1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Atheists can go to heaven now!: Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'NonChristian Help Forum' started by VeganBuddhist, Jun 20, 2014.

1. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @bbyrd009
    Hmmm, very good. I recall such a thread now, but like many threads I would not have read every single post especially if there were many or many very lengthy. Maybe I'll to take a little more time on things. With regard to the various meanings that is certainly so although I would have trouble routinely separating them by a one word rather than another.

There are others in scripture similarly cause problems for people. One that immediately comes to mind is one often discussed here and elsewhere: hell.

Yet another not so often touched on in forums is love or charity. I don't always use a lexicon but sometimes. Since I habitually read the scriptures in German and Spanish, the comparison of those with the English gives me perhaps much of the same that your use of the Lexicon does.

Pisteuo and bbyrd009 like this.
  2. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    well, i hear you, i personally have 4 of the "belief" defs down, and the 5th strikes me as a repeat, which prolly means i don't get it yet i guess. Obv one synonym for faith is belief, but it seems quite disingenuous in the face of the fact that "beliefs" are not faith, or that i can use "believe" to even mean "think;" "i believe i will go have a sandwich."

3. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    i used to feel sorry for them, but i mean pls there is no hell at all in the Lex, and the pathway to scribes translating "hell" there is not even occluded, they can be traced via Google in about 1/2 hour or less. And i would not deny that the originals, from which "hell" is derived, are analogies, either; just where the analogies are to be applied has obviously been contorted

ppl accept a "hell" in the afterlife bc they want to, imo, after all where else might one condemn their enemies to, or dig holes for others to fall into? When anyone even mentions the word hell, other than to discredit the notion, imo they are just waving a big flag with the words "I'M BLIND" on it...and i'm right back to being a bad "manager," i guess lol

4. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    i've heard that that helps, yes, bc it is harder to mistranslate into Latinate languages, i guess? I'm German ("Stock"), and used to get by in it, but that was before i started seeking, and i've forgotten it all now. Seems like German would track with English more?

5. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes! The KJV has always been my English Bible from the time I first started reading a Bible in 1976. It corresponds better grammatically to Luther [German] and Valera [Spanish] so what is not clear in one is usually clearer in one of both of the others. But... having said that there is also no doubt in my mind that Holy Spirit is working through all of these things and then some. The "yes" was for the German.

Surprisingly my studies in German were much more helpful in my understanding of English grammar than all of my required English courses over the years. It is was also more helpful than the Spanish for reasons I won't go into here.

I had learned how speak English from memory long before I understood the structure at all. My study of German was extremely helpful in understanding the King James form of English. That language [KJ] in spite of its faults when understood expresses the scripture better by far to me than any other English version of the Bible. That is true for me. I speak for no one else.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  6. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Ah... I learned what hell is and what it is not according to scripture in a more round about way [that is of course as I see it]. I seldom get into hell too much [pardon the pun LOL] as a single subject any more. Some people are as insistent on their beliefs about hell as they are about the devil along with any of his supposed hangers on.

If the wrong person even reads this post I may find myself bombarded with...attacks? I really do not mind honest questions, but so many questions are not or at the very least they have their own underlying agenda.

Give God the glory!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Pisteuo and bbyrd009 like this.
  7. Mjh29

Mjh29 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Jesus said He is the way truth and life, no man gets to the father but by him.
    DO YOU WANT TO BE IN HEAVEN WITH JESUS? THEN YOU NEED TO BREAK OUT YOU BIBLE AND SEARCH FOR HIM!!!

8. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    maybe, but i'm not sure how this speaks to the point wadr