Are We Connected

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Are We Connected?”
Exodus 33:18-20 NIV
Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

One of many amazing encounters we see in the Old Testament between Moses and God. Moses was connected and was about to have a major connection session with Him!

As I think about how we connect these days, I feel like we are focused on connecting every way we can in our world and with our world these days. We want to be connected on social media. We want to be connected with events happening in our church. We want to be connected to events happening in our community. We want to be connected with what is happening in our children’s schools. We try so hard to stay connected so that we don’t miss anything!

With all of the technology we have available today, we are so concerned to miss anything that we peruse our social media accounts and check to see what texts and e-mails are coming in. We seriously do not want to miss ANYTHING! I admit I have become one of these people. I don’t want to miss any important info that I need to know from whatever sources I feel are important for me to stay up with.

As much as we have become addicted to staying connected in whatever ways possible to not miss anything, it breaks my heart when I think how unconnected we have become in our relationship with God. I’m not saying we don’t care about growing in our faith, but we have to admit we focus a lot more on staying connected in our world events rather than with what God wants to teach us.

How often do we find ourselves with the deep desire to connect with God as Moses did? He wanted to be so close to God and he made it a priority. That’s what we need to take time to consider in our lives these days. How important is it for us to be connected to God and what are we willing to do in order to make that happen? Do we really want to connect with Him? Will we let all the other connections we try so hard to maintain go by the wayside in order to make sure God remains our top priority?

This doesn’t mean we ditch other things in our lives, but it does mean that God needs to be our main connectivity above all! What are we willing to do about this and how badly do we want to connect with Him?

Are we connected more with Him or with the world?

Reactions: ScottA and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great message I see myself in the same way sometimes, becoming addicted to the next response and things of that nature via media. Sometimes my desire is disconnect completely and just let life be as it is day to day, which is hard to do after having these technical advances and advantages in life that gives us a sense of comfort. Our real desire should be to connect with God always putting him first and having love for our neighbor resting in Christ.

Good message to think about dude33.

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know i can become addicted to forums but is also one of the best ways i spend time with God and with other believers, for some like me it is the best way we have to be with God and others, for those who can go to a good church and be with people it may not be the blessing it is for someone like me but the connection i have online is both with God and with other believers. The good thing about being online is that people tend to show who they really are online because there is safety behind a screen and plus you can reach a mass amount of people online with the words you say online and as a writer i know the power words can have.

perhaps staying connected being addicted to social media is not the issue persay but rather how you spend your time doing it. personally i always feel close to God being on Christian forums and speaking about God i feel closer to him and the spirirt talking to other believers i enjoy the ability to know their hearts because people tend to show their true thoughts online and who they really are.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D Hahaha!

Oh, it is no laughing matter--but I see another side...

I am sure it's not just me, but that many here are just as guilty of doing just the opposite that we are in trouble on the worldly front--I mean, with my wife, family, work, friends, projects, the list goes on! I find myself making excuses like I'm some kind of flake, unfit and lacking in attentiveness to the rest of life--if you want to call it that. And I so appreciate and need God to come through on His promise to add all those other things if I seek Him first. But in the face of shameful stares and comments, sometimes I wonder if He actually has my back--not really, I just feel the pressure. I know some of you do too.

But hey--I wouldn't have it any other way--I'm in love! I'm smitten, and shall be forevermore. I just hope it does actually carry into some of the relationships that I really don't want to neglect.

God is good!

Me? Not so much. ;)