At each others throats

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you all noticed we all are at each other throats lately and there are false people saying they are one thing but are not on the forum? Like denying Christ is God and man? Even in general society lately. It is as if Satan is throwing everything possible at all of us Christian or not in one final push. Like in a war the enemy knows they are going to lose but throws everything at the soldiers and civilians hoping to take some done with them. I just got this thought a bit ago and wanted to see what others thought.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new here and it is disheartening to see supposed believers in Christ treating others poorly. I came here to share and to learn in order to help myself and others to become closer to Christ. I hope others are here for that reason.

R

Rita

The forum has been that way ever since I joined, and even before I joined I was warned that I would need a thick skin !
We are told in scripture that the ‘ love of many will grow cold ‘ and it was addressing Christians, not the world.
We are a.so told that it will be because of lawlessness - which I believe was in reference to what would be going on around the Christians, so I guess we have to ask ourselves how we are reacting and responding to things happening around us. Does it make us give in to the human old nature which can lead to a whole array of emotional responses with one another, and towards those around us, or does it draw us to the Lord who can and does use situations.
Does your love for the Lord and the people who are lost grow or diminish - remembering Ephesians chapter 6 that pulls us to remember the real battle ground and the words to pray for one another.
Whether we like it or not every single human being was made in Gods image - everyone is valuable to him.
It strikes me that all I hear is hate towards those outside of the kingdom - the ‘ lefties ‘ is thrown around this forum constantly in a derogative manner. They are seen as the real enemy by many. They are the lost people we are called to witness and evangelise to .............
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you all noticed we all are at each other throats lately and there are false people saying they are one thing but are not on the forum? Like denying Christ is God and man? Even in general society lately. It is as if Satan is throwing everything possible at all of us Christian or not in one final push. Like in a war the enemy knows they are going to lose but throws everything at the soldiers and civilians hoping to take some done with them. I just got this thought a bit ago and wanted to see what others thought.
Why try to put all the blame on others? You seem pretty eager to put down people you disagree with. Do you think every thought in your head comes from God so anyone who disagrees must be getting his ideas from Satan? You are not a soothing influence.

Things don't seem as bad as they were in the early church. Remember when a group bishops beat one of their fellow bishops at a council so bad that he died shortly afterwards? At least Christians today don't do that.

Or we could be torturing "heretics" on the rack and burning them at the stake. Maybe some Christians today would like to do those things but the state has laws against it.

Last edited:

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forum has been that way ever since I joined, and even before I joined I was warned that I would need a thick skin !
We are told in scripture that the ‘ love of many will grow cold ‘ and it was addressing Christians, not the world.
We are a.so told that it will be because of lawlessness - which I believe was in reference to what would be going on around the Christians, so I guess we have to ask ourselves how we are reacting and responding to things happening around us. Does it make us give in to the human old nature which can lead to a whole array of emotional responses with one another, and towards those around us, or does it draw us to the Lord who can and does use situations.
Does your love for the Lord and the people who are lost grow or diminish - remembering Ephesians chapter 6 that pulls us to remember the real battle ground and the words to pray for one another.
Whether we like it or not every single human being was made in Gods image - everyone is valuable to him.
It strikes me that all I hear is hate towards those outside of the kingdom - the ‘ lefties ‘ is thrown around this forum constantly in a derogative manner. They are seen as the real enemy by many. They are the lost people we are called to witness and evangelise to .............
Rita

Nice post.

Another thing we should all remember is this. Even the most learned of bible theologians have minor scriptural disagreements. Do not hate and condemn another because they have an incorrect interpretation. And be confident that YOU (the reader) also does NOT have a flawless understanding of every utterance in the bible. Be charitable to those with less understanding just as you want Jesus to be charitable with you and your ignorance.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new here and it is disheartening to see supposed believers in Christ treating others poorly. I came here to share and to learn in order to help myself and others to become closer to Christ. I hope others are here for that reason.
Hi, K9, I’d like to give you a friendly suggestion. You may want to start threads on topics that are not so controversial on a Cristian forum. I’m not saying it’s okay for Christians to be hateful to anyone at all, but surely you knew that the topic you chose for your first thread would stir up strong emotions, especially the way you presented it.

Debates can get fierce, and I’ve seen just about everyone on this forum say things that are less than charitable, myself included. You may find that if you stay away from the heated debates, you will have a more pleasant experience if this is what you’re wanting.

At any rate, welcome to the forum, and I hope you stick around. :)

R

Rita

My bible reading this morning is Philippians chapter 3 - one verse stood out 3:12 ‘ Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect , but I press on to make it my own , because Christ Jesus has made me his own ‘
This was Paul, the author of so much that we read ,yet he has to acknowledge that he was not perfect.
In all honesty the Lord is not challenging me to look beyond myself right now, you know that high and mighty attitude that we can all have, so the verse was for me personally within the context of my own journey and in context of an ongoing conversation ..........
It’s interesting to consider , on reflection , how many christians place themselves above others with understanding when the Lord suddenly shows you something that makes you realise that you are perhaps in the same classroom as everyone else !!
The conversation I am having with the Lord is not over yet,have a feeling it’s going to be a humbling kind of lesson !!
Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People are here for a variety of reasons. Those who have an acid edge haven't known the one who forgives their great debt. Their words have no healing and personally, I leave them be. My ears are tuned to those who realise their frailty, to those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.......all else is strutting; a world of pretence lost in self deception

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, same here- but I don’t see it as a negative, or something sad - I see it as a natural transition to us being changed. In a weird way I kind of embrace those moments !
Rita
Yes, I am very thankful for those moments too! I used the frowny face emoticon because I've probably had more of those moments than most Christians. Sometimes, it seems that I'm constantly bombarded with doubts from the enemy. God has to remind me of His promises, sometimes in a very firm way. And I'm glad He does this because He brings me back to a place of peace.

Reactions: Heart2Soul and Rita

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may want to start threads on topics that are not so controversial on a Cristian forum. ...surely you knew that the topic you chose for your first thread would stir up strong emotions, especially the way you presented it.

Well, for the record, my first thread was where I asked who everyone's favorite preacher was.

I understand that it can be difficult to have one's beliefs challenged. If one is confident that their understanding of Jesus is infallible, why then would they become angry and offensive? I don't get angry with posters who express a different interpretation because I know that my understanding is very limited and that I am probably wrong about a great many things.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed there are some...but definitely not all are at each other's throats.
I believe the stress and concerns of what is happening in the world does have a profound impact on how we communicate to others.
I quit watching the news...drama, drama, drama is all you ever hear and it kept me in a state of constant anger towards the opposition.
My whole attitude has changed and I am at peace with myself and others.
One thing to try to overcome is responding in like manner towards someone who is being rude and insulting.
For every debate forum you visit go to a praise, testimonial, prayer or fellowship forum as well. If you stay in the debate forums then be prepared to debate others with a humble spirit...don't mirror what someone else does if it is negative.
My 2 cents worth:)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, for the record, my first thread was where I asked who everyone's favorite preacher was.

I understand that it can be difficult to have one's beliefs challenged. If one is confident that their understanding of Jesus is infallible, why then would they become angry and offensive? I don't get angry with posters who express a different interpretation because I know that my understanding is very limited and that I am probably wrong about a great many things.

Oh, sorry, it was the first thread I saw. So, it was your second thread.

As far as people being offensive, I can't speak for everyone, but did you not know that Christians have very strong feelings about gay marriage? When you say that you are FOR something that a lot of Christians are passionately against, you get some heated comments. Of course, you already know this. :)

It may NOT be a matter of having our beliefs challenged. When we see a stance taken on an issue we feel strongly about for various reasons, our reaction to comments may pack a punch. I'm sure that you have this type of reaction to certain things. I've been the recipient of these types of comments plenty of times. My first featured thread was about a topic that people have strong feelings about. I knew this when I posted it, but some of the comments were hard to swallow. So, I do know what you mean, but I don't have an answer because we can't control what others say, but we can pray about our own responses and try to speak the truth in love....

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed there are some...but definitely not all are at each other's throats.
I believe the stress and concerns of what is happening in the world does have a profound impact on how we communicate to others.
I quit watching the news...drama, drama, drama is all you ever hear and it kept me in a state of constant anger towards the opposition.
My whole attitude has changed and I am at peace with myself and others.
One thing to try to overcome is responding in like manner towards someone who is being rude and insulting.
For every debate forum you visit go to a praise, testimonial, prayer or fellowship forum as well. If you stay in the debate forums then be prepared to debate others with a humble spirit...don't mirror what someone else does if it is negative.
My 2 cents worth:)

Many political forums are cesspools of contempt and hatred, particularly for Christians. Actually, the irrational level of hatred from non-believers helped confirm to me that the scripture is correct about the world being controlled by Satan and how Jesus once said "If they hate you, remember, they hated me first" and "They will hate you because of me". Jesus was prophetic on many things. I have tried to proselytize to many of them to, I believe, no avail. No amount of information or logic could sway them and that made me believe that Corinthians 2:12 is also true. In other words, what I've read in scripture is being confirmed to me on a daily basis. The riots look like something that we'd see in the book of Revelations.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, sorry, it was the first thread I saw. So, it was your second thread.

As far as people being offensive, I can't speak for everyone, but did you not know that Christians have very strong feelings about gay marriage? When you say that you are FOR something that a lot of Christians are passionately against, you get some heated comments. Of course, you already know this. :)

It may NOT be a matter of having our beliefs challenged. When we see a stance taken on an issue we feel strongly about for various reasons, our reaction to comments may pack a punch. I'm sure that you have this type of reaction to certain things. I've been the recipient of these types of comments plenty of times. My first featured thread was about a topic that people have strong feelings about. I knew this when I posted it, but some of the comments were hard to swallow. So, I do know what you mean, but I don't have an answer because we can't control what others say, but we can pray about our own responses and try to speak the truth in love....

Well, I don't want to rehash that whole topic by hijacking this thread. I will simply say that, if one is uncomfortable discussing their beliefs, then they might want to avoid such threads.

I participate on a number of forums that cover a variety of topics. There are good posters and not-so-good posters. I don't necessarily mind rude posters if they make some salient arguments. What I dislike very much is reading posts that fail to teach me anything. I want to learn. Sadly, some posters are not worth reading, let alone responding to. I usually get around to putting such posters on "ignore".

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I don't want to rehash that whole topic by hijacking this thread. I will simply say that, if one is uncomfortable discussing their beliefs, then they might want to avoid such threads.

I participate on a number of forums that cover a variety of topics. There are good posters and not-so-good posters. I don't necessarily mind rude posters if they make some salient arguments. What I dislike very much is reading posts that fail to teach me anything. I want to learn. Sadly, some posters are not worth reading, let alone responding to. I usually get around to putting such posters on "ignore".

When I first joined a Christian Forum I was very excited and looked forward to meeting and fellowshipping with other believers. I quickly learned that there are some really mean people in these forums. As time went on I became easily offended and defended my beliefs with as much fire and ice as what was being dealt to me.
The Holy Spirit would convict my heart so then I had to repent and ask for forgiveness.
I would stay away for a few days until I felt prayed up enough to jump back in the "boxing" ring and converse with others without becoming offended. It was a major struggle for me.
I finally asked God to deliver me from this spirit of offense....and within a month I was no longer offended by others scorn and hateful comments.
It does try to return (that spirit of offense) but usually when I am tired or have had other issues going on.
IMHO we should all be encouraging and lifting one another up in love....the world doesnt want us so all we have is each other.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, K9, I’d like to give you a friendly suggestion. You may want to start threads on topics that are not so controversial on a Cristian forum. I’m not saying it’s okay for Christians to be hateful to anyone at all, but surely you knew that the topic you chose for your first thread would stir up strong emotions, especially the way you presented it.

I agree it was nothing but a troll post meant to stir up anger and angst. Coming into a majority conservative Christian forum and announcing one loves liberalism what do you expect. It is like me going to a forum for Dogs and saying Dongs stink and Cats rule! What should I expect, every one to say hey that's fine, no I should expect to be treated like the moron I was being. (BTW I love Dogs and Cats, this was an example :) )

That is the problem there are a lot of trolls coming in saying Christ is not who He said He is, people claim Christ and being fine with sin. It is Satan behind this I am sure