Anyone have any pets?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Anyone have any pets?
I have 2 colby rednose pitbulls, both girls (sisters) one was abused as a baby for 3 months by a dope head in my old neighborhood but I rescued her.. They are one year old as of today. In my house we have 5 pits total; my dad (2), brother (1), me (2).
3 of them were in my apartment when the swat raided it and all ran loose, but God delivered them all home safely.. Praise the Lord!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love Pit bulls and boxers. Surprisingly, I have two, two year old cocker spaniels and really love them.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone here have a freshwater aquarium with live plants?

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
@aspan, dogs are dogs I know pits are unique and very loving and awesome..
@Aquiriumman; I love aquiriums but dont have one I use to have one with turtles shrimp catfish and minnows, maybe ill get a cool one in heaven!! thatd be awesome!
Mypits are being so sweet!!

Mo4Christ

Mar 2, 2011
I have 2 Bearded dragons, Crested Gecko, Lepord Gecko, Corn Snake, Blue Tunge Skink, and a Beta fish :D

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I have 5 cats --- 4 outdoor and our "old man" cat who now lives inside with us. He's 19 years old at least. We were up to 7 cats at one point in time, and over the years owned (including the ones I have now) 15 cats. Can you tell I live in the country? :lol:

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I have a sheltie named "Sodapop."

My daughter named him that, and it is strange because she has never read the book "The Outsiders" so I am not quite sure why that name held any draw for her.

While it is technically 'her' dog, he accompanies me everywhere, sitting in the front seat, his head out the window.

Car rides, long walks in the park, and when I visit my parents in their senior center, he comes along as an amateur pseudo-therapy dog.

The residents there absolutely love him and can't get enough of him.

I grew up with cats and when my wife and daughter wanted to get a dog I said, "Fine, I just don't want to have to deal with it. No feeding, no walks, no grooming, etc."

Obviously, that plan didn't pan out....and I am a better person for it.

He has become my best friend and one of the reasons I pray there are animals in heaven.

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
Yep. XD We love our cats. :3 We have too many, but we love every one of them. XD We take good care of them, though, and that's the important thing. ^__^

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've recently acquired a bear........

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is okay though......his spelling is worse than his bite
laugh.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Well, for an update, my ol' man cat kicked the bucket back on April 1 (of all days). Like I said, we figure he was 19-20 years old, pretty old for a cat. He ate like a horse, even the morning of his dying day, but he had problems keeping it down if he gorged. Thus, he was getting skinnier by the day. Probably he had cancer but we'll never know. As far as I'm concerned he died of natural causes and the vet said 2 years ago was surprised he was alive yet.

I'll miss him sitting by the grill every time I grilled outdoors. But he was no trouble. I knew he was going to die that evening when he just laid in his litter box. That's usually a sign that they are going.

The cat became sort of a mascot figure amongst my two sons and their friends. He was a cool cat just hanging around at parties. My one kid made a facebook page for him and the cat has 48 friends! He was well known even up at a university in Vermont. :D

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
aww, my mom past may of last year and now her house is being foreclosed with her cats still in there :( i need to find them owners theyre the two best cats!!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
aww, my mom past may of last year and now her house is being foreclosed with her cats still in there :( i need to find them owners theyre the two best cats!!

That's sad. Cats are territorial and when something happens such as the house is destroyed by fire, or the people move out, divorce or whatever, they end up lost---- not in the physical sense, but they wander close by wondering what happened.

The thought often crossed my mind that if we were to move out for any reason, the cats come with the house. I rather they enjoy life in the open the way God intended them to be rather than given away and being cooped up in someone else's house, although some of my cats acts like they rather be indoors!

While many cat owners state the dangers of keeping them outside from accidents (which are about 90% of cat owners), us remaining 10% believe that barring accidents they are healthier if they roam, but only in the country, not the city. I never had to put any of my outdoor cats (and over the years I had 15 of them) on medication like diabetes pills, thyroid pills and so forth like the "indoor" people do. I have a simple reason for that. That's because indoor cats get fed processed foods like we people eat making them fat and unhealthy--- a lot have grain fillers in that a cat can't digest as well. (And then you have lame-brains who denounce God and think that their cats should be vegetarians) The healthiest thing for a cat is a good mouse, bunny or bird. They may need temporary medication on occasion if they get worms, but generally they are very healthy.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tim_from_pa... As I live out in the country I have problems with rodents. I have actually had ground squirrels much away at my deck. When I was at my grannies about 5 years ago a stray kitten came to my grandmothers house and I took him as my own. I have taught him to 'do his business' outside and not to scratch things inside the house. My cat will spend the biggest part of his days outside. I will let him inside to eat and nap and have several cat toys inside the house. Since I have had my cat I have had no problems with rodents and I rarely see any ground squirrels. My cat is large and muscular.