Attention Everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would all members please read Angelina's thread ATTENTION MEMBERS...
It states that Christians are not to start threads here....
You can reply to threads....just don't create them.
I believe the purpose for this is to give non-Christians a forum to participate in without having to adhere to christian doctrine...?
Anyway, please create all future threads in the Christian Forums.
Thank You!
God Bless!
:)

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, but what about when it's time for my spooktactular Halloween party again? You told me to post it in here as well as everything else related to non-Christian stuff like Harry Potter, magic shows, and etc. Does that mean that they won't be allowed anymore? :( *Sad puppy eyes and doggy whimpers* (A lot of them have been big hits so far, the Halloween party especially.)

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, but what about when it's time for my spooktactular Halloween party again? You told me to post it in here as well as everything else related to non-Christian stuff like Harry Potter, magic shows, and etc. Does that mean that they won't be allowed anymore? :( *Sad puppy eyes and doggy whimpers* (A lot of them have been big hits so far, the Halloween party especially.)

Angelina did suggest we could start threads in the Fellowship Forum. I think it's the General Discussion Forum for us Christians.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw,.. I'm planning on having a virtual Easter egg hunt for Easter and I'm not really sure if that fits in with fellowship either because it doesn't celebrate the true meaning of Easter, it's just for fun. Of course we also have fun topics in fellowship so maybe that one would fit.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Would all members please read Angelina's thread ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS...
It states that Christians are not to start threads here....
You can reply to threads....just don't create them.

Have to say it seems extremely cowardly to create forum restrictions where non-Christians may not contribute to discussions started by Christians, but here Christians CAN contribute to non-Christian created threads. Hard to see the justification for it.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
What is the name of this website, again?

My experience of for example churches is that despite being called different things, they nevertheless invite non-Christians in and are more than happy to debate any topic with Christian and non-Christians alike.

Do you believe for example that because you call yourself a Christian, you have unquestionable authority on matters pertaining to the Bible?

Or could perhaps people who don't refer to themselves as Christian have a great deal of knowledge about the Bible and what it means?

Do you think non-Christians would have nothing useful to contribute on the topic of prayer? or suffering? or evolution?

What are you afraid of?

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My experience of for example churches is that despite being called different things, they nevertheless invite non-Christians in and are more than happy to debate any topic with Christian and non-Christians alike.

Do you believe for example that because you call yourself a Christian, you have unquestionable authority on matters pertaining to the Bible?

Or could perhaps people who don't refer to themselves as Christian have a great deal of knowledge about the Bible and what it means?

Do you think non-Christians would have nothing useful to contribute on the topic of prayer? or suffering? or evolution?

What are you afraid of?

Per the verse below, it would be silly to seek Spiritual advice from people who couldn't possibly understand.

1 Corinthians 2:14 NLT - "But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means."

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Per the verse below, it would be silly to seek Spiritual advice from people who couldn't possibly understand.

1 Corinthians 2:14 NLT - "But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means."

Wow, so you are suggesting that unless people are Christians they can't be spiritual? Really?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonbelievers believe differently then believers. So I like a place on a Christian website to go and discuss things among other Christians. Not that I don't stop talking to nonbelievers. But Bible study definitely can't get as deep without certain faith foundations. Every other site is for believers and non believers. But I like a place to serve the Lord with those who believe in Him and love Him as much as I do.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, so you are suggesting that unless people are Christians they can't be spiritual? Really?

Truth:

God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:24 NASB1995

Christianityboard is a place for worship. But there is a place for nonchristians to come also.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth:

God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:24 NASB1995

Christianityboard is a place for worship. But there is a place for nonchristians to come also.

Amen, and very well put. I enjoy talking with people of other faiths, including atheists and agnostics if the relationship is amicable enough. But there needs to be a safe haven where Christians can be able to talk together online. It's not something we would ever complain about where others are concerned, and I don't think it should be a problem for us as well, given that we just want a space to share thoughts and concerns with those who are likeminded and would understand.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's actually more than a suggestion. My experience is that there are only an extreme few who understand the Word of God. The reason? By sheer fact that we have this thing called a "Remnant," of which I believe that I am a member.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are you afraid of?

I think in the interfaith discussion, Christians or nonChristians can post threads/contribute.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Nonbelievers believe differently then believers.

And believers believe differently than other believers strangely enough. The journey of exploring each other's experiences and view points is the fertile ground in which new seeds are grown and come to produce much fruit.

So I like a place on a Christian website to go and discuss things among other Christians. Not that I don't stop talking to nonbelievers. But Bible study definitely can't get as deep without certain faith foundations.

You would be extremely surprised how "deep" you could go in terms of understanding the Bible if you put aside fears of discussing such matters with non-Christians. Faith has no real meaning if it can only exist in a protected comfy bubble. It's like saying you're a strong gladiator but never stepping into an arena to actually put that strength to the test.

James 1:3

"For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. "

Proverbs 1:5

"Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance"

Every other site is for believers and non believers. But I like a place to serve the Lord with those who believe in Him and love Him as much as I do.

Where do you think Jesus would be if he came again as a man? Do you think he would be spending his time on a forum bubble hanging out with the Christians nicely cocooned with like-minded people? Nope. He would be out talking to the non-believers without fear. For his faith is surely strong and true and willing and able to be challenged and tested.

There are threads in the Christian Debate section about Free Will vs Determinism, and other interesting topics. Do you really think that only the Christian perspective of this is valuable? Do you think the views of a Buddhist or Muslim or Hindu would have any value?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there is also a difference between wanting to learn the Word, and wanting to live the Word. I gleaned this today.

Milk - the elementary truths of God's word - Christ's ministry, repentance, faith in God, cleansing rites, laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, eternal judgment. IOW, the basic facts of the Christian faith.

Meat - "the teaching about righteousness...distinguish(ing) good from evil" (vs.13-14). IOW, the teachings of how to actually LIVE the Christians faith, as opposed to just knowing the hard facts about the Christian faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.