Are strikes unethical, immoral and evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Britain is currently in the grip of strikes timed to cause maximum disruption in the run up to Christmas.
Should we have any sympathy for them holding the country to blackmail?

strikes dec 2022.jpg

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 12
13 And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.

14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?

I don't think this really has anything to do with Jesus either way. Jesus is not of this world. All His money he gave to the poor. How much money do you give to the poor? Worry about that more than politics. Politics is full of strife and evil, what Jesus advocated was to be easy of heart and caring for others.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually it is the government that has caused the problem by failing to address the concerns of working class people. The elites have their own agenda and they despise the ordinary citizen and blue collar workers. So we should in fact sympathize with the workers and fire everyone in government. The solution would be to absolutely fire the whole government for failing to do its job while sending money and support to Ukraine and talking about a bogus climate change agenda.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let me put it another way- if any Christianity Board member belonged to one of the striking Unions, would you feel comfortable going on strike?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 THESSALONIANS 3:10
KJ21
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you: that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
ASV
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, If any will not work, neither let him eat.
AMP
For even while we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either.

Matthew 22:39
The second most important commandment is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’

The main difference is able bodied.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let me put it another way- if any Christianity Board member belonged to one of the striking Unions, would you feel comfortable going on strike?
Not sure, if I am honest.
I think I would feel pulled between my responsibility to act and letting the public down. On the other hand, what else can they do ?
I am not sure I agree with it happening just before Christmas, that could very well lose them the public support.
Would you strike if you were in a union @Dropship ?

Reactions: Nancy

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Are strikes unethical, immoral and evil?

Some are, some aren't. For example, I have a lot of sympathy for the nurses, who have been overworked and underpaid for many years, now. But I have none at all for the train drivers, who are paid a good wage, yet seem unwilling to share in the collective belt tightening necessary due to covid and Putin. They just seem to be screwing the country for whatever they can get.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Britain is currently in the grip of strikes timed to cause maximum disruption in the run up to Christmas.

View attachment 27810
As followers of Jesus we should not strike an employer. We are told to serve both the good and froward master (employer) and Jesus told a soldier to be content with his wages.

Reactions: Dropship

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL Worker Unions should be abolished! There was a time 100+ years ago when they were needed, when poor working conditons, unfair wages anf practically slave labor existed.

Government unions are particularly corrupt and are raping the public. It is common to see a bunch of them standing around watching one guy work, milking their hours, stretching out a job that could be done in half the time. And their are those that just before retirement work crazy overtime hours to boost their long term pensions.
I think countries like Greece went bankrupt because of this liberal entitlement system, with people retiring at 55. They work 30 years and get a 30 year pension - that is riduculous and cannot be sustained. Judgment Day is soon coming anyways.

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been against Unions all my life. God instilled in me a good work ethic. Do you want a raise? Pray about it, then ask for a raise, if you get turned down, quit. There are the same jobs you do at a higher wage out there, but you have to be ready to move. Sometimes the benefits out way the pay, choose wisely. God chose me a job that didn't pay great, but the benefits were great.

Reactions: Dropship

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in a million years, because money means nothing to me and never will..:)
Being a voice for equality has nothing to do with money.

Not without dogmatic irony, Greece went bankrupt by misrepresenting it’s debt.

Reactions: The Learner

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do Unions today enforce buy american in the US?
Not anymore. They used to. They never stood up to NAFTA, as companies left the USA. Baked goods went to Mexico and Kraft foods left too. Oreo's used to be named America's cookie. Now they're made in Mexico and took "America's cookie" off the package. Everything else you buy says Made in China now. Rant over. I pray Jesus comes soon. Maranatha.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.." (1 Timothy 6:10)

The misery continues-

strikes1.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL Worker Unions should be abolished! There was a time 100+ years ago when they were needed, when poor working conditons, unfair wages anf practically slave labor existed.

Government unions are particularly corrupt and are raping the public. It is common to see a bunch of them standing around watching one guy work, milking their hours, stretching out a job that could be done in half the time. And their are those that just before retirement work crazy overtime hours to boost their long term pensions.
I think countries like Greece went bankrupt because of this liberal entitlement system, with people retiring at 55. They work 30 years and get a 30 year pension - that is riduculous and cannot be sustained. Judgment Day is soon coming anyways.
I think abolish is too strong the other way! there needs to be a balance. IN a perfect world of course employers would treat their employees well. but this is not a perfect world and I think unions can play a good role in protecting workers from evil. but it requires balance

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wish I was in a union from when I left school. I would of made good money and had a life.

But the unions were not for anyone but themselves truly. The key was all about serving themselves first and foremost and playing others as fools. that was the way it was in my industry.
Other industry's the Unions were great fantastic even but then they walked away from serving the people who payed the Unions in a big way.
My mate was a Loans manager of a Bank and another in the railway and boy did they have it made, treated as Royalty Red carpet treatment all the way like you could not believe. but boy did they complain when their unions started abandoned them in the late 90's about from then on this kicked off.

I am all for Unions supporting the workers rights, not to mention such should of looked after the businesses side as well to help them achieve ? but sadly most Unions were run be no hopper Communist bludgers and morons. who only tried to destroy Australia industry and they exceeded !
I worked on Union Bosses houses and they were the biggest slobs totally corrupt Satanic pigs, I could ask why do you not support Australian made car sport ? but being so high and mighty they buy a car from a Nation that has no workers rights or a bad record of such ect. so if they were serious about what they preach about serving the workers here ! Fact is they do not do so themselves.
I would say that most Union hot dogs were Satanic inspired Communist idiot fat slobs.

I could ask, hey Union hot dog, do you know anything about business, let alone have you or would you run a business of your own ?
The Answer would be No ! and No way !