Are We Making Disciples or Just Big Crowds?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree, sadly they have been taught that quantity is more important than quality. I know pastors here who have been given the cold shoulder because the 'only' have 50 members. So they are not allowed to attend the monthly 'all city' pastors prayer meeting. :(

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is hard to be a follower of Christ with all the noise in our society. I just want peace
what did jesus say in john 16? these things i write unto you that in me ye shall peace. in this world ye shall have tribulation . be of good cheer i have over come the world

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, sadly they have been taught that quantity is more important than quality. I know pastors here who have been given the cold shoulder because the 'only' have 50 members. So they are not allowed to attend the monthly 'all city' pastors prayer meeting. :(
the revivals started in small churches not big city churches of thousands of members

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"I know pastors here who have been given the cold shoulder because the 'only' have 50 members."
Whaaaat???! Whoa, way to go "church"...NOT. That is unbelievable Helen, God will surely NOT forget their snobbery!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are We Making Disciples or Just Big Crowds?

am convinced that too many evangelical churches in the United States are overly fixated on bigness, excitement and individualistic improvement, and that we don’t often realize it because we can often achieve a kind of success focusing on those things that give the impression we are on the right track.
I agree with you. It would be better if the church focused more on the quality of its members' faith and less on the quantity of members.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If the Church is doing it right it will grow as people are attracted to Jesus rather than the church. And then like a living organism it should split and grow some more and split again but in a natural way rather than through a divisive split. But too often churches are insular and inward looking, catering to their members and forgetting the world outside the door and not making much of an effort to connect with the church down the road.