As christians is anger part of of lives?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger is a negative emotion that can follow frustration, disappointment, and injustice. It can vary from mild and short-term to intense and long-term.
w
PROVERBS 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath:but grievous wo rds stir up anger.

PROVERBS 15:18 A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger is a negative emotion that can follow frustration, disappointment, and injustice. It can vary from mild and short-term to intense and long-term.
w
PROVERBS 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath:but grievous wo rds stir up anger.

PROVERBS 15:18 A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.

James 1:18-20 KJV
18) Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20) For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Much love!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read just the OP title question, I think of the anger God showed in scripture. Even as Jesus.
I don't see anger as part of my life. Sometimes it comes in due to having a life of its own.

Meaning something or someone leads me to be angry. They didn't make me angry.I have to let them stir that in me.

And yes, that gives them that power of persuasion, leading to me abandoning peace of mind for a spell.

However, the way I see it, they shouldn't have sent out the invitation if they didn't want me to leave my place and come to their table. :)

Reactions: tsr and April_Rose

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is in Ecc 3 that it is said there is a season for everything. Hate is not listed, but war and hate are.

Eph 4:26 says be ye angry and sin not. Let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

We are in the flesh and I believe that we will be angry at times. Its just a matter of how we handle it.

Reactions: Amazed@grace