Are You of Israel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you of Israel?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not of Israel; you are not in covenant with YHWH.

(CLV) Hb 8:8
For, blaming them, He is saying, "Lo! the days are coming," the Lord is saying, "And I shall be concluding with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant,

Notice that it doesn't say one covenant for Jews and another for Pagans. There is only one covenant with Israel, in Yahshua. Let's read on:

(CLV) Hb 8:9
Not in accord with the covenant which I make with their fathers In the day of My taking hold of their hand To be leading them out of the land of Egypt, Seeing that they do not remain in My covenant, And I neglect them," the Lord is saying,

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

If you are not of Israel Yahshua wasn't commissioned for you.

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, [Yahshua] answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

OH! OH! But WE'RE grafted IN! Grafted into what?

(CLV) Ro 11:17
Now if some of the boughs are broken out, yet you, being a wild olive, are grafted among them, and became joint participant of the root and fatness of the olive,

What is this olive tree?

(CLV) Jer 11:16
A flourishing olive tree, lovely with shapely fruit, Yahweh had called your name; But with the sound of a great din, He will ravage its leaves with fire, And its branches will be smashed.

(CLV) Jer 11:17
Yahweh of hosts Who planted you has decreed evil against you owing to the evil of the house of Israel and the house of Judah, which they have done for themselves to provoke Me to vexation by fuming incense to Baal.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Ephesians 3:6.

(CLV) Eph 3:6
the nations are to be joint enjoyers of an allotment, and a joint body, and joint partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus, through the evangel

Future tense. When they are joined to the body; they become one. They are Israel.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow, has the Gospel of Christ and grace completely eluded you? Are you unfamiliar with the Covenant of Faith that God made with Abraham (Genesis 18:18, Genesis 22:18, Genesis 26:4-5)? Did you not understand Paul's exposition on the mystery of the Church (Colossians 1:25-27)?

You have completely, and beyond ignorantly and incompetently, undermined the true Gospel of Redemption and Faith.

1 Corinthians 1:24
1:24. but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 12:13
12:13. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Romans 1:13-16
1:13. I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that often I have planned to come to you (and have been prevented so far) so that I may obtain some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles. 14. I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. 15. So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome. 16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:9-11
2:9. There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10. but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11. For there is no partiality with God.

Romans 10:12-13
10:12. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13. for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Galatians 3:28
3:28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:9-11
3:9. Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices, 10. and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him-- 11. a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10:12. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek

You hit the nail on the head right here.

All are one in Yahshua. All are one in Israel. All are one in covenant with YHWH.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow, has the Gospel of Christ and grace completely eluded you? Are you unfamiliar with the Covenant of Faith that God made with Abraham (Genesis 18:18, Genesis 22:18, Genesis 26:4-5)? Did you not understand Paul's exposition on the mystery of the Church (Colossians 1:25-27)?

You have completely, and beyond ignorantly and incompetently, undermined the true Gospel of Redemption and Faith.

1 Corinthians 1:24
1:24. but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 12:13
12:13. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Romans 1:13-16
1:13. I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that often I have planned to come to you (and have been prevented so far) so that I may obtain some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles. 14. I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. 15. So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome. 16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:9-11
2:9. There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10. but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11. For there is no partiality with God.

Romans 10:12-13
10:12. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13. for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Galatians 3:28
3:28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:9-11
3:9. Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices, 10. and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him-- 11. a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.

Thank you for setting out those verses and I noticed that not one of them said the gentiles are Israel.

Reactions: Stan B and DNB

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
(CLV) Eph 3:6
the nations are to be joint enjoyers of an allotment, and a joint body, and joint partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus, through the evangel

Future tense. When they are joined to the body; they become one. They are Israel.

Nowhere in scripture does it say they become Israel. For example, I am one with my brothers and sisters in Christ in Tunisia but that does not make me Tunisian.

Reactions: Stan B

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You hit the nail on the head right here.

All are one in Yahshua. All are one in Israel. All are one in covenant with YHWH.
How in the world do you so ignorantly equate being one with Christ, as being one with Israel?
All nations are one under Christ, no more male or female, master or slave, Jew or Gentile, Semite or Caucasian, rich or poor, tall or short,...

Israel near the ends of its monarchy, was a very small nation that was utterly decimated under the auspices of God. There are barely any authentic tribes left. The temple has been destroyed, the Levitical rituals and sacrifices have ceased, the Jews have not worshiped God as prescribed in the Law for the last two thousand years. God has sent a profound and emphatic message of the completion and abrogation of His Law, by Christ. No more dietary laws, sabbaths or circumcision. The yoke and curse of the Law has been removed.
All nations are now one under Christ. A mystery that, even after explanation by Paul, has completely eluded you (Colossians 1:25-27)!

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How in the world do you so ignorantly equate being one with Christ, as being one with Israel?

Again:

"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

Now He, [Yahshua] answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for setting out those verses and I noticed that not one of them said the gentiles are Israel.
Yes, that's right. And, in my opinion, the implication is that it is actually the contrary, i.e. being an Israelite has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on one's redemption, or receiving approbation from God. To the point that it is even an offense to be a Judiazer (Galations 5:12).

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in scripture does it say they become Israel. For example, I am one with my brothers and sisters in Christ in Tunisia but that does not make me Tunisian.

Again, YHWH's covenant is with Israel.

If we are one in covenant; and the covenant is with Israel; then we are one in covenant with Israel.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gentiles are the nations, the heathens the Pagans. We die to Paganism when we are reborn in Yahshua.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again:

Hebrews is a very profound and comprehensive book. It touches on many facets of the Gospel. You have selectively and foolishly, only quoted a portion that is not indicative of the overall message of the book.

An extremely concerted and final effort was made to redeem the Jews, but after countless rejections and hostility, the message was sent to the Gentiles, in order to arouse the Jews to jealousy, and for God to show mercy to all nations. Eventually His mercy will return to the Jews again.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews is a very profound and comprehensive book. It touches on many facets of the Gospel. You have selectively and foolishly, only quoted a portion that is not indicative of the overall message of the book.

I look forward to your expanding the passage to put it in to your alleged proper context. Such an accomplishment would be far more productive than these continued ad hominem fallacies.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An extremely concerted and final effort was made to redeem the Jews, but after countless rejections and hostility, the message was sent to the Gentiles, in order to arouse the Jews to jealousy, and for God to show mercy to all nations. Eventually His mercy will return to the Jews again.

I trust that you are aware that correlation does not equate to causation. No?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, YHWH's covenant is with Israel.

If we are one in covenant; and the covenant is with Israel; then we are one in covenant with Israel.
Being one in covenant with Israel does not make you a Jew unless you prefer to ignore scripture.

The USA is in covenant with Australia on defense matters but that does not make Australians Americans.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I look forward to your expanding the passage to put it in to your alleged proper context. Such an accomplishment would be far more productive than these continued ad hominem fallacies.
You go on about people using ad hominem fallacies so I can't understand why you use them all the time.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I still notice that not one of the verses say we are ISRAEL.

YHWH made a covenant with Israel. It doesn't say anything about a second covenant with Pagans. Yahshua was commissioned ONLY for Israel.

Now if I'm to understand this, ONLY excludes everyone but Israel. So if Yahshua came for me; I am Israel.

It's quite simple actually.