Is Any Denomination Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance does not bring remission of sins to anyone.
Only water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ brings remission of sins.
Repentance is mandatory prior to water baptism for the remission of sins.
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I have not. I have known Catholics as well as myself when I was Catholic that many did not want to identify with evangelicals so we would not say the evangelical buzz phrase "that we are saved" in casual conservation. I still don't say it that way I say I am a convert to Christianity

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: historyb

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do thank you for sharing your views. It does point out how that guy that did the research must have come across some Mormons that were not following instructions on the use of tongues for him to say that, just as Joseph Smith had come across. Obviously he did not researched all Mormons.

However, I will share that I do not represent a church or a denomination as I rely on Him to help me represent Him, the Lord Jesus Christ. That is what being His disciple means, testifying of Him in seeking His glory.

I was a member of a Presbyterian Church but no longer. Apostasy had crept in and nobody seems to be fazed when scripture reproves it. One such apostasy was Promise Keepers program which was a movement of men that swept the nation in 1994. My former church was the center for that movement in the valley. They cannot see the reproofs of scripture from Matthew 5:33-37 & Numbers 30:2 & Ecclesiastes 5:4-7 & Galatians 3:1-4 & Galatians 5:1,5 for why we cannot make ourselves good husbands and good fathers by keeping a promise. If we could make ourselves good by the deeds of the law, then Christ has died in vain ( Galatians 2:20-21 ).

Bad enough that the Graham's Crusade's altar call says that if you are not sure you are saved, make a commitment to follow Christ as if that is not good enough; then they got more specific in how to follow Him by keeping the 7 promises of the Promise Keepers program. And still that is not good enough.

Then they tell a lie that God will give grace for Promise Keepers to keep on trying as they find themselves breaking promises they could not keep. God does not give grace to commit sin. They should have recognized that they cannot keep it by the religious flesh for why they should rest in Him and His promises to us to help us to follow Him.

Then there is that promise that elders and deacons make when taking office in that church. Nowhere in the Bible did it asks any one to do that when taking that office.

Some believers defend it by saying God will help them to keep their commitments and promises. Scripture says He will not because their commitments and their promises means they have to keep it ( Numbers 30:2 & Ecclesiastes 5:4-7 ) and that is why Jesus told us not to do it ( Matthew 5:36 ) for we cannot do it, but Christ can when we live by faith in Him to finish His work in us ( Philippians 1:6-11 & Galatians 5:1,5 )

Their conscience was defiled for they do not see anything wrong with it for why I had to leave ( Titus 1:15-16 ).

So I reckon you too will have to decide if being a disciple of Jesus Christ is the same thing as being a Mormon, because I have seen reports on the internet that Promise Keepers had come into the Mormon and Catholic Churches too.

That is why we are to prove all things by Him by the scriptures kept in the KJV. No church is exempt and thus no believer is exempt. We all have to decide this day Whom we will serve; the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name. I chose Him but I found I had to trust Him to help me to do it and I am glad I did in 1994 when confronted with the "holy laughter" movement as well as the Promise Keepers movement. Indeed, both apostate movements joined together at one time in a Promise Keepers convention in St. Louis, Missouri, but I forgot what year that had happened, but mostly, they were and are separate apostate events, even though it is supported by James Ryle (Boulder Valley Vineyard; Board of Directors of Promise Keepers) from the list per this link;

Unholy Laughter

I do not see any Mormon supporting that "holy laughter" movement but I reckon you can verify that it never came to your denomination, but the list of supporters in big name ministry does show how bad it is in the latter days.

So do pray about it today to the Lord Jesus Christ for help in serving only Him in these latter days where faith is hard to find.

This was actually a thoughtful post. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

Reactions: Enow

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
That was written to saints to confirm their faith.
You did not know that?
Do you skip Acts and take sinners directly to the epistles?

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Acts 2:38 is the sole plan of salvation for the NT Church.

Folks have skipped Acts and began reading the saints letters to find a plan B out of context.

Crazy, huh?

What is so hard with obeying Acts 2:38?

Folks dislike water like Moe, Larry and Curly?

Nice to meet you...the name is Sean.

Very nice to meet you too Sean, One of my favorite names. I gave it to my youngest son:).

I look forward to visiting with you again.
God bless you my brother.

My name is OLIGOS

Reactions: Truther

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was written to saints to confirm their faith.
You did not know that?
Do you skip Acts and take sinners directly to the epistles?
So? It tells us what is needed for salvation.
And noted Greek scholars have maintained that the Greek preposition eis in Acts 2:38 should be translated “because of” or “in view of,” and not “in order to,” or “for the purpose of.”
They were baptized because of thier repentance. Not in order to obtain salvation.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And noted Greek scholars have maintained that the Greek preposition eis in Acts 2:38 should be translated “because of” or “in view of,” and not “in order to,” or “for the purpose of.”
They were baptized because of thier repentance. Not in order to obtain salvation.[/QUOTE

I have studied Greek and Hebrew too for many, many years.
They were baptized because they believed and wanted to repent as they were lead to, especially in acts 2 which caused them to be baptized and receive forgiveness of sins and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

You need to study Greek for yourself as I have and quit repeating things you hear that you don't understand and can't validate what others say. People can say anything, as many do, but Gods word in the original language is a fascinating, beautiful revelation to the truth when you personally pray and study for ONLY THE TRUTH, as in Acts 2: 36-37, When Peter preached to over a million Jews on the day of Pentacost, and said to them, JUST days after Christ's crucifiction, 36 "Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for certain, that God has made our Savior, both Lord and Christ - this JESUS whom you crucified".

37 Now when they heard this, they were struck (Greek - katanusso meaning Pierced through or deeply moved) in their hearts and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethern, what shall we do?"
38 And Peter said to them, "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy spirit.
This is the one and only conversion to Christ.
God is a VERY NARROW MINDED GOD, and tells us "One lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father for all". Man tries to make our faith a "BROAD PATH", Matthew 5:14, but God says faith is a very Narrow difficult path (Greek - stenochoria ot thlipsis , so narrow and tight it's crushing and nearly impossible to pass through without extreme effort and pain) while agonizing (Greek - agonizomai ) in pain.

You can't argue verses against each other, because the word of God is complete and true. You can't add to or take away from Gods word without being condemned to eternal destruction for calling God a LIAR and tearing His word "asunder", and so whatever you read has to be in harmony with everything else you read in scripture. NO CONTRADICTIONS!!!
God is not a God of confusion.

God bless you Truther as you continue your studies.
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought they had to change to blood and flesh according to original Catholic doctrine.
I believe the expressions "Body of Christ" and "Blood of Christ" can be found in the Catechism.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have studied Greek and Hebrew too for many, many years.
They were baptized because they believed and wanted to repent as they were lead to, especially in acts 2 which caused them to be baptized and receive forgiveness of sins and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

You need to study Greek for yourself as I have and quit repeating things you hear that you don't understand and can't validate what others say. People can say anything, as many do, but Gods word in the original language is a fascinating, beautiful revelation to the truth when you personally pray and study for ONLY THE TRUTH, as in Acts 2: 36-37, When Peter preached to over a million Jews on the day of Pentacost, and said to them, JUST days after Christ's crucifiction, 36 "Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for certain, that God has made our Savior, both Lord and Christ - this JESUS whom you crucified".

37 Now when they heard this, they were struck (Greek - katanusso meaning Pierced through or deeply moved) in their hearts and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethern, what shall we do?"
38 And Peter said to them, "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy spirit.
This is the one and only conversion to Christ.
God is a VERY NARROW MINDED GOD, and tells us "One lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father for all". Man tries to make our faith a "BROAD PATH", Matthew 5:14, but God says faith is a very Narrow difficult path (Greek - stenochoria ot thlipsis , so narrow and tight it's crushing and nearly impossible to pass through without extreme effort and pain) while agonizing (Greek - agonizomai ) in pain.

You can't argue verses against each other, because the word of God is complete and true. You can't add to or take away from Gods word without being condemned to eternal destruction for calling God a LIAR and tearing His word "asunder", and so whatever you read has to be in harmony with everything else you read in scripture. NO CONTRADICTIONS!!!
God is not a God of confusion.

God bless you Truther as you continue your studies.
My name is OLIGOS
You are going off topic. The question is whether the sacraments are necessary for salvation. The answer is still no. Jesus is the narrow way. I totally agree it's narrow, it's not what people nearly always try to make it, grace plus works, grace plus good deeds or grace plus ritual. It's by grace through faith, nothing added. It's only through the narrow door, Jesus himself.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literal blood and flesh?
Spiritually, yes. To the eyes of the undiscerning, no. If properly consecrated, one can eat and drink damnation to himself by partaking unworthily.

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

It may be a good thing if it's not properly consecrated in some churches if people are partaking unworthily. It may be a good thing to have it be an empty ritual in some churches.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were baptized because of thier repentance. Not in order to obtain salvation.
It should say repent and be baptized because your sins were already remitted and already received the Holy Ghost?

Why should they have to repent then?

Dont you wish you were one of the translators of 1611 so you could have corrected that mistake?

Then Peter said unto them, repent for your sins are already remitted....

Lol

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Literal blood and flesh?
Hello Renniks,

Does Jesus have literal flesh and blood? Glorified, incorruptible.... Yes!

This is how our Holy Husband unites Himself with His bride...

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church

You too are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Giuliano

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance does not bring remission of sins to anyone.
Only water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ brings remission of sins.
Repentance is mandatory prior to water baptism for the remission of sins.

There are several places in Acts that water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ was commanded.
It was not “thrown in”.

Then explain what had happened to the Gentile believers in Acts 10th chapter when they had received the Holy Spirit before water baptism.

So I'd say that the water baptism in Acts 2 after "repent" is NOT how the remission of sins occurs, but by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him is how the remission of sins occurs since there is only one gospel to the Jews and to the Greek.

And Paul did not stress that emphasis in his ministry because by those believing the preaching the cross is the power in God in salvation for how anyone gets saved. 1 Corinthians 1:16-18,21

And Peter told us NOT by the putting away of the filth of the flesh ( hence not by water ) but by the answer of a good conscience towards God which is to believe in Him. It is the baptism with the Holy Spirit sent by the Father at the calling of the gospel that has saved us.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

So it is a common oversight in the reading of Acts 2:38 for why so many believers & churches put the emphasis on water baptism as necessary for salvation when it is not as rebutted by 3 scriptural references in the N.T.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should say repent and be baptized because your sins were already remitted and already received the Holy Ghost?

Why should they have to repent then?

Dont you wish you were one of the translators of 1611 so you could have corrected that mistake?

Then Peter said unto them, repent for your sins are already remitted....

Lol

Explain what had happened in Acts 10 when the Gentiles had received the promise of the Holy Spirit before water baptism?

Then reread Acts 2:38-39 for how that promise came to the Gentile believers which had to be by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him was how the Jews actually had received the remission of sns and the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend, in all respect to your post and opinion here, God didn't just throw in baptism as an afterthought, and no one is saved before baptism. Believing is what brings us to repentance and baptism, and forgiveness of past sin.
Baptism was not an ordinance or as others say a simple declaration of our faith.

Baptism is where we are buried in Christ's death and raised to newness of life, and begin a walk as a new creation. The receiving of the Holy Spirit after baptism is our down payment, or pledge, or deposit or promise, or earnest agreement on our "conditional salvation" that we must continue to work on and endure as Paul taught us, and to run the race, and buffett our bodies as a boxer does to win his prize, or the runner trains to win the prize.

Scripture says "If you have not the Spirit of Christ you are none of His.
How do you get the Spirit of Christ??
Romans6:3 says, "Do you not know that all of us who was BAPTISED INTO CHRIST JESUS, have been baptized into His death.
Then, Romans 8:1 says, '
"Therefore, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
How did you get into Christ Jesus??
You were baptized.

Remember, "If you have not the spirit of Christ, your none of His."
Think about it some. I had to change my beliefs over the years to as I aged to be 76 years now
There are a lot of ways to think mans way, but only one way to think Gods way.

God bless you my brother and your friends here too and all who read my post.
My name is OLIGOS

Then explain what had happened to the Gentile believers in Acts 10th chapter when they had received the Holy Spirit before water baptism.

So I'd say that the water baptism in Acts 2 after "repent" is NOT how the remission of sins occurs, but by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him is how the remission of sins occurs since there is only one gospel to the Jews and to the Greek.

And Paul did not stress that emphasis in his ministry because by those believing the preaching the cross is the power in God in salvation for how anyone gets saved. 1 Corinthians 1:16-18,21

And Peter told us NOT by the putting away of the filth of the flesh ( hence not by water ) but by the answer of a good conscience towards God which is to believe in Him. It is the baptism with the Holy Spirit sent by the Father at the calling of the gospel that has saved us.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

So it is a common oversight in the reading of Acts 2:38 for why so many believers & churches put the emphasis on water baptism as necessary for salvation when it is not as rebutted by 3 scriptural references in the N.T.