Anyone think what the word "spiritual" REALLY means?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does the word "Spiritual" mean?

• Being Religious?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Being a Christian?

• Believing a Church?

• Being possessed by a spirit?

• Having God's spirit?

• Something FROM God's spirit?

• Total voters

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In real life do you also just walk into someone’s living room...and just start talking about what ‘you’ want to talk about.
There are so many of ‘your type’ around...it’s not even funny....:rolleyes:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
In real life do you also just walk into someone’s living room...and just start talking about what ‘you’ want to talk about.
Yeah, I had similar thoughts. I debated as to whether or not I would reply at all.

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you always attack and judge newcomers?
And fear Thinking?
Tell me what is wrong, O Wise One, in encouraging all to give thought to what "spiritual" really means.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about that which comes from a spirit even it is not the Holy Spirit?
But the word, spiritual, is in my Bible [KJV] not less than 28 times. So the question which one might ask is: Which came first the chicken or the egg?

By the way! Welcome to the forum!
Give God the glory!

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about that which comes from a spirit even it is not the Holy Spirit?
But the word, spiritual, is in my Bible [KJV] not less than 28 times. So the question which one might ask is: Which came first the chicken or the egg?

By the way! Welcome to the forum!
Give God the glory!

AGAPE, Amadeus! Thanks for your kind spirit and answer!
However, how can the word apply to non-holy (Not From God) spirits?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGAPE, Amadeus! Thanks for your kind spirit and answer!
However, how can the word apply to non-holy (Not From God) spirits?
How can any man choose to follow any spirit other than the Holy Spirit? We know that he does. The first recorded occurrence was in the Garden of Eden several years back.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satanists exist , choosing to follow the Evil One, who is spirit...as, noted by you, Adam and Eve...

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many will fill out a form...the dating ones come to mind...
they will say, 'spiritual, not religious'... I'm thinking this is what the op's question is about.(?)
I believe that means that tho they do not go along with
organized religions/denominations ...
they are aware of 'spiritual things' and the foundations of religions...invisible things,
things of the heart, things that can't be explained, the Divine...maybe even a student
of the spiritual realms (not satanic things, geeze...holy things, miracles and such)...

Maybe even that they are open to other cultures and how they interpret spiritual matters...
so they may be saying they are non-judgmental, accepting of others' views regarding God.
If I saw that on a form I would think they could easily talk with a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Jew,
or Christian, for example...not being rigid about different doctrines;
they are saying they are ok with your belief system.

Forums

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many will fill out a form...the dating ones come to mind...
they will say, 'spiritual, not religious'... I'm thinking this is what the op's question is about.(?)
I believe that means that tho they do not go along with
organized religions/denominations ...
they are aware of 'spiritual things' and the foundations of religions...invisible things,
things of the heart, things that can't be explained, the Divine...maybe even a student
of the spiritual realms (not satanic things, geeze...holy things, miracles and such)...

Maybe even that they are open to other cultures and how they interpret spiritual matters...
so they may be saying they are non-judgmental, accepting of others' views regarding God.
If I saw that on a form I would think they could easily talk with a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Jew,
or Christian, for example...not being rigid about different doctrines;
they are saying they are ok with your belief system.
Forums
Alas, our friend, the writer of the OP is no longer here to respond to us. Whether it is by his own choice or the choice of those who have such power over others, we cannot know.

He did ask some interesting questions but often as I saw it he was dodging some questions put to him. But... hey, I have certainly been guilty of the same crime. He was also at times a bit too pushy and critical of others even though his own act was not flawless. In spite of what I may call short comings on his part, I enjoyed some our discussions. Alas again...