Are the 144,000 literally "virgins?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mven222

Jan 13, 2018
Israel
sj2257.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

My response:
God NEVER lies.
What did He say in the Holy Bible?

“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

The Lamb and the 144,000:

14 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

What do we see here? Jesus will be accompanied by 144,000 Jews when He will put his feet on Mount Zion in Jerusalem.
Questions to ponder: (1) If these Jews are alive then why do they understand a song in heaven? Or they were in heaven too being martyrs?
(2) Where is location in this verse? On our planet? YES. These Jews will accompany the Son of God when He will return to our planet during the World War Three.

Now consider that:

And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time. 4Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete.

What we see here? Martyrs will be resurrected and they will reign with Jesus on our planet during the Millennium Reign. And it seems that these 144,000 Jews are MARTYRS who will be YOUNG and did not have time to marry before their death.

NOTE: forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth..That means they were from our planet....REDEEMED...Where? It is clear in Heaven. and after that on our planet again in Jerusalem.

mven222

Jan 13, 2018
Israel
sj2257.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The song they understand from heaven is just a hint for us who they are..they came from heaven after death...
Also NOTE: many Christians think that all DEAD Christians will return to our planet during the return of Jesus to reign here ..among unbelievers..
but the FACT is ONLY martyrs will be with Jesus on our planet as I quoted in the verse above!!!

mven222

Jan 13, 2018
Israel
sj2257.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Did you note in my post that:
"They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Martyrs will be martyrs because they will not receive the mark of the beast/the anti-christ. They will reign on our planet.
If they are 144,000 Jews then it is clear why they will be killed/beheaded. If the anti-christ is a leader like al Baghdadi then of course he will behead them cuz in Islam they behead all christians during their jihad.

mven222

Jan 13, 2018
Israel
sj2257.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Revelation 7:2-3 ...'And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.'
Revelation 14:1 ...'And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.'

The seal of the God the Father!!! His name. YHVH? May be but this name was applied in the OT to the Son of God too.
I like that:
The bridegroom (the Son of God) refers to his bride as a sealed (chaste) garden spring ( So 4:12 ). Pledging fidelity, the bridegroom asks his beloved to seal him to herself on the heart and on the arm (May be as a ring) ( 8:6 ).
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death
The Holy Spirit seals those who believe in our God Jesus. The Spirit's presence is God's guarantee that believers are owned by him and secure in him.
His sealing separates the believer from the world and from his or her unholy past.
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit..
So, seals for 144,000 Jews means that they converted to Christianity just before the WAR to be started by 4 angels. Let me share with you below my perspective of this war.

mven222

Jan 13, 2018
Israel
sj2257.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
My comments: Everything is reasonable. No fairy-tales. There are no fairy-tales in the Holy Bible. Just designations of the future events like on the situation map. And there is no need to get to our planet thousands of the dead spirits...it seems He just chooses the martyrs of the tribulation period. And He is not going to resurrect dead unbelievers to live on our planet after the millennium. No. He is going just to judge them when they will perish after the World War 4. ..after death they will just become spirits flying from their dead bodies when they will lose the final war against Israel...

I said: when they will lose the final war against Israel.

What do you think? Who will lose this war? Christians with Jesus or the unbelievers that will be gathered for the final war?
Christ will stop any wars on our planet and probably the military exercises too...

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States

My response:
God NEVER lies.
What did He say in the Holy Bible?

“Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

The Lamb and the 144,000:

14 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

What do we see here? Jesus will be accompanied by 144,000 Jews when He will put his feet on Mount Zion in Jerusalem.
Questions to ponder: (1) If these Jews are alive then why do they understand a song in heaven? Or they were in heaven too being martyrs?
(2) Where is location in this verse? On our planet? YES. These Jews will accompany the Son of God when He will return to our planet during the World War Three.

Now consider that:

And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time. 4Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete.

What we see here? Martyrs will be resurrected and they will reign with Jesus on our planet during the Millennium Reign. And it seems that these 144,000 Jews are MARTYRS who will be YOUNG and did not have time to marry before their death.

NOTE: forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth..That means they were from our planet....REDEEMED...Where? It is clear in Heaven. and after that on our planet again in Jerusalem.

First tell me where is it wrote they are Jews, next who is the woman, and this song as it was a new song but its not a new song but a old one they know not. Count the number in Hebrew, 100, 40, 4000. The verses say they are of Christ, with their Fathers name. And the numbers say they are teachers.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think the 144,000 are here when the two prophets that are killed in the street and then are risen are here, and then some time after that, Jesus comes.

it's been the Lord's way when dealing with the world, He gives them ample info before the result of their own judgment befalls them. if my memory serves Noah spent the better part of a hundred years building the ark. and that would in and of itself be a testimony of things to come.

so man and Israel in particular are not left without the Truth in the world until the last minute so to speak.

the scenario I have been told though I have heard many, the Christian promise of "rapture" happens (which may not have to be the resurrection) with 144,000 believers 12,000 from each tribe of Jewish people are retained to prophecy then the two prophets that have the same power as Moses and Elijah had. I suspect they will be Moses and Elijah not only for that reason but also the "transfiguration" that James John and Peter saw with Jesus that included Moses and Elijah talking to the Lord.

but that's one of many. thing is about prophecy, no one knows how its going to go down until after it happens. why? you may ask. because its not for you to know when and how, but it is for you to know after it happens who said it would happen, therefore who's will is being done. Israel was promised through Abraham that the Lord their God would return them to the promiced land out of Egypt. they didn't know how and they really didn't know exactly when, but when the Lord showed up they knew what was going on, though yes many blamed Moses rather then acknowledge the Almighty.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never understand why when God speaks in "picture form" people try to interpret it literally....very little of the book of The Revelation is literal.

God is trying to give us pictures that we can relate to, so that they can be interpreted spiritually.
It is written as a spiritual book which can only be understood by the spirit and through the Spirit.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I never understand why when God speaks in "picture form" people try to interpret it literally....very little of the book of The Revelation is literal.

God is trying to give us pictures that we can relate to, so that they can be interpreted spiritually.
It is written as a spiritual book which can only be understood by the spirit and through the Spirit.
Oh my gosh.
A woman after my own heart!
Some will call you a heretic.
I've often asked priest friends of mine what drug John was on.
OF COURSE YOU'RE RIGHT.

It's kind of like someone going to heaven and then trying to explain it.
GOOD LUCK!

Sometimes we can't even understand it with the Holy Spirit's help.
I do my best to keep away from it !
Sorry if I've disturbed anyone here.
I like to be honest.

(except with BreadofLife. I like to tell HIM many many lies. Or at least, that's what he tells me.)

Reactions: Truth and Helen

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
he scenario I have been told though I have heard many, the Christian promise of "rapture" happens (which may not have to be the resurrection) with 144,000 believers 12,000 from each tribe of Jewish people are retained to prophecy then the two prophets that have the same power asChad. I suspect they will be Moses and Elijah not only for that reason but also the "transfiguration" that James John and Peter saw with Jesus that included Moses and Elijah talking to the Lord.

So your speaking of the marriage supper. As in the bride of Christ. Rather the woman being Christians. I tell a story. Christ walking sees a fig tree, comes closer no fruit. Then curses that tree that it bear not fruit ever. Has Christ taught you something or you just think Christ did not like that tree, a fig tree. Now what took place was Israel will no long bear fruit to God. Over and over trees are referred as nations and people. Another story Christ heals a blind man. the man says I see men as trees. Now did Christ mess up on that healing, NO WAY ! He teaching you. Christ raises up two new nations two olive trees with oil because you anointed to peach the gospel. Moses and Elijah not two nations yes.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because people read and critique the Bible like it is an ordinary, instead of a spiritual book!

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NO! The 144,000 is a spiritual number consisting of all true believers which is a symbolical number. What you and others who believe as you have taken this account IS a fairy tale, without really understanding what you've read!

FYI, the 144,000 are the totality of all believers, whom the Father gave to Jesus to become saved, that lived at different times throughout history.

Concerning the mark of the beast, again must be discerned spiritually. The mark on the forehead and right hand on all unbelievers, merely mean, that they belong to Satan, as opposed to the believers who have the name of the Father on their forehead, to signify they belong to God! Revelation 14:1

Also, I don't know where the "one thousand year" reign of Christ on earth taught anywhere in Scriptures?

To God Be The Glory

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your speaking of the marriage supper. As in the bride of Christ. Rather the woman being Christians. I tell a story. Christ walking sees a fig tree, comes closer no fruit. Then curses that tree that it bear not fruit ever. Has Christ taught you something or you just think Christ did not like that tree, a fig tree. Now what took place was Israel will no long bear fruit to God. Over and over trees are referred as nations and people. Another story Christ heals a blind man. the man says I see men as trees. Now did Christ mess up on that healing, NO WAY ! He teaching you. Christ raises up two new nations two olive trees with oil because you anointed to peach the gospel. Moses and Elijah not two nations yes.

so what are you rambling about? and I wasn't talking to you or anything you posted correct?

read revelation who is ignorant of what scripture says, its says two prophets so, that's what it means, two prophets, hence persons, not some deranged uninformed ignorance of a hack job view you have expressed:

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. 7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. 10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
I am trying to get a hold on this, so if any one hurts me I will kill him in like manner. Did you just hear that, that just ain't right. But yet they are overcome by them and killed. It don't work with any thing in the bible. dosn't work on a eye for a eye also love your enemy's. I will tell you another thing its 3 1/2 years not days what you think about that. Also lets see it will be a holiday, they will send gifts, every one that hates them sends gifts. Trying to get hold of this also, gifts must be thru a smart phone or something, I will tell you more these are the one crying to god because they where killed and god gives them white robes.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Moreover thus far this war is on earth with earth people. So earth people don't kill them but the beast from the bottomless pit will. Now earth is a bottomless pit, but this is another. I will tell you more, they will come from the north a great army rather north west of our solar system. Nibiru are what most call the planet. I know you believe God was created when earth was but God has always been. Others also was created. You know what, it was ok when the two prophets died as you see things but two nations its a rude awakening. This also will be the second resurrection of Gods people, the first was when Christ died on the cross.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
More again while on resurrection, God's people from that planet will also go into the gates of heaven per Ezekiel's temple when that planet is destroyed, and then following earth when this planet is destroyed. Behold He created all things, all are His, Fear Him and His Holy Name for the end of time is on us and I saw a new heaven and earth for the old has past away.