Atheists in Heaven !?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
it is stated that the Pope said there will be Atheists in Heaven - but it seems Christianity also states this - so who is going to accept or reject this and why ? - any comments - twinc

Last edited:

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not believe in GOD and JESUS ........There is only one way or / reason ?

If they were never told about GOD and JESUS .............. which kind of seems impossible ?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it is stated that the Pope said there will be Atheists in Heaven - but it seems Christianity also state this - so who is going to accept or reject this and why ? - any comments - twinc

Maybe. :) But it would have to be before they were 'let in'!!
If they are there, they would not longer be Atheists!!

Phil 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, ........ And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Yep...EVERY knee and tongue....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Phil 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, ........ And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
confessing, not professing, yes

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

like the Pope and Christianity you also say so but not how this will be - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
like the Pope and Christianity you also say so but not how this will be - twinc

Because twinc, I do not believe that any man who stands before the Lord ( as we all will) can help but be slain , he himself dead, but his soul comes alive when seeing the glory of Almighty God.

That is just what I believe.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Because twinc, I do not believe that any man who stands before the Lord ( as we all will) can help but be slain , he himself dead, but his soul comes alive when seeing the glory of Almighty God.

now that is a good answer well worth approval and acceptance except for the devils imho = like - twinc

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
now that is a good answer well worth approval and acceptance except for the devils imho = like - twinc

Agree...they, unlike mankind did not have a Saviour who suffered, bled and died for them...."to me" it is in seeing the great love and sacrifice that will finally sweep all the rebellion and indifference out of man's heart.... ✟

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We will all stand before the Lord, but at different judgments. But, no matter what the judgment we stand in, the dye is cast. If one rejected God and Christ then hell or the lake of fire is his destination. He will bow the knee by force. Not by his will. But it is too late.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We will all stand before the Lord, but at different judgments. But, no matter what the judgment we stand in, the dye is cast. If one rejected God and Christ then hell or the lake of fire is his destination. He will bow the knee by force. Not by his will. But it is too late.

Stranger

We shall see, wont we? ;)
You know that I cannot agree with you....but never mind...
Obviously one of us is wrong...it may indeed be me...
....but I will die believing that God paid the full price in Jesus Christ.
I will die maintaining that the price of Love was paid.
I will die believing that God is my Healer...even if I die sick.

But, on all that, we will have to wait until the end of the story is revealed.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is stated that the Pope said there will be Atheists in Heaven - but it seems Christianity also states this - so who is going to accept or reject this and why ? - any comments - twinc

Well, it first needs to be understood that the entire world, be they atheist or Hindu, is without excuse for not believing because Paul makes it very clear that even the eternal Godhead is revealed through the things that he has made.

(Romans 1:18-23) "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; {19} Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. {20} For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: {21} Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. {22} Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, {23} And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

It secondly needs to be understood that the entire world was already condemned before he even laid the foundations of the world, which is why his son was chosen as the lamb to be slain for its sins beforehand.

(John 3:16-17) "¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. {17} For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

However, it is not just what the world believes that is the reason why they are condemned, but because of its works which are evil, for God saw from the beginning that all have sinned and come short of his glory.

(John 3:18-21) {18} ¶ He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. {19} And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. {20} For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. {21} But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

Its not necessarily his atheism that gets judged at the throne judgement, but his deeds, or his works, and both Paul and John makes this very clear.

(Romans 2:5-9) "But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; {6} Who will render to every man according to his deeds: {7} To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: {8} But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, {9} Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;"

(Revelation 20:12-15) "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. {13} And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. {14} And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. {15} And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

So is it possible that there will be atheists in the new earth, or in the book of life to be more specific? Based on the scriptures, I would say yes (if you could even call them real "atheists" at that point), because they won't be judged according to what they believed, but according to their works. In other words, they won't be judged according to what goes into them, but according to what comes out, because its not what goes in you that defiles you, but what comes out of you. This will be entirely up to God to decide. To say that someone gets tossed in the fire all because of their atheism does not make for a just God, because this also includes the atheists throughout history who never even had a chance to hear the gospel to start with.

(Matthew 15:10-11) "¶ And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: {11} Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

Will every knee bow before the Lord? Yes they certainly will, and they will confess that Jesus is Lord, but that doesn't make them saved. Even the demons confess and believe that Jesus is Lord, and no Christian would ever say they are saved because of it. There will be many names not written in the book of life, but the reason why our names are written in the book is because of the blood atonement of Jesus Christ. We will face judgement, but it won't be the same type of judgement an atheist will face because ours will not include the works of darkness, or evil, because we are not in darkness, but the children of the light. This is why part of the Lords prayer is about not being led into worldly temptations, delivering us from evil. This deliverance from evil has been fulfilled in part already and will be fulfilled in whole at his second coming, which unlike the atheist, is why we will not face the lake of fire judgement.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You in your small corner, and I in mine. :)
We will have to wait and see won't we.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You in your small corner, and I in mine. :)
We will have to wait and see won't we.

Not really, not for me at least, because it depends on how you define what it means to be saved and how define what it means for the world being condemned. What are we being saved from and what condemnation will the world face as you see it?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed it does.
I 'used to' for 15 years, just like you...now for the last 20...I can't go there.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We shall see, wont we? ;)
You know that I cannot agree with you....but never mind...
Obviously one of us is wrong...it may indeed be me...
....but I will die believing that God paid the full price in Jesus Christ.
I will die maintaining that the price of Love was paid.
I will die believing that God is my Healer...even if I die sick.

But, on all that, we will have to wait until the end of the story is revealed.

I know your mind is set, but consider this. You are correct that Christ paid the full price. He died for all. But it was not just the 'price of Love', as you say. It was the price of love and righteousness. The love of God is certainly involved, 'for God so loved the world'. The righteousness of God is involved because it demands judgment upon sin. Thus at the cross God's mercy and peace and righteousness meet. (Ps. 85:10) (Ps. 89:14)

(1 Cor. 15:22) " For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." The emphasis being 'in Adam' and 'in Christ'. To be in Adam you must be born of Adam. And everyone in the human race is of Adam. That is a literal connection, not just a blanket statement.

And, 'in Christ' is not a blanket statement. There must be a literal connection and entrance into being in Christ just like there was a literal entrance into our being born in Adam. Thus we are literally born into the family of God, placed 'in Christ' due to our faith. (Eph. 2:8)

Any who do not come to Christ, remain in Adam. Faith is the only entrance. Once we die, we are not able to exercise faith. For we see, we are there.

A truer title of this thread would be 'are there any atheists in hell'. Answer: no.

Stranger

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

Stranger
Agree...they, unlike mankind did not have a Saviour who suffered, bled and died for them...."to me" it is in seeing the great love and sacrifice that will finally sweep all the rebellion and indifference out of man's heart.... ✟

no, no not quite - man will be saved in spite of himself and all the wiles and snares of human and satanic devils - twinc

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, no not quite - man will be saved in spite of himself and all the wiles and snares of human and satanic devils - twinc

Says 'you'. Not the Bible. Guess who I trust?

Stanger