Are tv evangelist charlatans?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are these ministries helping spread the gospel or harming?

• I agree with the above statement

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fraud, private jets and a Lamborghini: 10 televangelists who have faced controversy
In the past year, televangelists – including Kenneth Copeland, who recently went viral for an inflammatory "Inside Edition" interview, and Franklin Graham, son of legendary evangelical preacher Billy Graham – have been embroiled in controversy, one way or another.

Copeland, a Texas evangelist, came under fire for a viral "Inside Edition" video in which he defended his three private jets. But he's not the only one to make headlines.

From buying a $200,000 Lamborghini SUV as an anniversary gift to reportedly turning away hurricane evacuees, these 10 televangelists have caught flak for their actions and sermons.
Copeland justified his jet-setting by saying that he could not evangelize without the aircraft. "If I flew commercial, I'd have to stop 65% of what I'm doing," he told journalist Lisa Guerrero.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If anyone truly were preaching Jesus Christ you would be kicked off TV and would have the majority of people trying to belt the daylights out of you and hang you on a Cross. Especially nowadays because people can not handle the Truth and have been led with so many lies.
All Religion is a Business first and foremost. not to mention that Religion never Saved any ones Soul. they work all to deprive you of the Key, you must be truly born again of the Holy Spirit. not to mention no one can make you born again, I have come across people who claim to be born again due to a mans works telling them that they are born again after repeating words that they have instructed for you, that is clearly nonsense.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fraud, private jets and a Lamborghini: 10 televangelists who have faced controversy
In the past year, televangelists – including Kenneth Copeland, who recently went viral for an inflammatory "Inside Edition" interview, and Franklin Graham, son of legendary evangelical preacher Billy Graham – have been embroiled in controversy, one way or another.

Copeland, a Texas evangelist, came under fire for a viral "Inside Edition" video in which he defended his three private jets. But he's not the only one to make headlines.

From buying a $200,000 Lamborghini SUV as an anniversary gift to reportedly turning away hurricane evacuees, these 10 televangelists have caught flak for their actions and sermons.
Copeland justified his jet-setting by saying that he could not evangelize without the aircraft. "If I flew commercial, I'd have to stop 65% of what I'm doing," he told journalist Lisa Guerrero.
Copeland teaches that Jesus was born again in Hell. Anyone else think that's Satanic?

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We have to leave that up to God. Only He determinies if one is saved or not! However we can definitely rebuke them for the false heretical teachings they promote to fleece the flocks of God

Reactions: tsr and kcnalp