Assurance of salvation:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:24-27
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
NKJV

John 6:34-35
34 Then they said to Him, "Lord, give us this bread always."
35 And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
NKJV

John 6:46-50
46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father.
47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
NKJV

Acts 13:38-39
38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins;
39 and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
NKJV

Romans 4:5-8
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin."
NKJV

Romans 10:3-4
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
NKJV

Romans 10:10-13
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
NKJV

1 John 5:4-5
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.
5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
NKJV

1 John 5:9-13
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.
10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son.
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
NKJV

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
NKJV

35 And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
NKJV

46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father.
50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
NKJV

38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins;
39 and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
NKJV

5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;
NKJV

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
NKJV

10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
NKJV

4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.
5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
NKJV

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.
10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son.
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
NKJV
Yup - but NONE of these verses say a SINGLE WORD about "never" being able to LOSE that salvation.
The following DO . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind, deaf and dumb person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot "blot out" a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

There is no such thing as "Eternal Security" unless we cooperate with god's grace and remain faithful to the end.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

NKJV

AMEN!!! Totally. Well said.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i was just gonna post the first stanza, but then i found all these lyrics!

Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.

CHORUS
Plastic Jesus, plastic Jesus
Through my trials and tribulations,
And my travels thru the nations,

I don't care if it rains or freezes
As long as I've got my Plastic Jesus
Glued to the dashboard of my car,
You can buy Him phosphorescent
Glows in the dark, He's Pink and Pleasant,
Take Him with you when you're travelling far

I don't care if it's dark or scary
Long as I have magnetic Mary
Ridin' on the dashboard of my car
I feel I'm protected amply
I've got the whole damn Holy Family

You can buy a Sweet Madonna
Dressed in rhinestones sitting on a
Pedestal of abalone shell
Goin' ninety, I'm not wary
'Cause I've got my Virgin Mary
Guaranteeing I won't go to Hell

I don't care if it bumps or jostles
Long as I got the Twelve Apostles
Bolted to the dashboard of my car
Don't I have a pious mess
Such a crowd of holiness
Strung across the dashboard of my car

ALT CHORUS
No, I don't care if it rains or freezes
But I think he'll have to go
His magnet ruins my radio
And if we have a wreck he'll leave a scar

Riding through the thoroughfare
With his nose up in the air
A wreck may be ahead, but he don't mind
Trouble coming, he don't see
He just keeps his eyes on me
And any other thing that lies behind

ALT CHORUS
Plastic Jesus, Plastic Jesus
Though the sun shines on his back
Makes him peel, chip, and crack
A little patching keeps him up to par

When pedestrians try to cross
I let them know who's boss
I never blow my horn or give them warning
I ride all over town
Trying to run them down
And it's seldom that they live to see the morning

ALT CHORUS
His halo fits just right
And I use it as a sight
And they'll scatter or they'll splatter near and far

When I'm in a traffic jam
He don't care if I say Damn
I can let all sorts of curses roll
Plastic Jesus doesn't hear
For he has a plastic ear
The man who invented plastic saved my soul

ALT CHORUS
Once his robe was snowy white
Now it isn't quite so bright
Stained by the smoke of my cigar

God made Christ a Holy Jew
God made Him a Christian too
Paradoxes populate my car
Joseph beams with a feigned elan
From the shaggy dash of my furlined van
Famous cuckold in the master plan

Naughty Mary, smug and smiling
Jesus dainty and beguiling
Knee-deep in the piling of my van
His message clear by night or day
My phosphorescent plastic Gay
Simpering from the dashboard of my van

When I'm goin' fornicatin
I got my ceramic Satan
Sinnin' on the dashboard of my Winnebago Motor Home
The women know I'm on the level
Thanks to the wild-eyed stoneware devil
Ridin' on the dashboard of my Winnebago Motor Home
Sneerin' from the dashboard of my Winnebago Motor Home
Leering from the dashboard of my van

If I weave around at night
And the police think I'm tight
They'll never find my bottle, though they ask
Plastic Jesus shelters me
For His head comes off, you see
He's hollow, and I use Him for a flask

ALT CHORUS
Ride with me and have a dram
Of the blood of the Lamb
Plastic Jesus is a holy bar

There is nothin that is cuter
than a smilin Jolly Buddha,
Ridin on the dashboard of my car,
I don't have no idol cuter,
comes in plastic, bronze and pewter,
Take him with me when I go afar.

Jolly Buddha, fat and squattin,
on a pad of aspirin cotton,
He's with me wherever I may roam,
When it's late and I start to hurry,
I know he ain't gonna worry,
He looks at me and all he says is, "Oooommmmmmm."

There is nothing that is gaucher
Than eatin food that isn't kosher,
Right in front of my smilin Moses' face,
I'm afraid that he'll awaken
When I'm eatin ham or bacon,
And throw them Ten Commandments in my face.

I don't care if I'm broke or starvin'
As long as I've got a fish named Darwin
Glued to the trunklid of my car
God, I'm feeling so evolved
Drivin' with my problems solved
Proclaiming what I think of what we are

Riding home one foggy night,
With my honey cuddled tight,
I missed a curve and off the road we veered.
My windshield got smashed-up good,
And my darling graced the hood.
Plastic Jesus, He had disappeared.

cho: Plastic Jesus! Plastic Jesus,
No longer chides me with His holy grin.
Doctors in the X-ray room
Found Him in my darling's womb.
Someday, He'll be born again!

Long as I got my plastic Jesus
He's the dude with the rusty nails,
Walks on water, don't need no sails

I don't care if the night is scary
As long as I got the Virgin Mary
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car.
She don't slip and she don't slide
Cuz her butt is magnetized

Now I'm feeling quite contrary,
cos I got the Virgin Mary
Sitting on the dashboard of my car
There's no room for imperfection,
in my Catholic collection
Which sits upon the dashboard of my car

Jesus, Mary and St. Patrick,
now I've got the holy hat-trick
One more statue I've got to get
is the plastic Bernadette

Plastic Jesus, you've got to go,
your magnet's burst my radio
But I, won't lose faith and I won't lose hope
cos, now I've got a pope on a rope
Swinging from the dashboard of my car

Once as I drove to Knock,
at a petrol station I got a shock
at the special offers that they had for me
20 more points and I can barter for a Jesus with stigmata
to sit upon the dashboard of my car

Last edited:

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - but NONE of these verses say a SINGLE WORD about "never" being able to LOSE that salvation.
The following DO . . .

“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.

He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot "blot out" a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

There is no such thing as "Eternal Security" unless we cooperate with god's grace and remain faithful to the end.

Yes there is. You don't seem to understand that everyone has a sinful nature and will sin in the flesh. God does not make your flesh perfect.

The sin that Paul is talking about is the sin of rejecting God's salvation that He purchased by His own blood on the cross. A person can not fall away as long as they have placed their belief, faith, trust and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross. A work that the religious want to say is not enough.

But I already know you won't accept what I have said. But the scriptures I gave says the children of God are in the care of God. All you are doing is to try and get those under grace to go back under the law. A person cannot be under grace and under law at the same time.

If people are not saved by the work of Jesus on the cross then no one is saved. A person can not be saved by his/her works of not sinning. Why!! because there isn't a person on this earth that does not sin and that includes you.

But obviously there are some here that think they never sin any longer and they are here waving that flag of self-righteousness.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
***Yes there is. You don't seem to understand that everyone has a sinful nature and will sin in the flesh. God does not make your flesh perfect.

The sin that Paul is talking about is the sin of rejecting God's salvation that He purchased by His own blood on the cross. A person can not fall away as long as they have placed their belief, faith, trust and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross. A work that the religious want to say is not enough.

But I already know you won't accept what I have said. But the scriptures I gave says the children of God are in the care of God. All you are doing is to try and get those under grace to go back under the law. A person cannot be under grace and under law at the same time.

If people are not saved by the work of Jesus on the cross then no one is saved. A person can not be saved by his/her works of not sinning. Why!! because there isn't a person on this earth that does not sin and that includes you.

But obviously there are some here that think they never sin any longer and they are here waving that flag of self-righteousness.
ALL people who are saved are saved by the work of Jesus on the cross.
Salvation, however is a lifelong process NOT a one time event - and the verses I presented PROVE this fact.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL people who are saved are saved by the work of Jesus on the cross.
Salvation, however is a lifelong process NOT a one time event - and the verses I presented PROVE this fact.

They only prove it to you. If salvation requires the lifelong works of Man in order to be saved then the work of Jesus was not enough. Are you going to tell God that His Son's work was not enough?

According to the scriptures when a person is saved by God's grace it is a done deal, not a lifelong process. But if that is what you want go to it.

1 Cor 6:11
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
NKJV

The words "" WERE"" are past tense meaning it has been done.

I am not buying what you are selling.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They only prove it to you. If salvation requires the lifelong works of Man in order to be saved then the work of Jesus was not enough. Are you going to tell God that His Son's work was not enough?

According to the scriptures when a person is saved by God's grace it is a done deal, not a lifelong process. But if that is what you want go to it.
1 Cor 6:11
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
NKJV
The words "" WERE"" are past tense meaning it has been done.
I am not buying what you are selling.
And your comment in RED is completely wrong and Scripturally unsound.
Every verse that I presented earlier shows that salvation is something that can be LOST - if we don't cooperate with God's grace and endure to the end. If those verses mean something else - then explain each one.

I'm not "selling" anything for you to buy.
I'm just presenting the WORD of God. The choice is yours.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your comment in RED is completely wrong and Scripturally unsound.
Every verse that I presented earlier shows that salvation is something that can be LOST - if we don't cooperate with God's grace and endure to the end. If those verses mean something else - then explain each one.

I'm not "selling" anything for you to buy.
I'm just presenting the WORD of God. The choice is yours.
What do you think I am doing when I quote the scriptures? They come from the same Bible.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think I am doing when I quote the scriptures? They come from the same Bible.
Cherry-picking a verse or 2 OUT of context cannot dispel the DOZEN or so verses I presented that show conclusively that we CAN lose our secure position with God by our own doing.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following DO . . .

Romans 11:22; once again talking about castaways.
Those who don't belong.
At least they were warned.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:22; once again talking about castaways.
Those who don't belong.
At least they were warned.
Uhhh, no.

The FIRST part is talking about people who fell.
The SECOND part is about Born again Christians - and a warning for them NOT to fall back into a life of sinfulness.

YIKES . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CHORUS

Such a crowd of holiness

ALT CHORUS

ALT CHORUS

I ride all over town
Trying to run them down

ALT CHORUS
His halo fits just right
And I use it as a sight

For he has a plastic ear

ALT CHORUS

I got my ceramic Satan

ALT CHORUS
Of the blood of the Lamb

Walks on water, don't need no sails

I don't care if the night is scary
As long as I got the Virgin Mary
She don't slip and she don't slide
Cuz her butt is magnetized

Now I'm feeling quite contrary,
cos I got the Virgin Mary
There's no room for imperfection,
in my Catholic collection
Which sits upon the dashboard of my car

Jesus, Mary and St. Patrick,
now I've got the holy hat-trick
One more statue I've got to get
is the plastic Bernadette

Plastic Jesus, you've got to go,
your magnet's burst my radio
But I, won't lose faith and I won't lose hope
cos, now I've got a pope on a rope
Swinging from the dashboard of my car

Once as I drove to Knock,
at a petrol station I got a shock
at the special offers that they had for me
20 more points and I can barter for a Jesus with stigmata
to sit upon the dashboard of my car
You are now officially ignored by me for life.
@bbryd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, that romanist bible of yours is really something
Here is is in your King James Version - and it says the SAME thing, Einstein:

Rom. 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou (you) also shalt be cut off.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is is in your King James Version - and it says the SAME thing, Einstein:

Rom. 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou (you) also shalt be cut off.
Grow up pinocchio
KJV is a carbon copy of the romanist bible

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grow up pinocchio
KJV is a carbon copy of the romanist bible
Your ignorance is really overwhelming . . .

New International Version
Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

English Standard Version
Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

New American Standard Bible
Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

King James Bible
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Good News Translation
Here we see how kind and how severe God is. He is severe toward those who have fallen, but kind to you--if you continue in his kindness. But if you do not, you too will be broken off.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Therefore, consider God's kindness and severity: severity toward those who have fallen but God's kindness toward you--if you remain in His kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

International Standard Version
Consider, then, the kindness and severity of God: his severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness toward you—if you continue receiving his kindness. Otherwise, you too will be cut off.

NET Bible
Notice therefore the kindness and harshness of God--harshness toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness toward you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Behold therefore, the sweetness and the hardness of God; on those who fell, hardness, and on you, sweetness, if you abide in his sweetness, but if not, you will also be cut off.

New American Standard 1977
Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Behold, therefore, the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity, but toward thee, goodness if thou continue in his goodness; otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Douay-Rheims Bible
See then the goodness and the severity of God: towards them indeed that are fallen, the severity; but towards thee, the goodness of God, if thou abide in goodness, otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Darby Bible Translation
Behold then [the] goodness and severity of God: upon them who have fallen, severity; upon thee goodness of God, if thou shalt abide in goodness, since [otherwise] thou also wilt be cut away.

English Revised Version
Behold then the goodness and severity of God: toward them that fell, severity; but toward thee, God's goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

CHORUS

Such a crowd of holiness

ALT CHORUS

ALT CHORUS

I ride all over town
Trying to run them down

ALT CHORUS
His halo fits just right
And I use it as a sight

For he has a plastic ear

ALT CHORUS

I got my ceramic Satan

ALT CHORUS
Of the blood of the Lamb