As the Deer Pants

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shared with permission.

I was looking through some old photos this morning & I ran across this one... This is my son (a few years ago), he was swimming in the pond. My neighbor is a logger & he found two baby deer while working & they became tame. They were like puppies, they would lay in your lap. Any way it made me think of this...
In the 42nd psalm it says : "As the deer pants for streams of water so my soul pants for you, my God."
I have read that many times and even heard it read , but never really thought about what it was that he was trying to imply. But check this out.
For the most part , Israel isn't a thriving rain forrest , it's hot, it's dry, it's a desert and you need water near by if you want to have any chance of survival. And deer know that. Deep deep down inside the deer know that if they are to keep on going then they must have water and so they pant after it, they desire it, they want it. And when the writer of this psalm wrote this , he also knew it was just as important... no even more important , if he wanted LIFE , he knew where he was to find it . . . In God. He said his soul pants for God , he desires, he wants , he thirst after the one true God that can quench his thirst, he desired " living water " from the only source that can provide it. Way way deep down in our souls we all desire it, I believe God put the desire there so we would never be completely satisfied UNTIL we drank from the fountain of life. And I hope that we are never completely satisfied so we will always want more!
View attachment 222

Attachments

• 10624615_10203151225642028_749455513432962352_n.jpg
    10624615_10203151225642028_749455513432962352_n.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 19

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deer pants? I need a pair of them.....

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The deer pants make you pant in the summer heat. Homophones, homophones, where the crews go cruising down the plane. Or is it homonym? Where's school house rock when you need it? :p

gospelfellowships

Mar 4, 2016
"As the deer pants for streams of water so my soul pants for you, my God."

This needs to be our daily reminder to seek after the Lord and know Him.