anti war protestors at a soldier's funeral

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Yesterday I drove by a funeral service that was outside for a officer that had died in Iraq. According to the local news, the fallen patriot said he was re- enlisting that last time, so someone else could stay home with his/her family.His brother said he was always helping people.As I drove by, I saw law enforcement officers and didn't see a real need for them, as traffic was not effected by the outdoor service.Then I drove by a handful of anti war protestors.Strangely enough, the local news said nothing about the anti war protestors.I felt that they didn't want to give the war protestors bad press since they are always on their side.What do you feel about anti war protestors showing up at soldiers' funerals?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I have heard of this before Ros I think it absolutely despicable behavior by these protestors a funeral isn't the place Freedom of speech is fine but there is a whole country where they can voice their message without adding to the grieve of a family who has lost a loved one.Maybe the press didn't want to give them any encouragement covering them

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Well Kriss, they were quiet and actually for the short time I went past, seemed to be orderly.I have nothing against them protesting but I think they shouldn't do it at the funerals of the soldiers.This summer there was a more noisy protest in which protesters had signs like honk if you're against war or honk if you're for peace.How silly; who isn't for peace and who doesn't hate war?

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
First off, Officers don't re enlist. They are comissioned and their ID cards read "Indefinate" in the expiration date block. They have to serve for a minimum of four years and after that, they can resign their comission. Officers do no re enlist.It is moot to demonstrate against or for a war at a soldiers funeral. Service members have no pull on policy. They obey orders and have no input as to weather a war starts or not. If a service member strongly disagrees with a war, he can refuse to go but must be willing to accept the punishment.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Bernie, he was a non commissioned officer and he did re-enlist toprevent someone else from having to go. An NCO
smile.gif
NCOs can re -enlist

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Bernie, non commissioned or commissioned wasn't the point anyway.The point was a lack of class for the anti war demonstrators to protest at a NCO's funeral.(Non commissioned officers can and do re-enlist all the time. They are officers and deserve their title as officer. )Some people actually want to serve their country. The majority are well educated and middle class; they just believe different then you.I would like to know what if anything would the anti war protestors be willing to fight for; that is aside from rock concert tickets to see some piece of crap rock star.If they're just trying to fit in with their dopey professors then I hope they wise up one day before it's too late for our country.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
An NCO is an enlisted, not an officer. The term "Officer" is used for comissioned officers, not enlisted NCO's.As far as what one who is against this war is willing to fight for......I was one who dove under ships in search of IED's in the early days following 9-11. We were willing to go to Tora Bora and take on those who actually did 9-11. But when it came to invading a nation to impose our baby killing and butt slamming ways upon them, I drew the line and submitted my retirement papers.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
As far as fighting is comcerned, can you open your Bible and show me where we are called upon to liberate the world into democracy? How about showing me enywhere in the Bible where "The will of the people" is ever spoken of favorably much less called for.Sorry, but there is no gospel of bombs & bullets.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(BernieEOD;5390)
An NCO is an enlisted, not an officer. The term "Officer" is used for comissioned officers, not enlisted NCO's.
Once again; a NCO- a non comissioned officer is a non comissioned officer.He is not a comissioned officer; and he's not just a enlisted soldier.
As far as what one who is against this war is willing to fight for......I was one who dove under ships in search of IED's in the early days following 9-11. We were willing to go to Tora Bora and take on those who actually did 9-11. But when it came to invading a nation to impose our baby killing and butt slamming ways upon them, I drew the line and submitted my retirement papers.
I am not speaking of every single person that opposes the war but the majority.It is an all voluntary military. No one is forced to go. It's all over the news that the findings are that the majority in the military are middle class and educated.A lot of liberals would have us believe it is just the uneducated poor that sign up, but in reality that group is under represented in the military, the findings say.The truth is this war will last all of our life time, I believe.And we live in a dangerous world and 9-11 was an attack on our country; the next time a city may be hit. So it's a good thing we're addressing the problem now.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(BernieEOD;5391)
As far as fighting is comcerned, can you open your Bible and show me where we are called upon to liberate the world into democracy? How about showing me enywhere in the Bible where "The will of the people" is ever spoken of favorably much less called for.Sorry, but there is no gospel of bombs & bullets.
Apostle Paul writes that we are to obey our leaders and they are put there by God.We were attacked and we have a right to defend ourselves. Thou shall do no murder means lying in wait; not self defense.I understand how you feel, Bernie, but there are a lot of young men and women that enlisted because they felt patriotism and love for their freedom.And they want to make a diffence.I hate to harp back to the Vietnam war but the liberals do so.....I feelthat the way the college students and others treated the Vets was disgraceful and we should never ever make other vets go through that ever again.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Iraq did not attack us. We are there to impose our baby killing and butt slamming ways upon them. We are the invaders. Your quote to obey those in authority was used by the opostate German Churches to say that because those in authority commanded it, it was every German Christians duty to round up the Jews and kill them.I am a veteran. 26 years of service. 13 active, 13 reserve.The curses or blessings of those who never served are meaningless.The enemy did nothing to us on 9-11 than what we did to Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresdyn, Colonge, Tokyo, Osaka, and many other cities.When governemnt orders us to do something that id contrary to God's will, we must obey God rather than men. There is no gospel of bombs and bullets, nor is there a call to impose ploitical freedom. The freedom Christ offers has nothing to do with political or religious freedom. Once again, we have a ministry that is more neocon than it is Gospel.The late Dr. J Vernon McGee preached "The Lord Judged this nation in Southeast Asia because we went in with bombs instead of Bibles".The corrupt government we installed in the South was a nation that the Vietnamese were not willing to fight for. Likewise, the godless disguised as grace we are trying to install in other countries is something nobody is willing to risk their lives for.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
[quote name='ROS777;5257]Well Kriss' date=' they were quiet and actually for the short time I went past, seemed to be orderly.I have nothing against them protesting but I think they shouldn't do it at the funerals of the soldiers.[/QUOTE']This is one of my first posts. Protest to your heart's content. It lacks class to do it at funerals; whether the soldier just enlisted or he was a lifer.As for the war; right or wrong would be how the politicians are mucking it up.The average soldier needs our support.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Support the troops! Start a war? I Don't think so. Combat veterans are usually the first to ask "Is this war really necessary?"