1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Antinomianism (faith without works): Where Cognitive Dissonance Lives

Discussion in 'Christian Debate Forum' started by Phoneman777, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Phoneman777

Phoneman777 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Antinomianists suffer from Cognitive Dissonance. They consciously, readily accept that the Christian is saved by grace through faith alone - but, despite their cunningly devised arguments to the contrary, unconsciously admit that no Christian is at liberty to break the Ten Commandments. Their love of sin is the problem.
    • They know a Christian will be lost if he worships God by day and Satan by night.
    • They know a Christian will be lost if he bows down to God by day and images by night.
    • They know a Christian will be lost if he praises God's name by day and blasphemes it by night.
    • They know the same applies for all of God's commandments.
    So, rather than "resist unto blood striving against sin" (which 1 John 3:4 says is "transgression of the law"), antinomianists remove the Ten Commandments bathroom "mirror" (James 1:23-25) where cleansing might be obtained --- and transform it into a living room coffee table upon which vile magazines, Hollywood DVDs, satanic music CDs, and feet shod with filthy shoes instead of the Gospel of peace may cover it over.

Thus, the antinomianist conscience is quieted while the Savior is crucified afresh and put to an open shame.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. Heb 13:8

Heb 13:8 Well-Known Member

Unconditional love cannot be comprehended for those who haven't received it.

Antonyms for love

animosity
    dislike
    enmity
    hate
    hatred
    ill will
    indifference
    neglect
    apathy
    coolness
    disloyalty
    misery
    sorrow
    treachery
    unhappiness

There's a better way for the Pharisee though. The good news has been preached. All we have to do is receive it

Jhn 10:1 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

Jhn 10:7-13 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. a They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. 11“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

God bles

3. Episkopos

Episkopos Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    We have to run the race of faith lawfully. Grace doesn't transgress the law. It fulfills the righteous requirements of the law.

It is like playing a sport. If you show up with a hockey stick to a baseball game...you will be disqualified. If you show up with a baseball bat to a soccer game....you might even get arrested.

So context is everything. Grace is according to law....the law of faith.

4. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God removed the Ten Commandments Jeremiah (31:31–33), but we use them for commentary and instruction. If you need to be told not to steal or murder, you might not be born again.

5. Vexatious

Vexatious Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Antinomianists do not reject the law, as proven in that they eagerly follow man's law. So, it's an issue of which law do they follow, to whom is their allegiance.

6. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    All these many complicated words...when it is quite simple...Jesus distilled it down for us so that there could not be any complicated arguments.

If everything we did, everything we thought, everything we said etc
    was measure against the depth of our love for God and our neighbour
    We would fulfill all Gods will.

Matthew 22:37-
    "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38 This is the first and great commandment.
    39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. "
    40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

But no, we'd much rather complicate the real issue and pretend that this is not what is required of us.

Hidden In Him likes this.
  7. Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Good post! :)