Aslan and Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up with a mother in the Marine Corp and a dad in the Navy and born in Jacksonville, North Carolina near the Camp LaJeune Marine Corp Base. As a result of all the travel I did a lot of reading. One of my books that exists within my memory was the "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" of the CS Lewis Chronicles of Narnia series in which I would later learn, "Lewis revealed that he wrote Aslan as a portrait, although not an allegorical portrait, of Christ." On the reading of the "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" I found myself weeping along with the story.

My dad bought me a Yamaha 60 motorcycle around the age of 9. One day on traveling up what I called "the big hill" I turn around and almost run into a church bus. The door opens and a man by the name of Rod Moxely told me I needed to be in church. The story of Christ immediately made sense and I got saved at a very early age. Though there is no salvation in the name of Aslan the story did a good job of prepping my heart to receive the salvation of Jesus Christ.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was brought up with a mother in the Marine Corp and a dad in the Navy and born in Jacksonville, North Carolina near the Camp LaJeune Marine Corp Base. As a result of all the travel I did a lot of reading. One of my books that exists within my memory was the "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" of the CS Lewis Chronicles of Narnia series in which I would later learn, "Lewis revealed that he wrote Aslan as a portrait, although not an allegorical portrait, of Christ." On the reading of the "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" I found myself weeping along with the story.

My dad bought me a Yamaha 60 motorcycle around the age of 9. One day on traveling up what I called "the big hill" I turn around and almost run into a church bus. The door opens and a man by the name of Rod Moxely told me I needed to be in church. The story of Christ immediately made sense and I got saved at a very early age. Though there is no salvation in the name of Aslan the story did a good job of prepping my heart to receive the salvation of Jesus Christ.
I like your story. When i saw the film of the Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe I wept when the witch was turning Aslan's troops to stone or ice.
It's a good picture of how Christians can be rendered ineffective by circumstances or fear until the Holy Spirit breaches on them and releases them.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like your story. When i saw the film of the Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe I wept when the witch was turning Aslan's troops to stone or ice.
It's a good picture of how Christians can be rendered ineffective by circumstances or fear until the Holy Spirit breaches on them and releases them.
I also found myself liking the old author John Bunyan, who could also paint the good picture.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love both those authors and the books they have written. The voyage of the dawn treaded film really spoke to me ……..Lucy really wanting to be her sister and wishing herself away. She didn’t value herself. When Aslam speaks to her I was always in tears.
Rita

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a lot to think about from Pilgrim's Regress.

Much love!
Love that book, even though I only read half of it! I'm going to have to pick it back up. Funny, insightful and causes a lot of self reflecting. I am sure there is some history of the church ages I don't understand there too.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Never read the book but saw the movie. I don't read mech nonfiction, but CS is one author I have read. Movies rarely are better than books, so maybe I will add it to me reading list.

Best part of the film is when the child turned away from the sacrifice lion and heard the alter break with a loud pop! Chills!

Reactions: rockytopva

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have only read C.S. Lewis' non-fiction works. "The Problem of Pain" and "Mere Christianity" are must reads, in my opinion.
I started to read ‘ mere Christianity ‘ a few months ago, although I must admit it’s not a book that I have felt eager to read and not put it down. I struggled with ‘ surprised by joy ‘ as well. ‘Screwtape letters ‘ was an interesting read.
Rita

Reactions: rockytopva

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love that book, even though I only read half of it! I'm going to have to pick it back up. Funny, insightful and causes a lot of self reflecting. I am sure there is some history of the church ages I don't understand there too.
There is another allegory I love, The Heavenly Trilogy, Harry Blamires. He was a pastor for many years. Just as good reading!

1414527.jpg

followed by Cold War in Hell, and Highway to Heaven.

Much love!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that the Narnia books and Lord of the Rings made an attempt to teach concepts like manners, honor and morality.

There are intricate twists and turns to them which most do not notice.

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that the Narnia books and Lord of the Rings made an attempt to teach concepts like manners, honor and morality.

There are intricate twists and turns to them which most do not notice.

That's what makes the stories so epic! Layer upon layer.... and so cool to learn that Tolkein and Lewis were friends.

Reactions: Space_Karen

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it was Tolkien who led Lewis to Christ.

Lewis was deeply influenced by GK Chesterton’s book- The Everlasting Man and by George MacDonald’s -Diary of an Old Soul.

You’d likely enjoy both.

Reactions: Space_Karen