Ark of the Covenant in Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The book of Revelation talks of the ark in heaven. If that is where it is, why is there so much talk about finding it and where it is?
Could claims that the ark was not in Herod's temple be fake news?
Seems like a lot of room for discussion

Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

(image from Can archaeologists find the Ark of the Covenant? )

Reactions: dev553344

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Revelation talks of the ark in heaven. If that is where it is, why is there so much talk about finding it and where it is?
Seems like a lot of room for discussion

Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

(image from Can archaeologists find the Ark of the Covenant? )

The Ark made by man and dwelt on this earth was a replica of the original in the tabernacle in heaven.

Everything in the temple, all the sacred vessels were a replica of what was in heaven. Heb. 9:23-24.

In Rev. the Ark seen is the original. It is the pattern for the earthly Ark.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ark made by man and dwelt on this earth was a replica of the original in the tabernacle in heaven.

Everything in the temple, all the sacred vessels were a replica of what was in heaven. Heb. 9:23-24.

Also see Heb. 8:5. Forgot this one. All of these replicas represented Christ and what He would do on the Cross to redeem man.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Except that the staff of Aaron was real. The tablets of stone were made here. So if there was an ark in heaven that contained the manna that fell, and the tablets and the staff of Aaron, then there seem to be only two alternatives. One is that they are mere replicas and not the actual real thing. The other possibility I see is that the original was transported into heaven. I cannot believe heaven is in the forgery or making copies that look like the real thing business. Therefore that verse does not apply in the way you seek to try to apply it at all.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also see Heb. 8:5. Forgot this one. All of these replicas represented Christ and what He would do on the Cross to redeem man.
The ark of the covenant was not a replica! It was made here and contained real things in it. So yes, the commandments originated in heaven, but the tablets of stone were made right here. The ark was, I would think, unique. If there was any replica here of the ark and contents it would not be the original made here. How would a pre existing ark of the covenant in heaven contain tablets of stone and a rod and food that fell in the desert on earth? How would that work, would we have the rod of Aaron in it also before Aaron was even born?

Looking quickly into why they claim the ark was not in Herod's temple what I found was that the Roman who entered that area said there was nothing in it. That means nothing at all if it was taken to heaven the moment Jesus died (and the veil of that place where it was was torn in two)

Reactions: Nancy

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone ever heard of the Old Testament types and shadows ~ which, in those and through the prophets, was how God spoke to the Israelites ~ of Christ? My goodness. And in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son. This is Hebrews 1:1-2, by the way. But yes, Christ Jesus said on more than one occasion that what Moses and the prophets wrote ~ the entirety of what we today know as the Old Testament ~ was/is about Him. The ark of the Covenant is a type/shadow to come. As was Noah's ark. As was the manna. As was the Joseph of Genesis. As was... well, the list goes on and on and on... If the ark of the covenant still exists, there are different theories as to where it might be, northeast Africa being one of them, but it really matters not.

Grace and peace to all.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyone ever heard of the Old Testament types and shadows ~ which, in those and through the prophets, was how God spoke to the Israelites ~ of Christ?
The ark of Noah was a real boat. There are many lessons we can draw from that. However it was real, and so was the ark of the covenant. Being able to see deeper truths in those things does not in any way take away from the reality. The ark is said to be missing. That is a real object that is missing. We see that ark in heaven, so I do not consider it missing at all. No mystery where it went when Jesus was killed.
My goodness. And in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son. This is Hebrews 1:1-2, by the way. But yes, Christ Jesus said on more than one occasion that what Moses and the prophets wrote ~ the entirety of what we today know as the Old Testament ~ was/is about Him.
So it was but that does not mean there is no Jerusalem, no ark and no ark of the covenant etc. If the ark was taken the moment Jesus died for us then how is that NOT about Him??
The ark of the Covenant is a type/shadow to come.
It is also a real object containing real other objects.
If the ark of the covenant still exists, there are different theories as to where it might be, northeast Africa being one of them, but it really matters not.
Since the bible says it is in heaven, it matters! The significance of it being taken up and when matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ancient and Nancy

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi dad.
I agree the ark seen in heaven IS THE ONE GOD HAD CONSTRUCTED HERE !

We serve a God of ALL possibilities not impossibilities!

He did not need to ask permission to retrieve this precious artifact.
No doubt when the veil was rent and it symbolically took out the barrier between man and God, there was no further need for it to remain here.

We have the ark in Jesus, who was within the veil.

Reactions: Nancy

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ark of Noah was a real boat. There are many lessons we can draw from that. However it was real, and so was the ark of the covenant.
LOL! Yes, I agree. But that does not diminish the fact that they were representative of Christ Jesus, the our Savior, Who carries us through the flood as the Ark did Noah and his family, and contains the Law in Himself ~ we are under the Law of Christ ~ as the ark contained the Law of God. the

Being able to see deeper truths in those things does not in any way take away from the reality.
Agreed. Sure.

So it was but that does not mean there is no Jerusalem, no ark and no ark of the covenant etc.
I never suggested such a ridiculous thing, dad.

You know... Okay, Revelation 11:19. John says, "Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail." You realize that Revelation is apocalyptic literature, and not to be read in a woodenly literal fashion, right? And Revelation is John's recounting of a dream, rather than stone cold reality, and highly symbolic of real things, right? And regarding this verse in particular, Jesus refers to Himself as the temple (and that He would rebuild it in three days; He was really foretelling His crucifixion and resurrection; John 2).

So yes, Noah's ark, the ark of the covenant, the manna ~ so many other very real Old Testament things... and people, like the Joseph of Genesis, who was in Egypt and a "savior" for the Israelites, and like Moses, who was a "savior" of the Israelites in the face of Pharoah, and like Boaz, who stepped in and became Naomi's kinsman redeemer in the book of Ruth... The Old Testament is filled from beginning to end with types and shadows of the true Christ of God to come. Jesus Himself said on more than one occasion that the entire Old Testament (Moses and the prophets) was about Him. He is the Object, dad. Christ Jesus is the Object of our worship and adoration.

No. If you find one there it is a fake I would think.
I think the government warehouse thing was a reference to the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark, dad. I think he was kidding with you. :)

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr E

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL! Yes, I agree. But that does not diminish the fact that they were representative of Christ Jesus, the our Savior, Who carries us through the flood as the Ark did Noah and his family, and contains the Law in Himself ~ we are under the Law of Christ ~ as the ark contained the Law of God. the
All the old testament was a picture. Nevertheless the topic here is what happened to the ark. Not whether the ark had spiritual significance etc.

You know... Okay, Revelation 11:19. John says, "Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail." You realize that Revelation is apocalyptic literature, and not to be read in a woodenly literal fashion, right?
Ah, there is your problem. That didn't take long. I see zero reason there was not real thundering at that great moment Revelation speaks of. We should take it then that you do not believe that there was an ark in heaven then?

And Revelation is John's recounting of a dream, rather than stone cold reality,
Not in any way is that remotely similar to the truth. Revelation was a revealing and a trip to heaven etc. Not some dream. He was taken up there to hear and to see.
and highly symbolic of real things, right?
Even the symbols represent reality greater than the reality we know. You cannot wave them away.
And regarding this verse in particular, Jesus refers to Himself as the temple (and that He would rebuild it in three days; He was really foretelling His crucifixion and resurrection; John 2).
No. Just because no temple is needed in new Jerusalem and Jesus is the 'temple' there, that does not mean that there also was not a temple of His also there! Not yours, His. In His temple was that ark. There is no way I will let you wave away the fact that the ark is there as we speak.

Now I think some people try to say it is ANOTHER ark, or some such. Sort of like an original ark, and the one on earth they say was just a copy or blah blah. But at least they seem to believe some ark is there!

So yes, Noah's ark, the ark of the covenant, the manna ~ so many other very real Old Testament things... and people, like the Joseph of Genesis, who was in Egypt and a "savior" for the Israelites, and like Moses, who was a "savior" of the Israelites in the face of Pharoah, and like Boaz, who stepped in and became Naomi's kinsman redeemer in the book of Ruth... The Old Testament is filled from beginning to end with types and shadows of the true Christ of God to come. Jesus Himself said on more than one occasion that the entire Old Testament (Moses and the prophets) was about Him. He is the Object, dad. Christ Jesus is the Object of our worship and adoration.
Guess what there is a real Boaz in heaven also! Just because his life foreshadowed Jesus somewhat does not mean he is not in heaven and real.. The topic here is a real ark of the covenant and what happened to it. Like Noah and Boaz it is in heaven!

I think the government warehouse thing was a reference to the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark, dad. I think he was kidding with you. :)
I know. But I took the opportunity to point out that there was an exact replica made in the days of Solomon supposedly and brought to Ethiopia.
There were rumors it may even have been secreted back to Israel in the days of those Ethiopian airlifts. In any case, whether that happened or not (who knows?) if someone claims that they have the actual ark, and it dates to the right time etc, I will consider it a fraud.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi dad.
I agree the ark seen in heaven IS THE ONE GOD HAD CONSTRUCTED HERE !

We serve a God of ALL possibilities not impossibilities!

He did not need to ask permission to retrieve this precious artifact.
No doubt when the veil was rent and it symbolically took out the barrier between man and God, there was no further need for it to remain here.

We have the ark in Jesus, who was within the veil.
Great! That gives more glory to God than having it vanish for no reason. It also sheds light on what happened at the crucifixion when that curtain of the holy of holies was torn BY GOD!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It would appear that God supernaturally removed the Ark of the Covenant to Heaven just before the destruction of the temple by Nebuchadnezzar. And that is why it is seen in Heaven in Revelation 11:19.

At the time that Solomon had the Ark brought into the temple which he had built, only the two tablets of stone remained (1 Kings 8:9). However, originally it had (a) a golden pot with manna and (b) Aaron's rod which budded (Heb 9:4). But after the destruction of the temple, the Ark was not found on earth.

And after the redemption and restoration of Israel, the Ark will not be in the temple at Jerusalem: And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. (Jer 3:16)

This is all because when Christ finished His work of redemption, the way into the Holy of Holies was in Heaven, where the real Mercy Seat is found (Heb 4:16). The real temple of God is in Heaven (Rev 11:19).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear that God supernaturally removed the Ark of the Covenant to Heaven just before the destruction of the temple by Nebuchadnezzar. And that is why it is seen in Heaven in Revelation 11:19.

At the time that Solomon had the Ark brought into the temple which he had built, only the two tablets of stone remained (1 Kings 8:9). However, originally it had (a) a golden pot with manna and (b) Aaron's rod which budded (Heb 9:4). But after the destruction of the temple, the Ark was not found on earth.

And after the redemption and restoration of Israel, the Ark will not be in the temple at Jerusalem: And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. (Jer 3:16)

This is all because when Christ finished His work of redemption, the way into the Holy of Holies was in Heaven, where the real Mercy Seat is found (Heb 4:16). The real temple of God is in Heaven (Rev 11:19).
Some claim they may have found the Ark of the Covenant....(Jewish priests).