Anyone in to Nerf?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Some of you may laugh and I know I can be a big kid at heart but......................

I have started quiet a nice collection of Nurf guns, I find them way more intriguing then the old style ones back in the 80's, I had no idea how powerful they can be, way more fun and more involved then the old ones, and I love the fact you can modify them, some people have done some pretty cool things with their nurfs. I have not long forked out a bit of dough for all mine so Im not to keen on pulling any apart yet, I have a tendency to break things I try to fix or make better.

Does anyone here have a collection, whats your favorite?

Heres one I brought recently, awesome fun
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:491]

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Oh yeah what a dummy I have no idea why I got that wrong, I must have been thinking like "Surf", I wonder if I can edit the title?
I'll ask Iforrest if he can help me out, hes the man.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
My older boys, 6 and 11 got more of these toys than I can count, and the projectiles are all over the house. Of course the water cannons are for outdoor use only, though my wife sometimes uses one of them to water high hanging indoor plants.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
oh man, Vale you just made my thread even more depressing. sessh

Somebody please save me from this fuddy duddy!!! :p

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Its too late, you cant fix this...

tumblr_myc95exEUz1qdlh1io1_400.gif

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Paintball her bro..............456 miles per hour...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
No shirt just shorts.......
I have many notches on mine which read......Bear, Coyote, Mountain Lion, Raccoon, Wife.....you name it I've shot it.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
My brothers, cousins, and I used to play hunter-hunted in the woods with BB guns. And no, we didn't wear safety gear. And we shot each other so hard it was impossible for the target to claim he wasn't hit. His yelp could be heard from miles away. Gosh, those were the days...

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
This Vale Of Tears said:
My brothers, cousins, and I used to play hunter-hunted in the woods with BB guns. And no, we didn't wear safety gear. And we shot each other so hard it was impossible for the target to claim he wasn't hit. His yelp could be heard from miles away. Gosh, those were the days...
The kids in Iraq would think we are both woooosies......they use AK-47's

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Oh man this thread has gone south real fast

On a Nerf subject I brought some hooks today, gonna start hanging them up.

because, thats why.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:525]​
Madads Nerf Arsenal
As of 30/08/2014

Nerf Elite Mega Centurion
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:517]
Blaster longest I own very large Blaster
A little cumbersome / takes 6 large dart clip
Semi powerful shot 15 meters
Accuracy is rubbish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Magnus
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:524]
Same series as the Centurion
Hand held blaster / takes 3 large darts
Powerful at mid range
Accurate at mid range
Feels awesome in hand, very chunky looks mean
All round good blaster
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NERF ZOMBIE STRIKE SLINGFIRE

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:521]
Has awesome sling prime action like terminator.
Nice feel and handling
Not very powerful / accuracy terrible
Fun to use
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NERF N-STRIKE ELITE STRYFE
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:523]
Fully motorized semi automatic.
Nice feel in hand
Power is ok at moderate rate of fire
Accuracy is also ok compared to others
one of the nicer blasters to use
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NERF N-STRIKE ELITE FIRESTRIKE

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:522]
Side arm
Built in laser pointer in shape of a target
feels good in hand
powerful shot mid rage
Better Accuracy then most
Great little blaster
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NERF N-STRIKE ELITE STRONGARM
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:520]
Own two of these
Side arm / holds 6 darts / Rotary action
Powerful mid range
Accurate at mid range when it wants to be
Not a bad blaster, all little bit clunky to operate but good fun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NERF N-STRIKE ELITE RAMPAGE
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:518]
Pump action
24 dart rotary chamber clip (for some reason, although all clips are interchangeable)
Powerful at mid range
Accurate at mid range

Good feel but didn't come with a stock which was disappointing for the price.
Pretty mediocre blaster but still good full over all.

================================================================================================================================

update 31/08

Last night when I supposed to be finishing my New Testament survey assignment.

I decided I would stop for a Nerf break, I thought I would just take a look at a little Nerf Modification video.

well

I got a little inspired didnt I and so before I knew it I was elbow deep in springs and tubes and clips and tiny screws. One thing lead to another and I achieved my very first Nerf Mod.
Ok sure I poked a hole in one of the tubes with a screw diver and had to cover it up with tape and sure there was a couple bits left over when I was done (probably wernt important anyway) but man what a difference it made. I got an extra maybe 3 meters out of the shot. nice

But lessons were learnt, hard lessons.

=================================================================================================================================

Update 01/09

My Christmas's came at once today!!

Went out to get some mod tools, so no more butcherey going on and I also came back with 2 new Nerfs.

Nerf N-Strike Elite RapidStrike CS-18
Rapidstrike_CS-18.jpg

I couldn't believe it on special down from $70.00, I brought her $29.95 !!! WHAT !!!
Mean blaster
Fully Automatic
18 Dart Clip
Adjustable stock
Power is a bit lacking, but not bad for stock motorized.
Accuracy is about average, sometimes less than.
A lot of fun, though you tend to get a little tired of reloading large clips every 5 seconds.
Definitely a lot of potential for mods
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NERF N-STRIKE ELITE RETALIATOR
Nerf+N-Strike+Elite+Retaliator+-+06.jpg

Nerf+N-Strike+Elite+Retaliator+-+05.jpg

This one sells at a much cheaper price than the Rapidstrike, but I tell you what you get certainly a lot more "bamf" for your buck.
The fact that all the parts are interchangeable is just the tip of the iceberg.
Power is excellent, high range for stock
Accuracy is great too, also high range.
I was looking forward to the retaliator and I was not disappointed.
My favorite blaster.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too bad most kids are inside playing on the computer! When I was growing up they would run you out of the house if is was pretty outside.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
rockytopva said:
Too bad most kids are inside playing on the computer! When I was growing up they would run you out of the house if is was pretty outside.
Yes absolutely, computers wernt as fun then, playing out side was still a better option. :)

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Today is 04/09/14
Yeah so anyway Nerf fans there hasnt been too much going on lately just practicing modifying the blasters, getting some peg board soon so can hang the bad boys up. You know a lot of guys like to spray em up or even steam punk em, but I kind of like the way they come, Im not too into them looking to much like actual guns. I hate guns with a passion.

Heres a Strongarm before and after its been Steam Punked
gallery_9760_66_837.jpg

Steampunk-Nerf-Gun5.jpg

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Today is 08/09/14

My Firestrike Mod

9322377.jpg
6392058.jpg

Ok so obviously I have repainted the Firestrike, which is no big deal its a bit rough being my first ever paint job but other than this with its AR removed and a PVC spacer added to the plunger (To fully compress spring when cocking) this Firestrike send darts an extra 4 to 5 meters. Although its probably not the most amazing mod it certainly was a lot of fun in the doing.