ANY EVANGELICAL, BAPTIST, NON-DENOMINATIONAL, REFORMED OR METHODIST HERE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a lot for sharing Pearl. May your gift in Music and Speaking in Tongues bring an encouragement to others to make use of their time too through serving in full submission to Christ who is the Head of His Body. Blessings!
I think you misunderstood, when i said i sang in the choir i wasn't saying that was a gift.

By asking about gifts, did you mean spiritual gifts or did you mean skills or talents?

I think my talent has been more to do with using my PC. When I bought it, knowing nothing at all about computers, I 'gave' it to God and asked him to show me how to use it to serve him. And completely self taught I have done just that. I used to design and print cards to send to people at church on birthdays and such or just to encourage them. I also designed and published a quarterly newsletter, designed and printed booklets for the carol services and leaflets for outreach. And now here I am on this forum sharing other things God has given me.

I used to make bookmarks with bible verses too and leave them in returned library books.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all, I was brought up in a Christian home belonging to Methodist-Evangelical Church. I am new in this Christian Forum, what about you? What spiritual gifts do you have that you would like to share to encourage others to have a strengthened relationship with Jesus?
My wife and I went to a Methodist Church. They broke away a few years ago becoming nondenominational. We're about 1,000 members strong - or at least we were before COVID. We might be lower than 800 nowadays.

I doubt my spiritual gifts encourage others to have a strengthened relationship with Jesus. I'm highly philosophical and ask deep, penetrating questions. With my faith and doubt, I walk the line.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My wife and I went to a Methodist Church. They broke away a few years ago becoming nondenominational. We're about 1,000 members strong - or at least we were before COVID. We might be lower than 800 nowadays.

I doubt my spiritual gifts encourage others to have a strengthened relationship with Jesus. I'm highly philosophical and ask deep, penetrating questions. With my faith and doubt, I walk the line.

I Love your honesty...xx

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I think you misunderstood, when i said i sang in the choir i wasn't saying that was a gift.

By asking about gifts, did you mean spiritual gifts or did you mean skills or talents?

I think my talent has been more to do with using my PC. When I bought it, knowing nothing at all about computers, I 'gave' it to God and asked him to show me how to use it to serve him. And completely self taught I have done just that. I used to design and print cards to send to people at church on birthdays and such or just to encourage them. I also designed and published a quarterly newsletter, designed and printed booklets for the carol services and leaflets for outreach. And now here I am on this forum sharing other things God has given me.

I used to make bookmarks with bible verses too and leave them in returned library books.
Yes, skills are examples of spiritual gifts too in a broader way as it can be used in serving the Lord being a member of the church, and through the different functions work as a Body with Christ as the head. Romans 12:4-8 best explains it. Your talents in using the computer or designing can be categorized in service or encouragement. God bless you

Reactions: Pearl

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

By sharing

May your walk and devotion to the Lord won't hinder your faith along with your wife to a fruitful life consistently abiding in Jesus as you allow Him to use you in whichever way possible spiritually.

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Please tell me a little bit more about your gifts through arts, music?...what instruments do you play?
I did a bit of various Graphic Designs for some Churches such as posters, tickets, cards, t-shirt, and design layouts, along with many others. Also did some Art cut-outs and some Photo Collage for Church Bulletin Boards in the past. I don't play any Music Instrument, but I believe, I am highly- Spiritual in singing songs for the Lord that made me join the Music Ministry. I might add that I've been into teaching too, in Sunday School and DVBS (Daily Vacation Bible School) in different Churches. As Christ-followers, we do need to share our abilities because it is a gift from God by joining ministries where He can use us and strengthen our connection with Him.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
, we do need to share our abilities because it is a gift from God by joining ministries where He can use us and strengthen our connection with Him.

Proverbs 3:5–6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

ANY EVANGELICAL, BAPTIST, NON-DENOMINATIONAL, REFORMED OR METHODIST HERE?​

I'm a reforming non denominational with a method to rattle any evangelical baptist o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy and Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did a bit of various Graphic Designs for some Churches such as posters, tickets, cards, t-shirt, and design layouts, along with many others. Also did some Art cut-outs and some Photo Collage for Church Bulletin Boards in the past. I don't play any Music Instrument, but I believe, I am highly- Spiritual in singing songs for the Lord that made me join the Music Ministry. I might add that I've been into teaching too, in Sunday School and DVBS (Daily Vacation Bible School) in different Churches. As Christ-followers, we do need to share our abilities because it is a gift from God by joining ministries where He can use us and strengthen our connection with Him.
And it's not just the 'front of house' ministries that are important in a a fellowship, there also need to be people who make the tea and coffee, bring the biscuits and clean the loos. We are all important to God.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amd it's not just the 'front of house' ministries that are important in a a fellowship, there also need to be people who make the tea and coffee, bring the biscuits and clean the loos. We are all important to God.
Drinking yer own tea and coffee, bringing yer own biscuits and cleaning up after the remainder of yesterdays biscuits in the loo is not too much to ask of God fearing folk I'm sure.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all, I was brought up in a Christian home belonging to Methodist-Evangelical Church. I am new in this Christian Forum, what about you? What spiritual gifts do you have that you would like to share to encourage others to have a strengthened relationship with Jesus?
Good morning and welcome. I'm currently non-denominational as I follow the new testament church template spelled out in the bible. I don't see any denominations following that template at the present time. I was raised Mormon.

As for spiritual gifts. I think I see spiritual things with my spiritual eyes as God directs. It is a little overwhelming but interesting.

Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning and welcome. I'm currently non-denominational as I follow the new testament church template spelled out in the bible. I don't see any denominations following that template at the present time. I was raised Mormon.

As for spiritual gifts. I think I see spiritual things with my spiritual eyes as God directs. It is a little overwhelming but interesting.
Dev., God has given you gifts. There are many times on this forum, I have seen you say things that show a great deal of wisdom, and have told you so, without trying to puff you up. (Wisdom is a gift) I put a link for a spiritual gifts survey on this thread. You should take it.

Reactions: Pearl and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev., God has given you gifts. There are many times on this forum, I have seen you say things that show a great deal of wisdom, and have told you so, without trying to puff you up. (Wisdom is a gift) I put a link for a spiritual gifts survey on this thread. You should take it.
Thanks Cassandra. As always nice to hear from you :) I don't really see any wisdom God has given me but I'm not paying attention, it's nice you saw some! God is good to me I feel though which is nice of Him.

I'm still recovering from long COVID. It went away and has returned back and forth. I'm a bit out of it for now until I recover. Been almost 4 weeks on and off. But symptoms are mild so I'm OK.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Thanks Cassandra. As always nice to hear from you :) I don't really see any wisdom God has given me but I'm not paying attention, it's nice you saw some! God is good to me I feel though which is nice of Him.

I'm still recovering from long COVID. It went away and has returned back and forth. I'm a bit out of it for now until I recover. Been almost 4 weeks on and off. But symptoms are mild so I'm OK.
Thanks for sharing. Get well soon

Reactions: dev553344