Are wedding rings sacramentals?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teller

Mar 15, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
Armenia
I'm a newer christian and plan on getting engaged within the next year, is there anything about wedding rings I should know as a newer catholic?

Reactions: dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm a newer christian and plan on getting engaged within the next year, is there anything about wedding rings I should know as a newer catholic?
maybe the question that needs asking is, 'is there anything about Catholicism that needs asking as a new Christian?'

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

cruiseson

Mar 15, 2022
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had a ceremony in Church, my husband bought a ring from a diamond store, which claims that you can only buy an engagement ring for your lifetime true love, it is perfect for our ceremony. It is made of 18k gold, and it is designed with a bridal bouquet-inspired setting.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We had a ceremony in Church, my husband bought a ring from a diamond store, which claims that you can only buy an engagement ring for your lifetime true love, it is perfect for our ceremony. It is made of 18k gold, and it is designed with a bridal bouquet-inspired setting.
Your husband? Your profile says you are male?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wipes their credibility for me, at the outset.
maybe the question that needs asking is, 'is there anything about Catholicism that needs asking as a new Christian?'
Your husband? Your profile says you are male?
Three responses/posts on this thread and ALL of them meet the description of a Internat Troll.......CONGRATULATIONS...You did it AGAIN!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Notice the difference between your posts and everyone else's kiddo?

@Teller welcome to this site. The Church, to the best of my knowledge, has no special rules on wedding rings. There are some traditions...but no specific expectations on what kind of ring, style etc.

Respectfully, Mary

How do you stop an Internet troll?
Seize their memes of production.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Three responses/posts on this thread and ALL of them meet the description of a Internat Troll.......CONGRATULATIONS...You did it AGAIN!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Notice the difference between your posts and everyone else's kiddo?

@Teller welcome to this site. The Church, to the best of my knowledge, has no special rules on wedding rings. There are some traditions...but no specific expectations on what kind of ring, style etc.

Respectfully, Mary

How do you stop an Internet troll?
Seize their memes of production.
You best shot Mm is to categorise. These are the tools you use. This is how you hope for the ascendancy!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't get a bulky wedding ring. They get caught on stuff and hurt your other fingers. That's what I did for my mens ring. It was annoying.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you stop trolling? Use a fly:
Cant-Fly-Out-Of-An-Open-Window-Funny-Meme.jpg

Reactions: Marymog

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No bible references mention that wedding rings are sacramentals. But wedding and marriage are. So there's nothing special about rings, but the meaning of rings. A wedding ring shall be a commitment to love and responsibilities. I heard of an engagement ring store named darryring that can only customize a ring for the only love in lifetime. I think that represents a sacramental marriage.
Hi @Jibbitay It's hard anyway to see divorce and remarriage truly defended in Scripture.

Some couples even have their wedding ring fingers tattooed: again, I reckon the strong idea is permanence, right?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Jibbitay It's hard anyway to see divorce and remarriage truly defended in Scripture.

Some couples even have their wedding ring fingers tattooed: again, I reckon the strong idea is permanence, right?

Could it be that the couple ask their partner to get a tattoo ring on their "wedding ring finger" so that they cannot simply remove their respective gold or platinum wedding ring from their finger if they have a desire to stray?

One could argue that a tattooed "wedding" ring on their wedding finger could shows a lack of trust of their partner if they suggest that they should get one, or a level of commitment where the "tattooed wedding ring" cannot be removed in the same manner like a wedding ring from a jeweller can.

It is not what is worn on the wedding finger that matters. It is the commitment that the married couple have to each other that is important.