Are The 144,000 Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Are the 144,000 (12,000 from each tribe) Christian?

Guy
The term "Christian" was first put forth in derision by those who were referring to the disciples of John and the Lord that were of the house of Israel. It has been gradually inclusive of the nations, and has taken on a less offensive form, and now has become the moniker of the gentile believers as well.
In that truest sense, yes, those Jewish believers who will comprise the 144,000, will be Christians. They will be of the sons of Israel and Hebrew as the New Covenant on earth proceeds as was promised.
fivesense

Christina

Apr 10, 2006

Guy

12,000 from each tribe the ten Lost tribes became christians Judah(w/ Benjamin) remained Jews to preserve the Law (Old Testament, both are represented in the 144,000 Christian and Jew will be joined under Christ at the End.
See Eze 37 where both sticks are rejoined into one ..One stick is Judah (Jews) the other stick is Jospheps son Empriam representing the 10 lost tribes called Israel and those with her (the other tribes) .So in short the 144,000 are Christian and Jew (judah)

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007

Guy
No, they are sealed in that they are protected as they travel accross Europe to "the appointed place" the British Isles and coastlands of W Europe.
Dan doesn't need to be protected from the Romans or Barbarian hordes as that tribe was sea-faring.

12000 & 144000 symbolises perfect government - of God in the affairs of man.
Each of the 7 "times" since the fall of Jerusalem marks a significant point in the history of these tribes and their opponents.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello Hammerstone,

You stated: What is the seal of God in their foreheads? If you know the answer to that, then you know the answer to this question.

My response: I believe that the seal is given to the 144K as divine protection against the remaining trumpet and vial plagues. This would imply that the 144K are the only Christians alive at that time. If there were any other Christians alive at that time, then those unsealed Christians would also be affected by these plagues designed to affect the rest of the world and humanity.

What are your thoughts on this special seal?

Guy

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
No, they won't be christians. They will be Jews who have understood that Yeshua was and is their Messiah. Christianity is for us gentiles.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
No, they won't be christians. They will be Jews who have understood that Yeshua was and is their Messiah. Christianity is for us gentiles.

Seems like when someone reads what God has spoken, like evanom here, and just believes it, it's just too downright simple. You probably got a handle on the Roman Epistle, too. I thank Him for your response, cause I would have gotten too wordy.
fivesense

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
No, they are sealed in that they are protected as they travel accross Europe to "the appointed place" the British Isles and coastlands of W Europe.
Dan doesn't need to be protected from the Romans or Barbarian hordes as that tribe was sea-faring.

12000 & 144000 symbolises perfect government - of God in the affairs of man.
Each of the 7 "times" since the fall of Jerusalem marks a significant point in the history of these tribes and their opponents.

What are they going to the British Isles for? To grab a guinness? :lol:From what I've read it indicates that they are just sent out among the world to preach the gospel during the tribulation. I didn't exactly see an itinerary set for just those parts of the world.

Dane01

Apr 14, 2010
South Carolina
I just take it as an example of figurative languge. In the hebrew times the numbers 3 7 and 12 were like centrel or base numbers of culture. Example it was common for one to forgive 3 times but as in Mathew when Jesus says forgive not 7 times but 70 x 7 times. Now I doubt he means forgive people 490 times so 144,000 could be figurative for a very large unimaginable amount. Also John said in revelations 7: 9: "after this I looked and their before me was a great multitude that no one could count from every nation tribe people and language standing their before the throne and infront of lamb..."
so ya I hope it helps but that's how I think it's figurative. If you beleive and have faith in Jesus your goin to heaven by the grace of GOD

It is finished
Amen

Christina

Apr 10, 2006

LOL.... thats a contradiction in terms if they believe in Christ they are Christians .... <_<

Hello Hammerstone,

You stated: What is the seal of God in their foreheads? If you know the answer to that, then you know the answer to this question.

My response: I believe that the seal is given to the 144K as divine protection against the remaining trumpet and vial plagues. This would imply that the 144K are the only Christians alive at that time. If there were any other Christians alive at that time, then those unsealed Christians would also be affected by these plagues designed to affect the rest of the world and humanity.

What are your thoughts on this special seal?

Guy

Right answer Guy ...remember what we are told
4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Satan and his locusts army can only hurt those without the seal of God on them The 144,000 thousand have the seal before the tribulation even begins ....

The mulitude thats afterward are those who come out of confusion and overcome by the testomny given by the 144,000
(Mark 13) this chapter about the 144,000 is two seperate visions covering two time periods before and after the tribulation

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
if there was only room in heaven for 144,000 then the quota would have been filled years ago and we wouldn't have a chance at salvation. There are probably more peopelw tih St in front of their names than 144,000. So no, they are the first to be resurrected, the other dead are judged later.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
if there was only room in heaven for 144,000 then the quota would have been filled years ago and we wouldn't have a chance at salvation. There are probably more peopelw tih St in front of their names than 144,000. So no, they are the first to be resurrected, the other dead are judged later.

I do not understand your post at all ??

The 144,000 are those that are of the Elect and sealed by God here on earth before the tribulation starts. Satan can not hurt them this is the first vision John has in the chapter ....
The second vision is after the tribulation and is of the Mutitude of people nations and tonges that overcome the tribulation they all will be of the first resurrected they have all overcome unto the end .... This has nothing to do with being in heaven its takes place right here on earth ....

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
That's actually my point but the thread was titled in misleading way and I assumed that it was saying there are only 144,000 places in Heaven. I know there are people who believe only 144,00 people go to heaven and the ret go to hell.