Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY neighbor says yes they are, however he as a Jehovah does not believe that Jesus is the son of God. Now I do not care what he believes, however I fail to see how a Christian would not accept and acknowledge the risen Christ.

Not trying to flame any JW's but Catholics, Baptist, Protestants and every other Christian denomination that I know all see Christ as the son of God

So. Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?

Reactions: dev553344

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
MY neighbor says yes they are, however he as a Jehovah does not believe that Jesus is the son of God. Now I do not care what he believes, however I fail to see how a Christian would not accept and acknowledge the risen Christ.

Not trying to flame any JW's but Catholics, Baptist, Protestants and every other Christian denomination that I know all see Christ as the son of God

i am pretty sure JWs accept Jesus as son of the Most High, they do not accept Jesus as being the Most High. there is a difference.

IMO christology should have nothing to do determining someone to be a christian, everyone has different opinions on the nature of Jesus and the nature of the Father.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
IMO christology should have nothing to do determining someone to be a christian
Actually it is central to Gospel truth. If Jesus is not God, then the Gospel means absolutely nothing. Only God as Man could die for the sins of the whole world, and be raised again on the third day. Only God could be called both Lord and Christ.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?
I would propose that the ORGANIZATION is a CULT. They seek to control their members and destroy their families, especially if the WIFE stays with this CULT and the husband is "excommunicated" -- apparently so that the "leadership" can have their "influence" with the man's wife.

This is not to say that a person can't search and find GOD independent of this CULT'S "teachings" while attending, -- but they won't find GOD through this CULT'S "teachings". And of course, the MORE these individuals allow themselves to be brainwashed, the LESS they're going to accept the TRUTH of Scripture or anyone's witness.

And many years ago my wife and I did have an occasion to witness to a "new JW convert" going door to door "unsupervised" (they always go in groups of two or three to intimidate each "peer" from being persuaded to the TRUTH), and after we shared Jesus, he apparently did get SAVED! And so what is impossible with man, is possible with GOD! :)

With Very Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Alvertsky

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wrong. JWs do believe that Jesus is the Son of God. But they are not Trinitarians, and believe only the Father is God. But they do accept Jesus as their Savior, so, yes, JW's may not say they are Christians, but they are.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I know of their beliefs, no, they are not Christians, as they deny the Godhood of Jesus Christ.

I don't believe that knowing He is God is a requirement. I was definitely filled with the Spirit years before I found out through Scripture that Jesus was actually GOD.

Reactions: amadeus

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it is central to Gospel truth. If Jesus is not God, then the Gospel means absolutely nothing. Only God as Man could die for the sins of the whole world, and be raised again on the third day. Only God could be called both Lord and Christ.

You know this because you have studied. But not everyone that is accepted by God is a scholar as yourself.

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. JWs do believe that Jesus is the Son of God. But they are not Trinitarians, and believe only the Father is God. But they do accept Jesus as their Savior, so, yes, JW's may not say they are Christians, but they are.

They deny the true nature of Christ, and therefore are not true Christians.

But from a secular point of view, since they "believe in Jesus" (albeit an incorrect version of Him), they can fall under that category.

Reactions: Alvertsky

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But from a secular point of view, since they "believe in Jesus" (albeit an incorrect version of Him), they can fall under that category.

I will leave it up to God. But remember, God is so huge and unfathomable, that no man can understand everything about Him. Do you think He requires you to be a scholar? I don't. All I know is I didn't know Jesus was God for years AFTER I received the infilling of the Holy Spirit. So be careful who you believe God won't accept.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

I dont think so. Jesus said blessed are the poor. This teaching will remain true if it is taught by the Father, the Son or one of the 12.

there is no passage where Jesus calls together the 12, teaches them His “true” nature, and then goes on to teach that the understanding of the true nature is the be all end all of the Christian faith.

The truth is the whole christology thing did not begin until long after Jesus, after the imperial rome (the ones that killed Jesus) take over. First they start calling councils, then they start excommunicating, then they start calling crusades against other Christians. How many were burned alive because they did not accept romes version of Jesus.

The whole christology thing has done nothing but cause splintering, dissension, death and destruction. That does not look like good fruit to me, what did Jesus teach us about teachers with bad fruit.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

the crowds that followed Jesus believed Him to be a prophet, the bible calls these people believers.

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not. What about Mormons and Christian Scientists? You guessed it, no again.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually you are quite wrong.
Do Jehovah Witnesses believe in Jesus?
Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jesus is not God but a created angel Michael. They believe that while Jesus is referred to as “a god” He isn’t the God or almighty God. Jesus is the son of God and not the Father. Jesus is not to be worshipped by Christians.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not only are they not Christians but since they pray that Jehovah will kill all Christians and others that are not JW's they are actually satan worshippers who follow the teachings of a lawyer

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They worship a God that has a similar name tag as mine but really is no where near the same...

If Jesus is not God to you then you are not a Christian.
That's it pure and simple.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not accept that Jesus is God you can be a lot of things, however Christian will never be one of them

Isn't it good that it is not up to you? They accept Him as the Son of God and their Savior. And so do Mormons. That is all they need to know. However, JW's are only using the Bible, not other sources that bring bizarre confusion.

Last edited: