Any Iniquity That Denies Him; You Will Be Denied

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A saved believer does not have to deny Him verbally for him to be denied by Him. A saved believer can be engaging in a work of iniquity that denies Him and that is the reason why Jesus will deny knowing them. That does not mean they are not saved, but that iniquity that denies Him is why He is denying them to disqualify them from the Marriage Supper.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

That can be any work of the flesh, including heresies, that can deny Him.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

So even when saved believers do not believe in Him any more and thus deny Him verbally, He still abides in them.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

So even though disqualified saved believers are left behind, He still abides in them and shall find the lost sheep.

Matthew 18:
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

So regardless of the few faithful found abiding in Him by His grace & by His help, He will gather the many of the disqualified lost sheep that have gone astray in these latter days after the pre trib rapture for He is the Good Shepherd as He will lose none of all the Father has given Him.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

There are 2 kinds of inheritance to be had by saved believers; the vessel unto honor which is the eternal glory we may have in Christ Jesus at the pre trib rapture by His grace & by His help as our Good Shepherd or......

....the vessels unto dishonor that did not look to Jesus Christ to help them lay aside every weight & sin in running that race, and thus found unrepentant in iniquity to become castaways at the pre trib rapture.

So may every saved believer and former believers heed this call to go before that throne of grace for help to discern & to depart from iniquity in getting ready by the Good Shepherd to be received by the Bridegroom.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So the loss of the rewards of crowns are not the only consequence for not trusting Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd to help you to follow Him ; becoming a castaway is, at the pre trib rapture event when God will judge His House.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting post .
Personally...and we can only ever speak for ourselves...I am quite convinced that everyone of us denies Him in some way or the other..unknowingly.
Maybe you are a believer in sinless perfection ..in and through our own works...?
I have to lean upon and trust in the finished work of Christ, because no matter how much I " try" in my own strength...I fail to live up to the high standard.
" Unless your righteous exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees.."
God sent Jesus ..knowing that by 4000 years OT ,man failed to live up to the law..( the need for the blood of bulls and goats)
I admit, I am sure I cannot live up to it!...therefore I lean heavily upon where Jesus said "Abide in Me." In the old days we used to call it "constantly abiding." With our rudder pointing to the magnetic north. ✟
At the end of Romans 7 and started Romans 8 ( which should have no break there)Paul is showing that he in himself cannot...."oh wretched man" ...yet he shares the victory of how it IS done...."I thank God through Jesus Christ..."
That is our hope and our very present truth.
But, that is where I 'live' and walk. Each walks in the light that they have.
BTW, I think that the ' loss' of a crown/reward..and ' being a castaway' is one and the same thing..ie castaway = missing the mark. ( of the prize of the high calling)

*It is nice to read that you too care about ' how we run' and care about the call to receive the eternal rewards offered..so many for some reason , think we will all be a happy blob of Christian in heaven, with nothing to lose if we don't 'press toward the prize', and fight the good fight....sorry to go off topic there.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not really expect us to "try" our best, but to "trust" Jesus Christ at His word that He shall be our Good Shepherd in helping us to run that race in laying aside every weight and sin. He will finish His work in us to His glory. The crowns we receive are really His crowning achievements in us which will be why saints will cast their crowns at His feet in Heaven for we shall be the work of His hands in giving all the glory to Him.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

So trust Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd today, and pray at that throne of grace to help you discern and to depart from iniquity to be ready to go.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
AMEN! I like that...good word...thanks, it's nice to find someone 'on the same page' as they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not mean they are not saved,
Of course it does. If the Lord denies knowing you, you're not getting into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

If the Lord does not know you, you are not saved.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why some group those who call themselves Christian as saved, and say they can loss salvation is crazy and deceptive. to deny His Presence which is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit which is to deny the God hence in His Presence therefore it will be the same for the denier because though he may have called himself Christian was actually never called by God. if you don't acknowledge and accept His Presence with you, don't expect Him to acknowledge and accept your presence with Him.

how can you receive a life you deny? its imposable therefore one was never saved in the first place anyway? you can't loss what you don't have.

also by the OPer's standards Peter shouldn't be in the Kingdom of Heaven either, Peter denied Christ three times. another eschew view of things using scripture to justify this individual's view of what the Christian God is, or ought to be.

Reactions: Helen

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Christ within knows no sin only the person which is a created persona that exist in time and needs salvation where birth and death exist, let the dead bury the dead the unborn life isn't born nor can it die which is that light that lights all being born in time with divine amnesia.