Ascension on the fortieth day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
First day Jesus was seen

Now Jesus was first seen by Mary Magdalene “risen, on the First Day of the week.” Mark 16:9. In the sixth week after, on the Fifth Day of the week therefore, on the 26th day of the Second Month, it was the fortieth day that Jesus “had shown Himself alive after his suffering” (Acts 1:3a) and declared his disciples, “my witnesses”, because they were “witnesses of his Resurrection”, and were entitled to “take part of this ministry and apostleship.” Acts 1:22,25.

The “fortieth day Jesus was seen of them”, became known as ‘Ascension Thursday’.

So “6When therefore (on that “fortieth day”) they were come together, they (the disciples) asked Him, Lord, wilt Thou at this time (immediately) restore again the kingdom of Israel? And He said unto them, It is not for you, to know the times or the seasons which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power after the Holy Spirit is come upon you”—ten days on, on Pentecost, the “Fiftieth Day” which was also “fifty days counted from (and including) the day that ye wave the first sheaf before the LORD”— Jesus’ Resurrection Day “after, the sabbath” of the passover, the 15th of the First Month.

“6When therefore (on the “fortieth day He was seen of them”) they were come together, Jesus said to them, Ye shall be my witnesses—apostles—both in Jerusalem and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”

Why on the fortieth day that Jesus was seen by his disciples?

Because of the correlation between the separation of the passover lamb “on the tenth day of the First Month” (‘Palm Sunday’), ten days before “First Sheaf Wave Offering Before the LORD”, “on the sixteenth day of the First Month”, when Jesus rose from the dead and “finished to cleanse the sanctuary”, and Jesus’ Ascension ten days before Pentecost (or ‘Shavuot’ or “The Fiftieth Day”, “counted”), in preparation for the Outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the 5th day of the Second Month.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus' Last Passover of Yahweh
was from the tenth day of the First Month

Lamb Separated

Exodus 12:3-6
On the tenth day they shall take every man a lamb ... ye shall TAKE it OUT FROM / AWAY (separate / sanctify) [laqach] the sheep and ye shall guard / ward it off (separate / sanctify) [mishmereth] it ....

.... up until the fourteenth day of the First Month...

Mark 15:34,35
καὶ τῇ ἐνάτῃ ὥρᾳ ἐβόησεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς φωνῇ μεγάλῃ
At the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,

Ἐλωῒ Ἐλωῒ λαμὰ σαβαχθανεί; ὅ ἐστιν μεθερμηνευόμενον
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachtani? which is, being interpreted,

Ὁ Θεός μου ὁ Θεός μου, εἰς τί ἐγκατέλιπές με;
My God, my God, why hast thou separated / sanctified (forsaken) me?

Matthew 27:46,47
περὶ δὲ τὴν ἐνάτην ὥραν ἀνεβόησεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς φωνῇ μεγάλῃ λέγων
about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,

Ἡλεὶ Ἡλεὶ λεμὰ σαβαχθανεί; τοῦτ’ ἔστιν
Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani? that is to say,

Θεέ μου θεέ μου, ἵνα τί με ἐγκατέλιπες;
My God, my God, why hast thou separated / sanctified (forsaken) me?

.... and Sacrificed

Johannes 19:28
Μετὰ τοῦτο εἰδὼς ὁ Ἰησοῦς ὅτι ἤδη πάντα τετέλεσται,
After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished,

ἵνα τελειωθῇ ἡ γραφὴ, λέγει Διψῶ.
that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. (Isaiah 58:5-10)

10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th = 5 days of the "forty days" to ten days before Shavuot

Exodus 12:8 "They shall eat the flesh in That Night with unleavened bread" -
"This is That Night" Exodus 12:42 - "on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast (sabbath) of unleavened bread" Leviticus 23:6.

2Chronicles 29:17c "On the eighth day of the month they came to the porch of the LORD (to the city). So they sanctified the House of the LORD in eight days...."

8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th = "eight days" - "sanctified" / "separated", "through the veil - that is to say, his flesh" -- the body of Jesus BURIED (cf. Hebrews 10:20; 6:19; 9:3).

And in the sixteenth day of the First Month they made an end (rested on the Sabbath. Cf. 18 to 31 and compare with Exodus 15.)
10th (Sunday), 11th (Monday), 12th (Tuesday), 13th (Wednesday), 14th (Thursday), 15th (Friday), 16th (Sabbath) = 6 days before, and 1 day - "the first day count(ed)" of, the "fifty days".

Last edited: