Antichrist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prefix “anti” can mean counterfeit or against, but most importantly, it means “in place of.” Hence, willful opposition to Christ by enemies such as the Roman emperor Nero and others were “anti-Christ” activity. However, those who substitute their own methods for Christ’s methods are the more dangerous anti-Christs.

The body of Christ is composed of spirit-begotten or spirit anointed true Christians. Their head is Jesus:

Colossians 1:18 (NKJV), “And He (Jesus) is the head of the body, the church,…”

1 Corinthians 12:12, 27 (NKJV), 12 “For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. … 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.”

There is also a structure to the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:18, 28 (NKJV), 18 “But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. … 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.”

The counterfeit antichrist of the greatest danger is a structured body as well. The Roman Catholic Church (not the people) calls the Pope its head. Then come the body members: Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, etc. Pope Boniface VIII decreed: “We declare, say, define, pronounce it necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff.” Pope Innocent III said, “The pope holds the place of the true God…” Innocent and Jacobatius stated that “the pope can do nearly all that God can do…” In 1870, an Ecumenical Council in Rome decreed the Pope’s ex cathedra utterances to be infallible. The Roman church set its own doctrines in place of God’s word, the Bible, as the standard. Papacy even made it a crime to read the Bible.

Among counterfeit doctrines, the Mass, which is a fresh slaying of Jesus on the “altar,” is substituted for Jesus’s one time death on the cross as man’s ransom. Hebrews 7:27 (NKJV), 27 “who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.” Hebrews 10:10 (NKJV), “By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

Any religion or person who is against God’s Son, God’s word, His plan, and His principles is an antichrist in spirit. 1 John 2:22 (CSB), “Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This one is the antichrist…” Historically, some religious leaders declared themselves to be the Messiah, but those declarations always proved false.

The great Antichrist system of the Roman Catholic Church is still present, we should not be looking for a future “man of sin.”

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Among counterfeit doctrines, the Mass, which is a fresh slaying of Jesus on the “altar,” is substituted for Jesus’s one time death on the cross as man’s ransom
I fail to see how. What's the difference between a catholic mass and a protestant service?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's that old JEW's hatred against the pope and the Catholic Church again!

I've even heard Jewish smears against the RCC saying they supported Hitler!!

One cannot believe much of what comes out of the Jew's mouths. No wonder Martin Luther wouldn't given them the time of day.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The coming Antichrist is NOT... going to be a pope, nor ANY western leader, nor even one born in the flesh.

Jesus showed in the Book of John that the Antichrist will be the "prince of this world", Satan himself that is coming to play Christ in JERUSALEM, not Rome, not New York, not Brussels. etc.

The orthodox unbelieving Jews in today's JERUSALEM already have the materials ready to build a 3rd Jewish temple. When the false-Messiah gets here, and THOSE FALSE JEWS in Jerusalem set him up as their 'king', that is when the whole world will wonder at the beast. The majority of the world are going worship that false one, thinking he is God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prefix “anti” can mean counterfeit or against, but most importantly, it means “in place of.” Hence, willful opposition to Christ by enemies such as the Roman emperor Nero and others were “anti-Christ” activity. However, those who substitute their own methods for Christ’s methods are the more dangerous anti-Christs.

The body of Christ is composed of spirit-begotten or spirit anointed true Christians. Their head is Jesus:

1 Corinthians 12:12, 27 (NKJV), 12 “For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. … 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.”

There is also a structure to the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:18, 28 (NKJV), 18 “But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. … 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.”

The counterfeit antichrist of the greatest danger is a structured body as well. The Roman Catholic Church (not the people) calls the Pope its head. Then come the body members: Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, etc. Pope Boniface VIII decreed: “We declare, say, define, pronounce it necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff.” Pope Innocent III said, “The pope holds the place of the true God…” Innocent and Jacobatius stated that “the pope can do nearly all that God can do…” In 1870, an Ecumenical Council in Rome decreed the Pope’s ex cathedra utterances to be infallible. The Roman church set its own doctrines in place of God’s word, the Bible, as the standard. Papacy even made it a crime to read the Bible.

Among counterfeit doctrines, the Mass, which is a fresh slaying of Jesus on the “altar,” is substituted for Jesus’s one time death on the cross as man’s ransom. Hebrews 7:27 (NKJV), 27 “who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.” Hebrews 10:10 (NKJV), “By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

Any religion or person who is against God’s Son, God’s word, His plan, and His principles is an antichrist in spirit. 1 John 2:22 (CSB), “Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This one is the antichrist…” Historically, some religious leaders declared themselves to be the Messiah, but those declarations always proved false.

The great Antichrist system of the Roman Catholic Church is still present, we should not be looking for a future “man of sin.”
Antichrists are very powerful sir. They put the world into apostasy in the first century, and still are quite active today.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Babylon rides the beast, then is destroyed by the beast before he enters the temple to make an abomination of desolation.

Babylon will get her just reward.. But to say she the antichrist would be an error..

Reactions: David in NJ

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon rides the beast, then is destroyed by the beast before he enters the temple to make an abomination of desolation.

Babylon will get her just reward.. But to say she the antichrist would be an error..
Huh???

The Babylon Harlot of Revelation is JERUSALEM in an idol worship state. The last verse of Rev.17 tells us the 'woman' is a "great city". See Ezekiel 16 where God called Jerusalem a harlot for falling into idol worship.

The Antichrist is not... the woman, not the harlot. The word Antichrist means the 'in place of Christ'. That is exactly what is going to happen per Lord Jesus. A false-Messiah is coming first to play Lord Jesus in Jerusalem. All religions will be taught that is God having come. We are not to believe it, because that first one coming working 'supernatural' miracles in the sight of men will NOT be our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh???

The Babylon Harlot of Revelation is JERUSALEM in an idol worship state. The last verse of Rev.17 tells us the 'woman' is a "great city". See Ezekiel 16 where God called Jerusalem a harlot for falling into idol worship.

The Antichrist is not... the woman, not the harlot. The word Antichrist means the 'in place of Christ'. That is exactly what is going to happen per Lord Jesus. A false-Messiah is coming first to play Lord Jesus in Jerusalem. All religions will be taught that is God having come. We are not to believe it, because that first one coming working 'supernatural' miracles in the sight of men will NOT be our Lord Jesus Christ.
No, it is not jerusalem. It never has been

Jerusalem played the harlot by sleeping with Babylon. Babylons headquarters at the time of Christ was rome.

Peter acknowledges this when he was in Rome when writing his epistle

1 Peter 5:13
She who is in Babylon, elect together with you, greets you; and so does Mark my son.

Your right, the antichrist is not the harlot.. The harlot rides the beast.. and the beast will destroy her (rev 17 - 18) because she will be a threat to him once he tells who he really is..

Reactions: David in NJ

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is not jerusalem. It never has been
Then you are calling God a liar, because He shows how Jerusalem played the Harlot against Him in Ezekiel 16. So should we believe your... word, or God's Word? Not difficult for me, I choose to believe God's Word as written.

Jerusalem played the harlot by sleeping with Babylon. Babylons headquarters at the time of Christ was rome.
No it wasn't. You cannot just go applying the word 'Babylon' to every working against Christ. That is not how The Bible is written, but it is how men's doctrines outside The Bible are written.

Rome represented its 'own' beast system of Daniel 2, the "legs of iron". The head of gold represented the historical Babylon kingdom under Nebuchadnezzar. The Babylon of the Book of Revelation represents a "great city", and Revelation 11:8 shows us that "great city" is where Lord Jesus was crucified. So Lord Jesus actually made it easy to identify as JERUSALEM for the end of this world. And Rev.11:8 also uses the symbols of Sodom and Egypt as pagan idolatry areas per Old Testament history, which God also used pagan idolatry for fallen Jerusalem in Ezekiel 16.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are calling God a liar, because He shows how Jerusalem played the Harlot against Him in Ezekiel 16. So should we believe your... word, or God's Word? Not difficult for me, I choose to believe God's Word as written.
[/QUOTE]

No, Because Israel DID play the harlot, I have not called God a liar. but you have falsly accused me...

In rev 17, it is not a city playing a harlot. the city IS a harlot.. and not just a harlot but the MOTHER of harlots

the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”
3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of [b]her fornication. 5 And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

Please note. Jerusalem fits non of these characteristic
No it wasn't. You cannot just go applying the word 'Babylon' to every working against Christ. That is not how The Bible is written, but it is how men's doctrines outside The Bible are written.

Rome represented its 'own' beast system of Daniel 2, the "legs of iron". The head of gold represented the historical Babylon kingdom under Nebuchadnezzar. The Babylon of the Book of Revelation represents a "great city", and Revelation 11:8 shows us that "great city" is where Lord Jesus was crucified. So Lord Jesus actually made it easy to identify as JERUSALEM for the end of this world. And Rev.11:8 also uses the symbols of Sodom and Egypt as pagan idolatry areas per Old Testament history, which God also used pagan idolatry for fallen Jerusalem in Ezekiel 16.
Rome is two things

the city or the empire.. he is the final beast he is the beast the harlot rides on.

the mother of harlots is the babylonian/pagan system which origionated at the tower of babel, and at the time of writting was centered in rome., It is what we call today the great city of the vatican.. which sits on 7 hills Thats why Peter called her babylon..

You need to study more my friend, instead of sitting here accusing me

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Because Israel DID play the harlot, I have not called God a liar. but you have falsly accused me...

Oh dear me, oh my! In your previous post YOU CALLED ME A LIAR when I was just trying to show you what GOD Himself taught!

Eternally Grateful said:
"No, it is not jerusalem. It never has been"

That is calling me a LIAR.

I told you the Truth directly from God's Word and you at the first CALLED ME A LIAR. The real shocker is though, that YOU CALLED GOD A LIAR by saying Jerusalem has NEVER been the Harlot.

So you are not conversation savvy, and so wishy-washy it would be difficult to believe much of what you have to say. So...

May God rebuke you, in the Name of Jesus Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear me, oh my! In your previous post YOU CALLED ME A LIAR when I was just trying to show you what GOD Himself taught!

Eternally Grateful said:
"No, it is not jerusalem. It never has been"

That is calling me a LIAR.
and I proved my point also.. the MOTHER OF HARLOTS has never been Israel.. she played the harlot with the true mother
I told you the Truth directly from God's Word and you at the first CALLED ME A LIAR. The real shocker is though, that YOU CALLED GOD A LIAR by saying Jerusalem has NEVER been the Harlot.

So you are not conversation savvy, and so wishy-washy it would be difficult to believe much of what you have to say. So...

May God rebuke you, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
hmm,, so you can not respond to what I said. and you go on attack mode.

pray for yourself my friend.. when your ready to discuss who the MOTHER OF HARLOTS in rev 17 is.. come talk to me..

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and I proved my point also.. the MOTHER OF HARLOTS has never been Israel.. she played the harlot with the true mother

hmm,, so you can not respond to what I said. and you go on attack mode.

pray for yourself my friend.. when your ready to discuss who the MOTHER OF HARLOTS in rev 17 is.. come talk to me..
Welcome to my IGNORE list DECEIVER.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to my IGNORE list DECEIVER.
I am proud to be a part of it.

When and if your ready to actually discuss this issue. I will be here.

Until then, You just proved you have no answer. so you do like many a people do and run away hoping no one will notice your deception.

well. everyone here sees it.. Good luck!

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The antichrist is Satan establishing his rule over the churches which have abandoned their marriage to Christ and have fornicated with the world.

Satan's ministers were already active ~2000 years ago (1 John 2:18) and advance to a complete conquering of the churches in the end times.

Some people say Satan can't be the antichrist because Revelations depicts him as a man, but Satan is pictured as a man in Isaiah 14:16, so the Bible allows it.

The attached study provides additional proofs of this.

Attachments

• Mystery Babylon- The Abomination of Desolation.pdf
    889.3 KB · Views: 3