Are We OK With Perpetual Edit/Delete for Posts?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It's there, but if you edit a post it should show edited.

T

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
ya, i'll have to explore that, and see if the orig can be recovered that way, which i doubt right now but don't know

I see history for my post above. Not sure if you can see it too or if it is an moderator feature.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
mod only i guess. Can't imagine it becoming a big deal, but there is potential for abuse maybe

So long as you quote someone the original will always be in your post.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i've never encountered this in a forum. Seems to allow for ex post...for revisions after the fact.
I prefer it. The only down side is that someone can change something and then say they didn't say what they had said. But if you call them on it and "quote" them in a reply...then you have captured the true original comment.

But I have gone back and caught myself in a typo that makes what I said unclear for anyone who comes along afterwards, and it is nice to be able to correct it. Most who are following along in context will not be derailed by a typo, but those who come after might. Anyway, I like it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ah, that clears that up, ty

It's there for people like me, :D.... who post, and then like Scott said...I see that I said something kind of clunky , so I edit it to make more sense. Or misspelled something.
Yes it could be misused...but like lForrest said...if a person quotes a post , kind of hard to go back and say.." I never said that " LOL
WHEN I see glaring bad spelling in mine that someone has quoted..then I WISH it was possible to edit within a quoted post!! :D :) ;)