Anyone else on a spiritual journey?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

24grlwrld

May 13, 2024
Colchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Um...hey. I don't want to share much, but i wanted to know if anyone else is trying to improve their life through Jesus, or has already found their guardian angel. Because i feel quite alone.
This is gonna be so cliche..but i've survived a major overdose (and many other life major accidents), and before that, i was really reckless and doing things that weren't good for me or anyone around me. Because of this, i've lost a few friends and broken trust.
But...during the overdose...something amazing happened.
I was having terrible, demonic attacks (hallucinations) that were scaring me, and nightmares along with the side effects.
But then i saw a glowing light (and no, I'm not making this up) surround me when i was in my bed. I also felt someone, like, a comforting hug telling me that everything will be okay. This figure also appears in my dreams as a father figure, or a lover. He told me in a dream, that his name was Andy. So that's what i refer to him by.
Anyway, I've been trying to improve my life by talking to God more, and following the things He wants me to do. I'm starting to read the Bible more, and not focus on abusive relationships i once had, but focusing on myself, especially when my GSCE's are super close.
However, it feels very lonely because i would also like to speak to people with not just similar experiences, but who know and are on their own spiritual journey.
It's taking a long time to heal, especially with a lot of trauma, but I've got advice.
If you're someone who's having suicidal ideation, or is having a lot of difficult experiences, please know that YOU'RE NOT ALONE. And that even if people aren't always good, God IS GOOD. Please don't hurt yourself. Even if you can't think of the good things right now, think of what you won't be able to become when you're dead. Think of how your loved ones and your Angel will feel. And think of yourself, because the pain won't end unless you work out the problem one by one.

I don't want sympathy, or pity. I would, from now one, like positive interactions with people, and maybe people, like me, who are trying to improve their lives spiritually, or can give me advice about how to better communicate with Andy and Jesus Christ.
Thank you

24grlwrld

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It appears you were very depressed, on the edge of suicide. The Lord has been known to intervene in such cases, because he does not want anyone to suicide due to his great love. His interventions can be vastly different, and I'd say Andy was given special permission to communicate with you as part of this intervention.

You have all eternity to get to know Andy, I recommend focusing on building a relationship with Jesus in this lifetime.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Um...hey. I don't want to share much, but i wanted to know if anyone else is trying to improve their life through Jesus, or has already found their guardian angel. Because i feel quite alone.
We don't get to change our own lives any more than a leopard can change its spots. But the Good News is that if we let Jesus into our lives and turn our backs on our past sinful natures then He will do the changing through the Holy Spirit who will guide and teach us.

I notice that you are a recently joined member and I hope you will find what you are looking for here. But just to let you know that not everybody is a true born again Christian so please be aware of that as you receive replies to your posts.

Reactions: 24grlwrld and Nancy

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But then i saw a glowing light (and no, I'm not making this up) surround me when i was in my bed. I also felt someone, like, a comforting hug telling me that everything will be okay. This figure also appears in my dreams as a father figure, or a lover. He told me in a dream, that his name was Andy. So that's what i refer to him by.
Get rid of this. It's a demon.

Reactions: 24grlwrld

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or can give me advice about how to better communicate with Andy and Jesus Christ.
Please do not seek to communicate with this being Andy as that can open doors to wrong (evil) spirits.... only pray to the Lord and seek Him.

Hope you have a good church where the Bible is taught and the members show love and support.

24grlwrld

May 13, 2024
Colchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We don't get to change our own lives any more than a leopard can change its spots. But the Good News is that if we let Jesus into our lives and turn our backs on our past sinful natures then He will do the changing through the Holy Spirit who will guide and teach us.

I notice that you are a recently joined member and I hope you will find what you are looking for here. But just to let you know that not everybody is a true born again Christian so please be aware of that as you receive replies to your posts.
thank you!

Reactions: Pearl and Debp

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Unfortunately Jesus Christ had to die, because man was dead in sins/ unbelief, and the rising of Jesus Christ is the righteousness of God, because God has given the way to not be guided any more into the same death everybody was in together.

So nobody can guide, as all needed to be guided, and nobody can show a person how to believe in the rising of Jesus Christ from the dead, they would have to understand, that if we believe in Christ, we do not prefer darkness, but if we do not believe in Jesus, we have rejected light...

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello 24grlwrld,
We have a Saviour, it is Jesus, it is him you are to respond to.