Are there any Holy Ghost Tongue Talkers in here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Just curious...........I do believe I already know the outcome......there will be maybe two or three in this entire forum
that speak in tongues.....many will say....that's stupid.....many will argue.....and those that do.....well.........we will know why they haven't recieved the gift.

I myself recieved the holy Ghost 26 years ago.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I fought for it.
Not even Rosetta Stone can help satan understand what God and I talk about now. :)
Oh...and one more thing....I'm kind like a profiler not a judge....Hopefully I'm wrong...but lets just see if I'm correct in all this....these will be the ones who don't.
1......Non Tithers
2......Democratic Christians....This will get Stan a steamin..... He he heheheheheheheh
3.....Obviously jw's and Unitarians....but we all know that I'm sure :)
4.....Some Catholics......but i do know many that do.
5.....Non church goers
6.....People who play Christian
7.....And of course any way out there so-called religion

And be prepared for those who answer yes.................for they will be very excited.
And if ya don't...no big deal..........but it is FREE ya know :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I have spoken in tongues, but I wasn't tithing at the time... I was still a child.

It was something that just happened while I was praying fervently about something. I hadn't picked it up from other people, cause I never heard of anyone doing that before.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
lforrest said:
I have spoken in tongues, but I wasn't tithing at the time... I was still a child.

It was something that just happened while I was praying fervently about something. I hadn't I picked it up from other people, cause I never heard of anyone doing that before.
Keep it up my friend...............utter away :)

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What I would like to know is why you frame the question this way when nobody seeks speaking in tongues?
It is the initial evidence of having actually received the Holy Spirit/Comforter into your spirit. This should always succeed salvation but unfortunately, as is demonstrated in Acts 19, it is not always, and quite sadly not identified nor taught by some.
I know that there are Democratic, non-tithing, Unitarian, RC, non-church going Christians who DO speak in tongues.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
A christian believer has the Holy Spirit whether he speaks in tongues or not.

RANDOR .... you say Satan cannot understand your tongues , fine , but can you understand them ?

Pentecostals like to boast they have "more Holy Spirit" than those dead Christians down the street

But when all things are tallied up 20 years later those "dead guys down the street" have accomplished plenty , whereas often the Pentecost is still stuck jabbering tongues expecting something magical to happen

I am Pentecostal and I speak in tongues

So what ?

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
What I believe RANDOR is doing is pretty much hitting on the supernatural since folks(christians) nowadays shy away from the subject.

The kingdom of God...not in letter, but power. Since the majority have never experienced this power working daily in their lives they'd rather debate Scriptures. "I'm right because.." Man listen, I'm like "What did the Holy Spirit say though?"

We speak on and stay in the line of Gods transforming power. His supernatural ability to turn a rank sinner in to a devout, sanctified, justified, fire baptized believer. Glory to God!!

Oh but when Jesus lays His healing hands on you the petty things don't matter as much. You're forever changed. You can't help it.

What has happened to "Christians"?

They've become diluted. Mixed in with the world systems. True warriors are hard to find. Eight were saves in the days of Noah. So shall it be before the coming of the Son of man.

We should be identified with Christ. The things Christ did we should do. A walking continuation of the book of Acts. We should be manifesting the literal life of Jesus Christ. But cha gotta know Him first.

Sir, we would see Jesus.

Anyway, tongues...one day :)

B

brakelite

Brother Randor, a word if you please....

1 ¶ Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 ¶ For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 ¶ Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
1 ¶ Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
All of you are correct.............good job........but it is a gift....is it not?.....one we can recieve if only we ask.
It is a strange one I must say......but a glorious one.
And the one among all gifts, I'm sure satan does not want man to have.
And it is very easy to explain once someone recieves it...............It Is Glorious...........Just another measure of faith added to your walk with Christ.

Oh---and Martin W..............just curious....you say you speak in tongues.......but big deal......it is a big deal if you do.......you must of recieved the gift one day....and it didn't shake your world? And no, I don't understand them.......but God does.....kinda like all the other things i don't understand................but I trust. And I don't consider myself a pentecostal....just a sinner saved by His Grace.

Mr. brakelite........why so many scriptures.......should I take that as a no? :)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Old Jack's two-bits, ICor.12:10, "someone else varieties of tongues while to another interpretation of tongues." Put away your sling-shots guys, ie, only an opinion. The interpreter understood the language that was spoken or written, and translated the sense of what was spoken or written so that all understood.

Old Jack that has trouble enough with English?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
RANDOR, why does it seem to me you're always promoting how good a Christian you are? First with the tithing and now with the tongues, you seem to think this is a contest. I expect this from new Christians but you say you've been saved for decades. Yet in all that time you've failed to discern the marks of true Christianity, humility, temperance, and charity. But it seems you're always putting people down based on superficial standards that are far from the mind of Christ. Do you need me to put this in big words?

Stop this!

And grow up! Let me ask you a few questions, RANDOR,

1. Has the gift of tongues ever fed the hungry, clothed the naked, or healed the sick?
2. Has tongues ever sent missions into the far reaches of the globe to bring the gospel to those who've never heard it?
3. Do tongues bring people closer to God, growing in love, trust, and obedience? (In my experience, it's tribulation that does this)
4. Has tongues ever converted sinners who can't even understand it?
5. And one more question, do you think God intended for the heavenly gifts to be lorded over others?

You would do well to consider the teaching of Jesus to make your prayers private, and in seclusion, rather than trumpeting them from the rooftops. That's what the gift of tongues is for me, not a show for others, but a private thing between the Lord and me, a way of facilitating my prayer when I've reached the limits of my own understanding. Nobody ever hears me pray in tongues, it isn't for them and it's none of their business. Quite honestly I just don't get you, the things you think are important that have little or nothing to do with the points of Christian character championed by the Bible.

And I think that's where the problem is. I've seen you fail to engage in any kind of deep scriptural debate or to back up your claims using a strong exegesis of scripture. I repeatedly tried to get you to crack open the Good Book in your tithing thread and you seemed paltry to the task. I have to wonder, do you even read the Bible, and I mean read it in depth? "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Gal 5:22,23) , where do you see tongues on this list?

SO LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT

One does not need the gift of tongues to be a Christian, to grow in faith, to learn humility and longsuffering, to preach the gospel to the conversion of sinners, or in any other way to be used by the Lord. This is coming from somebody who's read the Bible repeatedly from front to back ever since I was a wee lad. There's nothing in the Bible that requires tongues or even promotes it as essential to the Christian faith, so your loud, clanging cymbals sum up to nothing. The Bible does, however, promote as necessary many virtues that I think you, me, and all Christians need to be more focused on.

And now that I've laid aside my rhetorical ferule......

I love you too.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
To: This Vale of Tears

Woman.........i love those fonts!!!!!!!!!................. good choice :)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh no I'm not trying to show that i'm bought by the blood more than you or anyone else for that matter.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh :( just wanted to know if anyone in here spoke in tongues....ya know received the Holy Ghost.
And...............I also told ya at the beginning how people would act............
And gosh.....you got it down to a tee :)

Now lets educate cha here just for a second..........ya say I don't use scriptures.........and I should open the good book.
Why..............? are not the same scriptures i would share with you be against what your post was laid out for. So...it would be useless.
But ok ok ok...................I got one.....ready? hold on let me look it up..............or I could just copy and paste....nah....

Jesus Heals Ten Men With Leprosy
Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”
When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.
One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.” And off he went..quoting scriptures throughout the land NOT!!!!!!!!

Ya see................I was one of those who had Leprosy.............and I am the one who came back to fall at Jesus' feet.
A Christian should not have to use scriptures against another Christian. Why is this?..............they should understand the scritpure exactly as it is written....not having to think what it means.
Sooooooooooo I agree with all the scriptures.....I know all the scriptures.............come and spend one day with me..........and you would be in awe at what i see.

So......I'll take that as a no...no you don't have the Holy Ghost.

2 people i've met so far that jump for joy at their salvation in here....................others....mock, talk behind your back, ridicule, smirk,......I'm not sorry I'm bold for Christ..............I also jump for joy when others jump for joy...........now if ya had read the opening post...you would of seen......I said didn't matter at all if ya didn't speak in tongues........I could care less...................
And another thing that really gets me.............................why am I always having to defend myself a long side my Christian brothers?

And for your information.....I teach a radical..............that's radical..........something you are not even close to.............bible study at my home....be doin it for the past 15 years.....I could take every sentence you wrote and tell you how misled you are with scriptures against me.
And why is it that the ones who don't....with anything actually..........fight for why they don't......now that's interesting.

I know you love Jesus......................but what you fail to see.......is someone else who loves your God also.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
brakelite said:
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
Paul is talking about gifts and manifestations here for the edification of the church, NOT the speaking in tongues as evidenced by the infilling of the Holy Spirit. What Paul is talking about here, is NOT what happened in Acts 19:6 where he laid hands on those disciples to receive the Holy Spirit.

This Vale Of Tears said:
One does not need the gift of tongues to be a Christian, to grow in faith, to learn humility and longsuffering, to preach the gospel to the conversion of sinners, or in any other way to be used by the Lord. This is coming from somebody who's read the Bible repeatedly from front to back ever since I was a wee lad. There's nothing in the Bible that requires tongues or even promotes it as essential to the Christian faith, so your loud, clanging cymbals sum up to nothing. The Bible does, however, promote as necessary many virtues that I think you, me, and all Christians need to be more focused on.
That's right, if one wants to do it all in the flesh without the power of the Holy Spirit, one does NOT need Him to fill them. The problem is Jesus told the Apostles to wait for the Holy Spirit and we should to. It is just not taught enough, or there are too many who teach against it, God knows why?
Oh BTW, it is not a gift, it is THE initial evidence of the Holy Spirit's infilling/baptism.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Oh;;;;;;;;;;;;and one more thing.....This Vale of Tears...............I was starting to get a complex in here with woman....so i thought........silly me................I just called in four women and asked them to read your post.......i didn't even say a thing...just said read my OP and then read your response............all four.............agreed, you missed the boat.
But I know you love Jesus...........................and ya know what......that's the main thing :)

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
RANDOR said:
..these will be the ones who don't.
1......Non Tithers
2......Democratic Christians....This will get Stan a steamin..... He he heheheheheheheh
3.....Obviously jw's and Unitarians....but we all know that I'm sure :)
4.....Some Catholics......but i do know many that do.
5.....Non church goers
6.....People who play Christian
7.....And of course any way out there so-called religion

And be prepared for those who answer yes.................for they will be very excited.
And if ya don't...no big deal..........but it is FREE ya know :)
I don't speak in tongues nor have I ever
I don't go to Church (mostly because of my Job)
I don't tithe (because I dont go to Church)

So I must be playing Christian.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Madad21 said:
I don't speak in tongues nor have I ever
I don't go to Church (mostly because of my Job)
I don't tithe (because I dont go to Church)

So I must be playing Christian.
Well, you can do all if you don't want to wear this as a badge of honor?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Madad21 said:
Im just wondering why this is a prerequisite?
Mr. Madad................................it's not a prerequisite..................and I know you know better.........................it's a gift....if ya haven't asked for it then ya don't have it ...but if ya have asked for it ya got it..............................cut in dry....that's all there is to it.............

Either ya got it or ya don't.....................but hey....................I would ask for it.........................trust me................it's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!