Is Any Denomination Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually, yes. To the eyes of the undiscerning, no. If properly consecrated, one can eat and drink damnation to himself by partaking unworthily.

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

It may be a good thing if it's not properly consecrated in some churches if people are partaking unworthily. It may be a good thing to have it be an empty ritual in some churches.

It's not an empty ritual in protestant churches even though we don't believe it's literal blood and flesh.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Renniks,

Does Jesus have literal flesh and blood? Glorified, incorruptible.... Yes!

This is how our Holy Husband unites Himself with His bride...

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church

You too are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
I already do. But it's not literal blood and flesh. We are not cannibals.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain what had happened in Acts 10 when the Gentiles had received the promise of the Holy Spirit before water baptism?

Then reread Acts 2:38-39 for how that promise came to the Gentile believers which had to be by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him was how the Jews actually had received the remission of sns and the gift of the Holy Ghost.
The Holy Ghost led them to remission of sins per water baptism.

Right?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then explain what had happened to the Gentile believers in Acts 10th chapter when they had received the Holy Spirit before water baptism.

So I'd say that the water baptism in Acts 2 after "repent" is NOT how the remission of sins occurs, but by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him is how the remission of sins occurs since there is only one gospel to the Jews and to the Greek.

And Paul did not stress that emphasis in his ministry because by those believing the preaching the cross is the power in God in salvation for how anyone gets saved. 1 Corinthians 1:16-18,21

And Peter told us NOT by the putting away of the filth of the flesh ( hence not by water ) but by the answer of a good conscience towards God which is to believe in Him. It is the baptism with the Holy Spirit sent by the Father at the calling of the gospel that has saved us.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

So it is a common oversight in the reading of Acts 2:38 for why so many believers & churches put the emphasis on water baptism as necessary for salvation when it is not as rebutted by 3 scriptural references in the N.T.

You think Peter really meant this?....

The Peter said, repent for the remission of sins, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ....?

That is backward Bible reading.

Kinda creepy.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Renniks,

Does Jesus have literal flesh and blood? Glorified, incorruptible.... Yes!

This is how our Holy Husband unites Himself with His bride...

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church

You too are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
Per 1 Cor 15, Jesus was made a quickening spirit.

He is spirit now. he can appear in any form he wishes though.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost led them to remission of sins per water baptism.

Right?

Since the promise for the remission of sins comes with receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost... and yet they had received Him before water baptism, then that call to repent in Acts 2:38 is to repent from unbelief which the Gentiles had done by believing in Him in Acts 10;

Water baptism had nothing to do with salvation when they had received the gift of the Spirit at their salvation before water baptism.

Reactions: Renniks

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think Peter really meant this?....

The Peter said, repent for the remission of sins, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ....?

That is backward Bible reading.

Kinda creepy.

Explain why the Gentiles had received the gift of the Holy Spirit which means at that moment, they got saved, before water baptism.

God's hand is not short that He cannot save anyone when they call on Him when there is no water around for that water baptism to be done.

Pity a sinner dying in the desert then if you believe otherwise. I will not because I know when he calls on Jesus to save him, He will.

Reactions: Renniks

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He is risen. He is in a celestial body changed from the corruptible deceased body and has ascended into the Heaven to prepare a place for us.

He would have no desire to appear in any other form now. What would be the point of that? Visions is one thing, but actually coming back in His glorified resurrected state? Only as the Bridegroom to receive the abiding bride of Christ and then as the King of kings when He comes back to establish His millennium reign on earth after doing battle with the world's armies marching on Jerusalem and Satan gets put in a pit for 1,000 years

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is risen. He is in a celestial body changed from the corruptible deceased body and has ascended into the Heaven to prepare a place for us.

He would have no desire to appear in any other form now. What would be the point of that? Visions is one thing, but actually coming back in His glorified resurrected state? Only as the Bridegroom to receive the abiding bride of Christ and then as the King of kings when He comes back to establish His millennium reign on earth after doing battle with the world's armies marching on Jerusalem and Satan gets put in a pit for 1,000 years
Actually, he appears or will appear in many forms.
He is omnipresent and can do that.
He was made an omnipresent quickening spirit after resurrecting from the dead.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain why the Gentiles had received the gift of the Holy Spirit which means at that moment, they got saved, before water baptism.

God's hand is not short that He cannot save anyone when they call on Him when there is no water around for that water baptism to be done.

Pity a sinner dying in the desert then if you believe otherwise. I will not because I know when he calls on Jesus to save him, He will.
They were not saved by the Spirit only.

They were given the Holy Ghost to lead them to remission of sins per water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

Some need that to see the need to be baptized for the remission of sins.

Some find remission of sins by being baptized first.

Either way, all were led to water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

Reactions: Philip James

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the promise for the remission of sins comes with receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost... and yet they had received Him before water baptism, then that call to repent in Acts 2:38 is to repent from unbelief which the Gentiles had done by believing in Him in Acts 10;

Water baptism had nothing to do with salvation when they had received the gift of the Spirit at their salvation before water baptism.
I see.

You think it says this....

Then Peter said repent, and receive the Holy Ghost for the remission of sins and ye shall be baptized?

That is Bible backmasking.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, he appears or will appear in many forms.
He is omnipresent and can do that.
He was made an omnipresent quickening spirit after resurrecting from the dead.

You do know that Jesus had existed as the Son of God before His incarnation as the prophesied Son of Man?

He appeared unto Abraham that day in Genesis 18th chapter when he gave the Lord something to eat and drink. Abraham was glad about that day because He announced that day Sarah would have a child.

So Jesus had a celestial form before he took upon the form of a servant to give His life as a ransom for many.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see.

You think it says this....

Then Peter said repent, and receive the Holy Ghost for the remission of sins and ye shall be baptized?

That is Bible backmasking.

It is all about cause and effect. How did the Gentile believers received the gift of the Holy Spirit BEFORE water baptism?

As it is, you are now arguing with God for giving them the gift of the Holy Ghost before water baptism.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is all about cause and effect. How did the Gentile believers received the gift of the Holy Spirit BEFORE water baptism?

As it is, you are now arguing with God for giving them the gift of the Holy Ghost before water baptism.
Actually, as a hippie in 1979, God filled me with the Holy Ghost to lead me to remission of sins per water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ nearly a year later. I was cutting up during those months, but the Holy Ghost was leading me in the direction of repentance and water baptism.
many more folks like myself are being led similarly.

God did not remit my sins on my girlfriends couch that day, but began a separation process from her and the worldly lifestyle I was living.

I was finally cornered into getting rid of the sin problem several months later by being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of my sins.

Whatever it takes to get baptized.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, as a hippie in 1979, God filled me with the Holy Ghost to lead me to remission of sins per water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ nearly a year later. I was cutting up during those months, but the Holy Ghost was leading me in the direction of repentance and water baptism.
many more folks like myself are being led similarly.

God did not remit my sins on my girlfriends couch that day, but began a separation process from her and the worldly lifestyle I was living.

I was finally cornered into getting rid of the sin problem several months later by being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of my sins.

Whatever it takes to get baptized.

Since your salvation, I am sure the Lord Jesus Christ has led you thru Holy Ghost in you to a life of repentance other than just water baptism as the first step in living that life of repentance, but water baptism was not the first step toward salvation in receiving the Holy Ghost at your salvation.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since your salvation, I am sure the Lord Jesus Christ has led you thru Holy Ghost in you to a life of repentance other than just water baptism as the first step in living that life of repentance, but water baptism was not the first step toward salvation in receiving the Holy Ghost at your salvation.
At least notice this...

Every instance in Acts of folks receiving the Holy Ghost, baptism immediately ensued. Some were baptized prior to Spirit infilling.

Modern Christianity is not alarmed by this, nor are they worried about what Jesus said in Mark 16:16.

1st century Christianity has become a point of contention to the modernists.

Must I show you the many scriptures resulting in the simultaneous connection between water baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost(and believing)?

Reactions: Philip James

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least notice this...

Every instance in Acts of folks receiving the Holy Ghost, baptism immediately ensued. Some were baptized prior to Spirit infilling.

Which means they were not saved yet until they were born again of the Spirit. If you are referring to Acts 8, discernment is needed there for why Luke had written the background about the people and Simon for why God was still working on them in leading them to believe in Jesus Christ rather than just believe in the "things" Philip preached about and following hi around because they were wowed by all the miracles supposedly coming by him rather than by God. The fact that Simon still thought it was coming from ne when he offered to buy the power of giving the Holy Ghost from Peter & John. The people had regarded Simon with infamy and fanfare so when Philip was undoing his work that he afflicted those people with unclean spirits, the fanfare went to Philip and the spotlight was on Philip when they got water baptized. They believed the things he had preached about, but not personally yet to believe in Him to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost at their salvation. ( Romans 8:9 )

If you read on, I see Philip had learned from his oversight and asked the Ethiopian eunuch if he believed in Jesus Christ before he water baptized him.

Modern Christianity is not alarmed by this, nor are they worried about what Jesus said in Mark 16:16.

1st century Christianity has become a point of contention to the modernists.

Must I show you the many scriptures resulting in the simultaneous connection between water baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost(and believing)?

I see baptism with the Holy Ghost as the result for believing in Him and the only reason a person is not saved is for not believing in Him in Mark 16:16. It is an assumption to read that as meaning water baptism. FYI

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Indeed, but not a disembodied spirit. The whole point of 1 cor 15 ia affirming that Jesus rose bodily from the dead.
His body was transformed, glorified, made incorruptible, as ours will be !
He can be seen, touched, handled as He demonstrated to Thomas..
It is not a natural corruptible body subject to pain and death, but a glorified incorruptible spiritual body.
Truly, literally, really flesh that died for us and rose again..

Indeed, even the form of bread and wine...

Peace be with you.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I already do. But it's not literal blood and flesh. We are not cannibals.

What do you think 'literal' means?
To me it means real or true. As oposed to figurative or imaginative.

If you read my comments on 1cor15 above perhaps you will understand what I mean when I say it is literally His flesh and blood,
Not corruptible, natural flesh and blood, but His risen, glorified , incorruptible, spiritial flesh and blood..
It is literally Him. Really and truly...

And no we are not talking about cannibalism, but the union of the Groom with His bride... The two made one flesh..

Peace be with you!