Asking Prayer for Healing.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At the moment I am feeling I am between a rock and a hard place..

My health has taken a turn for the worse.
My spirit is fine, it's just the body part of the 'me' that I am which needs your prayers.
Back in 2011 My heart went into atrial fibrillation. For those who don't know..that is when the heart does not beat, it quivers but it does not squeeze the blood through. The blood pools at the bottom in the two lower chambers of the heart ( which is obviously very dangerous, stroke wise)
God's miracle in keeping such people alive is to have an electrical flash hit the side of the wall of the left chamber, that in turn hits the middle wall so that the right chamber has a quivering pulse.. simulating a beat. All this obviously causes weakness in the body..foggy brain and the person is always very conscious that the heart is not beating strongly and normally as it should.
Over the years since 2011 I have had numerous incidents of this, sometimes every three days...or every 6 days..sometimes every 10 days. ( lasting from two hours to 6 days long! )
I got happy as within the last year I have had incidents when I have had a rest period of months between incidents, which was a lovely reprieve.

Well, I write this because two weeks ago and incident started and at 6 days ( the longest period that I experienced with A-Fib) it did not quit. Two weeks later I am still experiencing the atrial fibrillation!
cry.png

1) It is very unpleasant and debilitating and 2) the health risk is obviously very high..therefor I am always 'walking on eggshells' as it were, and waiting for the second shoe to drop. Not a nice way to live.
It is obvious that the heart cannot keep this up for years and years...

So, I am asking you for prayer...that when ever you have a free moment please pray that my heart converts back to a normal healthy beat.
And for continued peace and faith in my heart at all times.
Obviously I get attacked by the usual scenarios running through my mind if I allow myself to come under it's power rather than mastering it by the Spirit , and in peace.
Thanks...Helen
====================
"And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God... And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and every one's bands were loosed "
Acts 16:25-26

This is God's way. In the darkest hours of the night, His tread draws near across the billows.
As the day of execution is breaking, the angel comes to Peter's cell. When the scaffold for Mordecai is complete, the royal sleeplessness leads to a reaction in favour of the favoured race.

Ah, soul, it may have to come to the worst with thee ere thou art delivered; but thou wilt be delivered!
God may keep thee waiting, but He will ever be mindful of His covenant, and will appear to fulfill His inviolable Word.
~F. B. Meyer ~

Difficulty is the very atmosphere of miracle -- it is miracle in its first stage. If it is to be a great miracle, the condition is not difficulty but impossibility.

The clinging hand of His child makes a desperate situation a delight to Him.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"So, I am asking you for prayer...that when ever you have a free moment please pray that my heart converts back to a normal healthy beat."

You are part of the body; you do not have to ask to be fit into our busy schedule. You should come first, ByGrace. Always. You are so quick to give but shy to ask to receive.

Praying, and will keep praying for you, sister.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@VictoryinJesus I REALLY appreciate that. :)
I am feeling a bit as Moses did, he needed help it holding up his hands as Joshua fought in the valley...

"And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Joshua /Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun."

Thank you x

Reactions: amadeus and pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@"ByGrace"
Dear, dear Sister
I've just shared this information with my wife and we have you in our prayers. Just stand steady with Him and He will hold you here until He is finished with you here.

Each of us has a purpose in God's plan. Sometimes, I believe, people will step away from God too far and too often and He will release them from the work to go to the grave. Going to the grave is not a bad thing, if we are staying with God all of the time, or at least working as best we can to do so. You are one of God's workers. In the years I have known you, you have stayed on the Lord's side because you loved Him and worked hard to share with others what He has given to you. I am not calling you a sinless one, but from what I have seen your heart is right before God... or you try to always make it so.

We are praying for you.
Your brother in Christ always,

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus Thank you John...much appreciate it. :)
And please thank Kathy for me too.
The inside is doing well...it's the outside which is getting me down and failing me.

At times like this I am so very thankful for all the good friends I have made on the internet! And also for Christian fellowship on such sites. It keeps my focus from thinking too much about 'me'. :D

God is so good all the time...and we will constantly praise Him for His faithfulness.

Much blessing on your house....Helen

Reactions: amadeus and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The clinging hand of His child makes a desperate situation a delight to Him
Amen Helen.....Still joining you in prayer.....'The spirit is indeed willing but the flesh is weak'.....First time I ever got an actual scripture from Him, ( I only had a library borrowed Bible, not sure which one )...It was Eph 6:10 and in that translation it was worded like this :" Find your strength in the Lord and in His mighty power."....Not a lot, I know, but I can't tell you how many times I have had to lean on that.....Perhaps you have something which you know came from Him, that you can bring back into your reality, so it can do you good, in reality. If you know what I mean?
Blessing to you Helen...

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks to all who prayed. After three weeks of an uneven beat and racing heart..it finally kicked back into a correct even rhythm. My strength is slowly returning.
Praise God for keeping His hand upon me during the three dangerous weeks. ✟

Thank you all.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
At the moment I am feeling I am between a rock and a hard place..

My health has taken a turn for the worse.
My spirit is fine, it's just the body part of the 'me' that I am which needs your prayers.
Back in 2011 My heart went into atrial fibrillation. For those who don't know..that is when the heart does not beat, it quivers but it does not squeeze the blood through. The blood pools at the bottom in the two lower chambers of the heart ( which is obviously very dangerous, stroke wise)
God's miracle in keeping such people alive is to have an electrical flash hit the side of the wall of the left chamber, that in turn hits the middle wall so that the right chamber has a quivering pulse.. simulating a beat. All this obviously causes weakness in the body..foggy brain and the person is always very conscious that the heart is not beating strongly and normally as it should.
Over the years since 2011 I have had numerous incidents of this, sometimes every three days...or every 6 days..sometimes every 10 days. ( lasting from two hours to 6 days long! )
I got happy as within the last year I have had incidents when I have had a rest period of months between incidents, which was a lovely reprieve.

Well, I write this because two weeks ago and incident started and at 6 days ( the longest period that I experienced with A-Fib) it did not quit. Two weeks later I am still experiencing the atrial fibrillation!
cry.png

1) It is very unpleasant and debilitating and 2) the health risk is obviously very high..therefor I am always 'walking on eggshells' as it were, and waiting for the second shoe to drop. Not a nice way to live.
It is obvious that the heart cannot keep this up for years and years...

So, I am asking you for prayer...that when ever you have a free moment please pray that my heart converts back to a normal healthy beat.
And for continued peace and faith in my heart at all times.
Obviously I get attacked by the usual scenarios running through my mind if I allow myself to come under it's power rather than mastering it by the Spirit , and in peace.
Thanks...Helen
====================
"And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God... And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and every one's bands were loosed " Acts 16:25-26

This is God's way. In the darkest hours of the night, His tread draws near across the billows.
As the day of execution is breaking, the angel comes to Peter's cell. When the scaffold for Mordecai is complete, the royal sleeplessness leads to a reaction in favour of the favoured race.

Ah, soul, it may have to come to the worst with thee ere thou art delivered; but thou wilt be delivered!
God may keep thee waiting, but He will ever be mindful of His covenant, and will appear to fulfill His inviolable Word.
~F. B. Meyer ~

Difficulty is the very atmosphere of miracle -- it is miracle in its first stage. If it is to be a great miracle, the condition is not difficulty but impossibility.

The clinging hand of His child makes a desperate situation a delight to Him.
Hi ByGrace,
I'm just reading this.
I've had the same experience.
I don't mean to tell you what to do since I don't know what you're doing, but you should be on medication, for instance Toprol XL.

I surely hope you're seeing a cardiologist and that you're under his care. The pill should be taken for the rest of your life, every day, at the same time without skipping.

Please take care of yourself.
Maybe we aggravate each other sometimes, but I do love you in the Lord.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi ByGrace,
I'm just reading this.
I've had the same experience.
I don't mean to tell you what to do since I don't know what you're doing, but you should be on medication, for instance Toprol XL.

I surely hope you're seeing a cardiologist and that you're under his care. The pill should be taken for the rest of your life, every day, at the same time without skipping.

Please take care of yourself.
Maybe we aggravate each other sometimes, but I do love you in the Lord.

Thank you for that.
Yes, I was at the hospital 6 years ago..and under a doctor even since.
On 4 meds..one which is a blood thinner for protection again stroke.
One to control ( as best as possible) the heart rate..and two to lower blood pressure. More than enough drugs lol
I was signed out of the A-Fib clinic..once an episode starts there is nothing they can do. I have been told that.
I'm told to- "keep my blood monitored to make sure it is thin enough...and take enough of the med which lowers the heart rate...and monitor the rate" ( I have a machine) And I am told to ..." try and live as much a normal life as you can."

Yes, we do sometimes aggravate each other a bit, but it has kept my mind off my myself and my body over these last weeks...so thank you for the distraction. :)
We both believe what we believe passionately...which I think is a plus..and is better than being wishy washy or lukewarm. :D

Blessings...H

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thank you for that.
Yes, I was at the hospital 6 years ago..and under a doctor even since.
On 4 meds..one which is a blood thinner for protection again stroke.
One to control ( as best as possible) the heart rate..and two to lower blood pressure. More than enough drugs lol
I was signed out of the A-Fib clinic..once an episode starts there is nothing they can do. I have been told that.
I'm told to- "keep my blood monitored to make sure it is thin enough...and take enough of the med which lowers the heart rate...and monitor the rate" ( I have a machine) And I am told to ..." try and live as much a normal life as you can."

Yes, we do sometimes aggravate each other a bit, but it has kept my mind off my myself and my body over these last weeks...so thank you for the distraction. :)
We both believe what we believe passionately...which I think is a plus..and is better than being wishy washy or lukewarm. :D

Blessings...H
LOL
You mean should we sin more (argue more) that grace may about?(keep your mind off things)!

My son-in-law is experiencing this problem now.
Many are - at least here.
Will keep you in prayer.

My cardiologist, back then, had told me not to get tired and not to be stressed. I was raising two kids at the time...

th

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ah, guess they all have a Toprol XL deficiency, huh?
Funny?
Not funny for who has this problem.
Sometimes T XL doesn't work. And other things have to be done.

Seems hearts were stronger when we worked more, physically.
Or, maybe we just didn't know any better?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Funny?
Sometimes T XL doesn't work. And other things have to be done.
"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Seems hearts were stronger when we worked more, physically.
Or, maybe we just didn't know any better?
well, another difference, unrevealed, is that our Omega 3:6 ratio was 1:2 back then, and now it is more like 1:200. And you know what you body needs to make new cell walls? Omega3 and cholesterol. And you wanna know why no one is metabolizing cholesterol correctly anymore? etc.

See, you think you are just a human, just "GodsGrace," but there is more dna of other species inside you than there is of "GodsGrace." GG is really just along for the ride, and there are like up to 1500 other species (in a healthy gut, anyway) that have needs too; only speaking more generally most of them are gone now, and replaced by Candida, so now the cells that are "you" are much more on their own, only their cell walls are made out of crap now, lacking O3 as a building block, so instead of a nice, permeable cell wall that passes oxygen in, and waste out, in an organ that replaces every cell fairly frequently, heart included, contrary to the doctor crap that is still in the textbooks, what you got now is one big Symptom, and Other Things Will definitely Have To Be Done, that part you got right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Funny?
my dad had it, my uncle had it, another uncle is dying from it right now, and the one common thread is that they all eat out of a grocery store, and think Omega3 is silly tree hugger yack. Or at best they maybe rely on some fish oil supplement, equally crap.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will ask prayer for myself again...sorry folks...
Last night I had a horrible incident.
I was standing looking into a closet...and suddenly I got all confused, I felt very cold, and started shivering and I couldn’t think what I was doing standing there, I couldn't think straight.
I stumbled back to the couch , I was so dizzy.
Because of the dizziness I took my BP and it was very high.
Not sure if the BP was the reason it happened, or if the 'happening' raised the BP, no idea which order. Plus I was aware that the A-Fib had started again...so maybe it was that causing lack of oxygen to the brain....no idea.
I felt a bit nauseous and headachy too.
Still feeling a bit weak headachy today. It was far from a pleasant experience.
So I am laying low today...I'm feeling very weak....I would appreciate any prayer.
The inside 'man of the heart' is good...but the outside 'man' is failing me. Not much fun.
Dave is wonderful and he prayed over me..and it helped right away. ✟

One day at a time Lord.