are we living the future in reverse?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The seekers

Aug 18, 2014
B) Since the book of revelation was written we seem to be players in a stage show that has already taken place?

walls of jericho941

Aug 22, 2014
Greetings the seekers,
a lot in the bible thats future events is spoken of in past tense, for instance, by His stripes we "were" healed. (Isaiah 53:5) and some who have some kind of disease and die it appears to us that they "were" not healed. also the bible says the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, and we know that Jesus came some 2000 years after King David, and David was a good ways from in the beginning. God sees the future perfectly, and thats how prophecy is accurate. God already knows whats going to happen. What it says in revelation has not happened yet, but it will.

Reactions: Enquirer

Raining

Mar 31, 2013
Michigan
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It seems to me or I have had thoughts that the New Testament in the Bible, or the stories of Jesus seems to be a new age of the world, and that it seems that the would is going backwards to the so called birth of Christ.
But in reality, it seems that the Earth as we have known in this age is going to die or be really changed. maybe by human kind.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
The seekers said:
B) Since the book of revelation was written we seem to be players in a stage show that has already taken place?
I would answer it like this ... The End Time major points have been set,

1) like satan thrown into hell,
2) the Antichrist defeated,
3) Jesus return,
4) The Day of Judgment ete., etc.

However, from this moment to those Final (set in stone) moments, anything can happen but ultimately it will all work out to
the final results.
The argument that everything and I mean everything ... has been set in stone ... would take away the free will of man which God
has not done.

Reactions: Born_Again

MrKruback

Sep 20, 2014
Enquirer said:
I would answer it like this ... The End Time major points have been set,

1) like satan thrown into hell,
2) the Antichrist defeated,
3) Jesus return,
4) The Day of Judgment ete., etc.

However, from this moment to those Final (set in stone) moments, anything can happen but ultimately it will all work out to
the final results.
The argument that everything and I mean everything ... has been set in stone ... would take away the free will of man which God
has not done.
I never understood, is the day of judgement for all mankind or for each person individually? Growing up it always sounded like a bad thing when I heard it spoke of, so I didn't read much about it.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to think that this life has already happened - it is the collective fall of humanity. Adam and Eve ate the fruit and this life is our experience falling in the same way. We are even technically falling through space. In essence, we are all falling and being redeemed or lost together.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
I tend to think that this life has already happened - it is the collective fall of humanity. Adam and Eve ate the fruit and this life is our experience falling in the same way. We are even technically falling through space. In essence, we are all falling and being redeemed or lost together.
That's deep. I mean that with the utmost respect, brother. Here is my take on it all. We have been shown how it's going to happen. We could try to mitigate it but we know that wont work because not everyone on Earth knows Christ. Now then, I understand the warnings as an opportunity to avoid be cast to Hell and to follow Christ. He's saying "hey, this is going down, folks, get on board or I'll leave you here." Hey, I'm all in!!

Reactions: aspen

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
We're not living the future in reverse; we're repeating the past.

We are creating the environment for the next world war just like we did for the last two.

The great tribulation continues: ......... film at 11. :)

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its similar to time of moses, during Egypt. Thier were ten plagues. Exodus 9:14. God used Moses to send plagues in Egypt. Revelation chapter 11:6, the two witnesses will have power to give plagues. Do we see Repeat? Does the past connect with the near future??. Friends, there's promise land in the near future, its Gods kingdom. Amigos, this isn't the time to be biblically illiterate. Or playing church. Were closer to 6th trump, satan as antichrist will come 6th trump. Second Timothy chapter 3, perilous times shall come. Its getting more and more evil. James chapter 1, knowledge and wisdom of God's word is the only way past antichrist lies and deception. Revelation chapter 9:5 time was shortened to 5 month period for antichrist tribulation. Many people will think the two witnesses are crack pots when they testify in Jerusalem near future. God's Election will understand. Now is the time to study the bible.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John traveled to the New Heavens and New Earth and then he came back.

Science would call that 'visiting a Parallel Universe'.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know someone who has a weird fantasy, that he is the same person as everyone else - like that when you die, history starts over and live as one of the others in your life that are the same as you.

Weird.

brendagray

May 4, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I think that the concept of "living the future in reverse" is an interesting way to think about the challenges and complexities of modern society. In many ways, it seems like we are moving backwards, rather than forwards, as we struggle with issues like climate change, social inequality, and political polarization.

However, I also believe that there is reason to be hopeful about the future. Despite the many challenges we face, there are also many inspiring examples of individuals and communities coming together to create positive change and work towards a better future.

As a society, I think that we need to focus on building a more sustainable and equitable world, one that prioritizes the well-being of all individuals and promotes a more harmonious relationship with the natural world. This will require bold and visionary leadership, as well as the collective efforts of individuals, organizations, and governments around the world.

As a Laravel developer, I believe that technology can play a key role in helping to create a more sustainable and equitable future. By working in teams and leveraging the latest tools and technologies, we can develop innovative solutions that help to address some of the most pressing challenges facing our world today.

Reactions: Gottservant

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Around 30 years ago, I became involved in Placing Oriented Object using Object oriented Programming principles. What became important in this GIS application was the story of how the object was related to the space in which it was placed. Sadly back then, many GIS applications being used to record the world the results of the story became the most important object to be recorded, with the story of how the object was placed within the reference framework, but in many other GIS data sets, the story was discarded as being irrelevant, and as the reference framework distorted due to corrections of the reference framework, those GIS recorded data became disconnected from the reference data as it changed because the basis of how the data was related was not then known within the data base.

During the development of the GIS data for the utility's assets, we came to understand that the story was what had to be recorded and the respective objects we were recording, relative to the reference framework. Because we had deliberately recorded the story of how the utilities' assets were place with respect to the reference framework(s), we were able to adjust the relative positions of the utilities' assets on the fly as the reference framework's data became more accurate.

Within the GIS program we were able to record the utilities' asset as it appeared in reality, however when trying to present a map representation of the data at a scale greater than at 1:1 such as 1:2500, artistic licence had to be applied to distort the presentation map so that utilities' assets could be shown without merging the lines representing the asset with the lines representing the reference framework. Without the story of how the utility assets were set out in their initial construction installation, it was impossible to produce an accurate representation of where the utility assets could be found in the real world on the generated map.

We came to the conclusion that as we were prepared to acknowledge our data's connectivity and dependence on other data sets, so we were able to establish the freedom of our asset data set from the other data sets and our assets data's independence from the destiny of the surrounding data sets.

We became very aware that the seven processes involves in the utilities' asset management were identical in every aspect and that the story of how each aspect of the process evolves that the story of how the utilities' assets were placed with respect to the other surrounding data sets was the most important information to record.

Our data was established with a closed system where the boundary conditions were known and our data was static in its representation of the real world.

However, in an open system, where there are no boundaries like with the weather, the influence of one event taking place has various degrees of effect such that the possible outcomes are Infinet with respect to the conclusions that can be extrapolated from the data. If one of the dependent relationships is not recorded, then the model generated is only indicative of what might happen and may not have any relevance on the predicted outcomes generated within the model.

Computer programs may be able to get us close to understanding the realities of the unfolding events but with open systems, it is impossible to be that precise for a relatively small study area. However, on the world scale of predicting what are the trend outcomes, the accuracy may be just a little better, but the influence of people on the outcome is even harder to predict.

Shalom

Last edited:

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until a computer program is written with the capability to seperate the wheat from the chaffe....all computer programs are cursed due to the intentional or unintentional ideology of the programmer ......

We wrestled with this for over a decade in the labs within Beckwith Electric in Florida .....We were searching for a program that would present us with the capability to create an electric grid at it's ideal peak. Could not get there due to man's influence ....