Attitudes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
I wrote the following after being on a forum that opposed my belief in studying the Bible from a dispensational viewpoint. Some were calling what I believe to be heretical and in doing so implying that I am a heretic. --- You might find it funny.Richard's reply:From what you have said in your replies you do not know anything about dispensationalism and it seems you do not really wish to know. However, I would prefer that you let others decide for themselves, or are you so inclined that you do not wish for me to express my opinions?As for your statement "I do want people to see the short comings in the position you are presenting" that is just fine. However, I don't think I would have said that to another person. The way you have expressed it is that I am the only one that has short comings and yet I have pointed out what I see as "short comings" of the orthodox view of James 2. Your statement "We have all demonstrated what James is saying and you have not" is a little self-grandiose isn't it? All you have done is express an opinion just as I have. Your opinion does not make it a fact.A forum is supposed to be a place where a person can express their beliefs without the fear that someone will want to wreck havoc on them for having them. I have been on forums for well over 12-years and people have said all kinds of things about me. I do not feel put out by it. They said those same things to, and about, Jesus. However, when some one gets too aggressive I make the follow comments to them and add their name to my "do not respond to this person under any circumstances" list.***Attitudes:Some wish to be religious policemen on the forums. They think that they know the truth in the scriptures, feel that others do not, and that the forum must be protected from those that do not believe as they do. When they enter into a discussion it is not to "share" what they believe but to "impose" what they believe on others or to destroy what another believes. This is a very serious attitude problem.What killed Jesus, Stephen, Paul and Peter? "The attitudes of people did!It is the same attitude problem that made the Pharisees charge (accuse) Jesus of being wrong and wanting to have Him killed. It is the same attitude problem that made the Pharisees charge (accuse) Paul of being wrong and wanting to kill him. It is the same attitude problem that made the Pharisees charge (accuse) Stephen of being wrong and wanting to kill him. It is the same attitude problem that made the RCC charge (accuse) others of heresy and have them burned at the stake. It is the same attitude problem that made Calvin have those of the RCC burned at the stake. It is the same attitude problem that made the religious people in Salem hang those they thought were witches. It is the same attitude problem that causes Muslims to kill others.This SAME attitude problem is found on forums in some of the posters. If a person dares to challenge another's believe system, then attack them, call them names, make fun of them, and above all else try to make yourself look superior to them by ridiculing them. It is an attitude that makes people rail against others, to denigrate and character assassinate another. It comes from insecurity and an evil heart that does not know what love is. The Children of God will not do it.Having the wrong attitude towards others has killed many in the name of religion. It will also get your name added to my "do not respond list." :naughty:Richard
smile.gif

FoC

Apr 11, 2008
Apparently Rich doesnt like being called on his speaking for Paul, since that is what this is about.Rich's thread"Calling Paul a liar"Where Rich then proceeds to tell people about a doctrinal view that, if they disagree with, they are disagreeing not with Rich himself, but with Paul instead.I simply tell Rich that *IF* his argument can stand it will stand on its own merit and he doesnt need to use this scare tactic to do so.This is a hallmark stunt pulled by many erroneous teachings ..."Pay no attention to the facts you see, *I* will tell you what Paul is saying"Apparently Rich took my words and exaggerated them into my being critical of him when they were simply meant to show him that many readers will lose all respect for an argument when it starts out with a title such as Calling Paul a liarInstead of being something like '"Evidence for Dispensationalism"Rich, if you dont want your views scrutinized, why on earth do you post them in a forum where folks are apparently allowed to do so ?You seem like a great chap and all, but maybe you should think about maybe setting up a website where no discussion is permitted so no one can tell you that they feel your views are in error.I stand by every word that Ive spoken in that thread.God bless

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
if there are personal issues between members they should be taken to PM. this thread is being closed.

FoC

Apr 11, 2008
A forum is supposed to be a place where a person can express their beliefs without the fear that someone will want to wreck havoc on them for having them.
Wreak havoc ?Do you see what I mean by 'exaggeration' ?No one was wreaking anything.You posted, I responded..simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.