And I was directly exposed to the virus for HOURS by three people (relatives) who were at my home. We ate together, sat together, hugged, etc. Yet I did not catch the virus. And no, none of us were wearing masks. So no, you CANNOT definitively say the masks kept people safe.

Several studies have been done recently and proved beyond any doubt that wearing masks works when worn appropriately.
Name one. Citation please.

It has been creating lingering damage that doesn't go away. Chronic fatigue syndrome, kidney, lung, and heart damage that won't go away for years if ever.
That is speculation. The virus has not been around long enough to know that.

And we have NO Treatments at this time. No preventative medicine whatsoever.
Also false.

Now the potential damage is so life altering I don't know if I could live with myself if I gave it to someone else.
You mean for a virus that is not nearly as deadly as they try to make it seem?

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously care more about the fight than the truth.

Mostly by preventing sick people infecting you.

The CDC
CDC Study Based on 14 Clinical Trials Shows Face Masks do Not Work!

Surgeon General
Surgeon general: Data doesn't back up wearing masks in public amid coronavirus pandemic

Annals of Internal Medicine
New Study Casts More Doubt on Effectiveness of Masks in Preventing COVID-19 Spread | Jon Miltimore

So much for "truth."

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, seems to me that some people are just trying to make excuses just because they don't want to wear one.

What does it remind you of? Kids not wanting to wear a seatbelt? :eek:
It reminds be of adults who lock their doors at night when they can call 911. Or those faithless people who own a fire extinguisher when they can call 911.

Reactions: historyb and APAK

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: historyb and APAK

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Candidus and kcnalp

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pandemic is over. It is now a "casedemic."

https://www.spreely.com/videos/1076...sept-8th-the-science-logic-and-data-explained

Real data, real historical trends, real facts. There is a lot of information! If you start at 20:30 you can see more about the casedemic.
There never was a pandemic. The virus is real, yes. However, MANY positive tests were because the tests were too sensitive and were catching amounts of the virus that were not transmissionable and would otherwise have not been counted for any other disease.

Reactions: Enoch111 and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Candidus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I was directly exposed to the virus for HOURS by three people (relatives) who were at my home. We ate together, sat together, hugged, etc. Yet I did not catch the virus. And no, none of us were wearing masks. So no, you CANNOT definitively say the masks kept people safe.

Name one. Citation please.

That is speculation. The virus has not been around long enough to know that.

Also false.

You mean for a virus that is not nearly as deadly as they try to make it seem?

Agree.

There are thousands of virus'. Most likely every person could be found with multiple Virus' in their Body.
It is not having a Virus, but that IF a Virus Attacks, Attaches to any "weak" cells in a person's body, setting off a reaction to multiply and Spread to other cells, establishing an infection is present.

One does not have to be a genius to notice Fat America, and the Regular Long lines at the six fast food chains on every corner to conclude...People are Full of dead food, VOID of nutrients necessary for a healthy body.

Glory to God,
Taken