Are Adam and Eve.....in HEAVEN??????????????????????

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam and Eve are....

• Dead, long dissolved into the ground.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Are in Heaven!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what one church-worshiper just claimed on another Topic!

God said they would DIE and RETURN to the ground He formed them from!
Did He change His mind?

DaffyDogmas.jpg

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did He change His mind?
The answer to this question has not been fully known until just recently.

But neither answer in the above poll is correct.

Rather...Christ "brings" all with Him when He comes into His kingdom ("today"), both the living and the dead.

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"ALL"?
Hitler, too?
Clever leap of imagination- but "no cigar", Scott!
Jesus said a Day is coming when the dead will live again....and Revelation shows it happening after Armageddon....

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"ALL"?
Hitler, too?
Clever leap of imagination- but "no cigar", Scott!
Jesus said a Day is coming when the dead will live again....and Revelation shows it happening after Armageddon....
There have been thousands of years of misunderstanding, but I said it correctly. "All" shall be judged, yet "some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt."

But if you mean this:
John 5:25
Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live."

...Notice He said "now is", which is relative to my saying "today", just as Jesus also told the thief on the cross.

Armageddon spiritually is "in that day", meaning "vertex", or "gathering together."

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are thousands of years of misunderstanding, but I said it correctly. "All" shall be judged, yet "some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt."
\But if you mean this:
John 5:25
Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live."
...Notice the "now is", which is relative to my saying "today", just as Jesus also told the thief on the cross.
Armageddon spiritually is "in that day", meaning "vertex."

You mix up his words.
He spoke of those not knowing God as "dead", even though alive.

You KNOW that! Why the ploy?
He went ON to say~

John 5:28- Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice
29- and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.

The living are never resurrected.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20:12- And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13- And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mix up his words.
He spoke of those not knowing God as "dead", even though alive.

You KNOW that! Why the ploy?
He went ON to say~

John 5:28- Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice
29- and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.

The living are never resurrected.
You accuse me of what you yourself are doing: you quote the scriptures and then say it isn't so. That is called Psychological projection, a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Perhaps you would like to try again.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You accuse me of what you yourself are doing: you quote the scriptures and then say it isn't so. That is called Psychological projection, a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Perhaps you would like to try again.

Are you serious?
Jesus makes it PLAIN that he is talking about the Living before referring to those literally dead in the graves~

John 5:24- Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Need me to post the entire chapter and point out the context?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS- I know you believe Jesus and the thief never died...but the scriptures show they DID.
There are no commas in the biblical books- they are added by the translator- according to HIS beliefs.....

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious?
Jesus makes it PLAIN that he is talking about the Living before referring to those literally dead in the graves~

John 5:24- Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Need me to post the entire chapter and point out the context?
PS- I know you believe Jesus and the thief never died...but the scriptures show they DID.
There are no commas in the biblical books- they are added by the translator- according to HIS beliefs.....

You are not making any sense. Nor do I believe Jesus and the thief never died. Here is what I said:
The answer to this question has not been fully known until just recently.

But neither answer in the above poll is correct.

Rather...Christ "brings" all with Him when He comes into His kingdom ("today"), both the living and the dead.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not making any sense. Nor do I believe Jesus and the thief never died. Here is what I said:

Well, maybe I misunderstood you; let's SEE:
1- Was Jesus ALIVE those 3 days?
2- Did that thief join him in "paradise" that day?
3- Are there any burning in Hellfire right now?
4- Have Christians been resurrected to Heaven all along?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did He change His mind?
I would like to ask a question. did the spirit die or the body die, which one or both. I'll be waiting for that answer.

Reactions: Butterfly

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to ask a question. did the spirit die or the body die, which one or both. I'll be waiting for that answer.

Answer your own question after reading what the scriptures says~

"Spirit" is from the Hebrew and Greek words capturing the essence of an unseen force: "Wind, Breath"!

Isa 42:5- Thus saith God Jehovah, he that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; he that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein.-ASV

Ps 146:3- Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4- His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer your own question after reading what the scripture says~

"Spirit" is from the Hebrew and Greek words capturing the essence of an unseen force: "Wind, Breath"!

Isa 42:5- Thus saith God Jehovah, he that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; he that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein.-ASV
that's not what I asked, listen carefully."did the spirit die, yes or n. did the body die yes or no, or both. please answer.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's not what I asked, listen carefully."did the spirit die, yes or n. did the body die yes or no, or both. please answer.

Ahhh! So the scriptures don't matter.
So be it.
The soul (the person) dies, and the spirit (power of God that enlivens us) returns to God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
since it seems hard to grasps, let me make it simple for you.
Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die".
WHO IS THE "THOU" HERE.

Genesis 3:19 "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return".
WHO IS THE "THOU" HERE.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh! So the scriptures don't matter.
So be it.
The soul (the person) dies, and the spirit (power of God that enlivens us) returns to God.
so the soul returns to the dust?, listen,
Genesis 3:19 "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return".
WHO IS THE "THOU" HERE.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for clarity, thou: archaic or dialect form of you, as the singular subject of a verb.
YOU: used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, maybe I misunderstood you; let's SEE:
1- Was Jesus ALIVE those 3 days?
2- Did that thief join him in "paradise" that day?
3- Are there any burning in Hellfire right now?
4- Have Christians been resurrected to Heaven all along?
  1. No.
  2. Yes.
  3. No.
  4. No.
Those are the true answers from one who is alive.

However, there is no timeline except in the world, and only because it is recorded (written) on a timeline.

Therefore, if two who died yesterday asked questions 3 and 4, the answer would be, Yes. But if two who are alive ask the same questions, the answer is No, for they have not yet died. And if two ask the same questions at that very moment of the Lords coming, then the answer is Today...wherein they will [all] meet, for they all transition from time (each in his own order) to eternity (which is without time, nor the order of time).

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. No.
  2. Yes.
  3. No.
  4. No.
Those are the true answers from one who is alive.

However, there is no timeline except in the world, and only because it is recorded (written) on a timeline.

Therefore, if two who died yesterday asked questions 3 and 4, the answer would be, Yes. But if two who are alive ask the same questions, the answer is No, for they have not yet died. And if two ask the same questions at that very moment of the Lords coming, then the answer is Today...wherein they will [all] meet, for they all transition from time (each in his own order) to eternity (which is without time, nor the order of time).

So close, and yet so far awayyyyyyy.
For the thief to join Jesus in Paradise that day, neither died; they just switched forms.
So, you really DO deny what Jesus and scripture say....