Are there any Catholics here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not Catholic but I watch online Mass usually daily. I don't follow their version of the Eucharist and I don't pray to the virgin Mary. But I do enjoy online Mass.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If one is not a Catholic one is not a Christian in fact.
All Protestants are Catholic. My C of E was saying so from as long as I remember and when I went to Lutheran Church it said so as well.
It was on many of the pamphlets given out every Sunday.
The claimed to be the Catholic Church !
Well they had to, because they claimed to be the real Church as they were rejecting the others as genuine and serious about it.

The Roman Catholic Church as most understand it to be, also claims to be Catholic as well in fact.

The Nazi Church creation, I think did not call themselves Catholic I believe. Well I don't believe that they were Catholic but more of a type of Jewish babble and earlier than the Jews religion that they had a relation to regarding their game play.
But when I looked regarding such in the 1980's it was like pulling teeth to get any answers on the reality of what the Nazis were on about with all that nonsense. all I got was that I had no right to ask any such questions at all. They did not want anyone to be Educated on the subject and that was made absolute clear ! I had no rights to ask !

I went and asked about the RCC and all the doors were open to ask what ever about the RCC until around the 1990's that they did not want me to talk to the retired Priest.

As for the Lutheran Church they were never in depth much at all and only pushed a indoctrination lines and ran away when questioned on a subject moving beyond the Lutheran official line. That was in the 70's talking to the Priest, he just would not go in depth past what they peddled and just said to me, just believe what they said. but I wanted more in depth understanding so I could have genuine faith in all of what is being said in fact. So I can back it up ! and not just come up with lines.

But they all clamed to be Catholic in fact.

They had put themselves above the RCC ? as they did not believe the RCC was worthy, claiming regarding corruption for a start.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the Lutheran Church they were never in depth much at all and only pushed a indoctrination lines and ran away when questioned on a subject moving beyond the Lutheran official line. That was in the 70's talking to the Priest, he just would not go in depth past what they peddled and just said to me, just believe what they said. but I wanted more in depth understanding so I could have genuine faith in all of what is being said in fact. So I can back it up ! and not just come up with lines.

You make a good and biblical point, as it was the counsel of Paul to "press on" "even leaving behind the elementary principles of Christ."

...And it is also written that "knowledge shall increase." Are we not to "hear what the Spirit says to the churches?" Indeed, we are.

Reactions: Nancy

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why the criticism/accusation? the OP: asked "Are the any catholics here?"

Not your OFF-topic post...please start a New 'accusatory' thread...IF you must...
Oh so the C of E is not Catholic is it ?
Oh so the Lutheran Church is not Catholic is it ?

I can assure you they both say that they are a Catholic Church in fact.

So that the opening post is asking are their any Catholics here, well fact is that all Christians are Catholic in fact !
But they may not be Roman Catholic !
But they may be Lutheran Catholic ?
But they may be C of E Catholic ?

One has to understand what the word Catholic truly means, then one may understand that no Christian Church can reject such and make a claim on being a Christian Church in fact. because such would be laughing stock.

The post could of been are there any Roman Catholics here ?

The Church of Rome also claims to be Catholic as well.

Reactions: Philip James