Aussie and Kiwi politics and events

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So here's the latest, just found out that they want to ban horse riding in Victorian national parks. That is crazy!

Screenshot_2020-05-27-21-36-17-56.png

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can you believe what they are doing to our state we live in?

Unfortunately yes. And horse-riding is the least of the concerns (although I disagree with what they are doing there as well) - thanks for bringing this to my attention.

As someone once put it, Melbourne is more left than Seattle (and not geographically speaking). We have a state ran by not only a godless leader, but I suspect one that is heavily influenced demonically with decisions that are being made. Abortion, Euthanasia, and now tying hands with China.

Can we really expect anything good to come from such a leader - or good to come to a state where people want to reelect or reward such a leader (such as after the red-shirt scandal), and continue to promote wickedness?

This is one of the reasons I wrote in the China thread - I don't know what to do. I would seriously consider taking my family away from this state (and this country) and relocating - if there was a country that shone in the darkness. Sadly - there seems no where to go anymore. The whole world seems to be headed in the same direction - just some faster than others.

I have to keep reminding myself daily - that my hope is not in what laws are passed, or who governs us, or what sort of nation we are - but my hope is in God - and that He has the ability to turn anything meant for wicked and evil into things most beautiful.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, ...they are shrinking our world until they know where each one of us is withing 5 miles of our house. " Operation Garden Plot" first heard about it back in the late 80's.

Yep it sounds like they all want us to live in the city, good luck to them trying to get me to do that though. Haha

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei @marksman @Brakelite2 @Scoot

Can you believe what they are doing to our state we live in?
Yes, I can. It seems to me that a lot of decisions are nothing more than a thought bubble and it was a good idea at the time.

As we all know absolute power corrupts, and when the electorate gave Dictator Dan absolute power it went to his head. As has been said many times we now live in the Democratic Republic of Victoria and like all Democratic Republics, there ain't much democracy around.

We will have to sit back and wait until he destroys himself and the State.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So here's the latest, just found out that they want to ban horse riding in Victorian national parks. That is crazy!

View attachment 9509
Let's see how far we can push the people....let's see what we can get away with without a rebellion.....it's the stealthy way!.... Sure, there'll be disgruntled voices here and there but we handle those....in any case, it'll give us their measure for the next round.....chances are they won't notice the water getting warmer or at least they'll tolerate it.....ha, soon we'll have them in a situation where all we'll need to do is shut the gates....bingo, no escape.......sure, there'll be some who want to kick the pricks but we'll know how to handle them....just shut 'em down at the credit card... and cash? well, that'll be taken care of by then.....the only thing it'll be good for is starting the campfire.....that is of course if the camp fire is approved in the interest of all, you know, those which don't push to much CO2 into the atmosphere..... Ahh yeah, we'll have 'em alright......we'll be queens that know no sorrow with feathered beds par excellence. :)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So instead of making a new thread, let's get the Kiwis involved, as there aren't to many Kiwis on these forums.

Jacinda Ardern seems to be pretty popular around the world or so it may seem, she is widely approved of, the media loves her, well that's the picture that's being painted anyway. I reckon she did a great job on handling Covid-19 in NZ, but doesn't sound all that good on abortion.

So what do our New Zealand neighbours think of her?

Is the NZ Labour party anything like the Aussie Labor party?

Who are the main conservative parties in NZ?

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I have come to realise is the need for everybody to come into agreement as to what the processes and roles are in Government.

Many people believe that the government should be doing what I personally want to happen, like keep giving me handouts, irrespective as to whether or not the government of the country can actually afford it. If they give me what I want then I will keep voting them into power.

A good example is to define the role of a policeman. What is the role of a policeman within his society and governmental role? Is he their to enforce law and order when the only person that he can enforce Law and order on is himself, and we know of many failures of that within the police force.

Is their role to protect the citizens of the country, and if so, how can they do that when they clock off their working shifts?

We want to know how the political system works, but we have not established the fundamentals and requirements of the governmental institutions and what they should be achieving within their respective roles.

Perhaps if we can establish the basic fundamentals of what Good Government looks like then and the roles that are associated with Good government then this discussion might be able to more forward.

The Australian PM is trying to change the basic fundamentals of government within Australia, but he has not set out the argument as to why there should be changes to the governance model and what modifications must occur to improve the present model.

Education is the first step towards good governance, but we must be able to answer the question of who is responsible for my governance associated with each and every one of us.

Shalom

Reactions: Scoot and Josho

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sure whover posted that had it right? I found news articles about wanting to cull the number of feral horses in some parks. I also found that horse riding in parks is still being promoted at Horse riding.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let's see how far we can push the people....let's see what we can get away with without a rebellion.....it's the stealthy way!.... Sure, there'll be disgruntled voices here and there but we handle those....in any case, it'll give us their measure for the next round.....chances are they won't notice the water getting warmer or at least they'll tolerate it.....ha, soon we'll have them in a situation where all we'll need to do is shut the gates....bingo, no escape.......sure, there'll be some who want to kick the pricks but we'll know how to handle them....just shut 'em down at the credit card... and cash? well, that'll be taken care of by then.....the only thing it'll be good for is starting the campfire.....that is of course if the camp fire is approved in the interest of all, you know, those which don't push to much CO2 into the atmosphere..... Ahh yeah, we'll have 'em alright......we'll be queens that know no sorrow with feathered beds par excellence. :)
Exactly... I'm wondering if the next test comes without internet or power. At least with this test people had communications and hope that it would be over eventually.
But I expect times will come when all hope seems futile... Then we need Jesus... All the time... Depending on Him for anything.

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps if we can establish the basic fundamentals of what Good Government looks like then and the roles that are associated with Good government then this discussion might be able to more forward.

From my view - their is only one type of good government - a dictatorship.

Not what you were expecting I bet. :)

The dictator who rules though - rules with an iron scripture, has hair as white as snow, eyes like blazing fire. Feet like a bronze glowing furnace, and holds seven stars in His right hand. What He says goes, and no one dares to defy Him, but He will rule righteously!

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to living under this dictatorship!

...the governments leading up to then, less so.

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Until Chrit's return - the best sort of government I can see is a small government. One that only steps in for where people can not. But it's really a moot point (I'll explain further down).

Personally - I am not into big governments, lots of regulations, or governments controlling people's lives.

I would like a government where essential services are in the public sector, and the government stays out of all other sectors. (Roads, electricity, water, etc - in government hands). A government that lets people live their own lives - and only steps in if absolutely required. Not a government that shapes society and continues to make regulations.

I like the idea of no parties in government. That each bill is voted on and passes or fails on it's own merits. No deciding by parties what they will pass or push through. No back end deals, everything transparent, and each person elected voting independently on what they see is a good or bad bill.

I do like the idea of welfare - as a safety net, but I believe that those on welfare should be working for their keep until a job can be provided to them in the private sector. I'd be more for food and utility coupons so that welfare given can support their needs (not their wants) - so there's a greater incentive to get work when it's available. There's so much to welfare, I know I'm ignorant in this area.

I'm not sure if I've misunderstood the question or not - but that's just a few key points on what I'd like to see with government. I could continue, but this would turn into a wall of text.

But - in the end I believe it all comes down to this:

I believe that almost any form of government will work (democracy, dictator, monarchy, etc) - provided that the person who leads is a man after God's own heart - and that the nation follows God.

Failing that - I believe all forms of government will fail regardless of how well protected it is. It's just how quickly it can fail. Democracy is the form of government that makes it the hardest for tyrants to take over - but in the end - regardless of what form of government is in place - it's success of failure determine on it's people following God, not on the acts and regulations passed.

Israel and the OT is the primary proof of that for me. Same laws and government type for over a millennia - with very different results.​

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Daniel Andrews has sold out the people of Victoria by going against federal policy and signing up to this "belt and road initiative"

Reactions: Scoot

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 9509

Not quite knowing the the issue in full.........I'll take a stab at it...voiced from the peanut gallery

So I take it that recreational horseback riding in the Victoria Parks is in jeopardy due to a CHINESE backed new lodge and ski resort? I cannot imagine this ski lodge and skiing areas covering most of the Parks to force a ban for all riding everywhere other that this new project area.

Banning horseback riding in Victoria Parks is kind of like banning horseback riding around or in Yellowstone National Park that is part of the States of Montana and Wyoming and say the Glacier National Park in Montana and the adjoining Waterton Park of Alberta. Canada. Surely there must be compromise else something else it up....another 'lower the carbon' footprint and confiscation agenda of the liberals...

With all the dirt/gravel/shingle/metal roads in the Parks and since 4WD is still ok, why pick on the poor horse...I guess its not the horse, it is the human being and families enjoying their holiday that is the problem

just saying.....

APAK

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You sure whover posted that had it right? I found news articles about wanting to cull the number of feral horses in some parks. I also found that horse riding in parks is still being promoted at Horse riding.

The man who was leading the fight to save the brumbies also posted that the other day. He would know more about it than me. Haha.

Anyway good news is they blocked the culling of Brumbies in the Victorian Senate today.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unfortunately yes. And horse-riding is the least of the concerns (although I disagree with what they are doing there as well) - thanks for bringing this to my attention.

As someone once put it, Melbourne is more left than Seattle (and not geographically speaking). We have a state ran by not only a godless leader, but I suspect one that is heavily influenced demonically with decisions that are being made. Abortion, Euthanasia, and now tying hands with China.

Can we really expect anything good to come from such a leader - or good to come to a state where people want to reelect or reward such a leader (such as after the red-shirt scandal), and continue to promote wickedness?

This is one of the reasons I wrote in the China thread - I don't know what to do. I would seriously consider taking my family away from this state (and this country) and relocating - if there was a country that shone in the darkness. Sadly - there seems no where to go anymore. The whole world seems to be headed in the same direction - just some faster than others.

I have to keep reminding myself daily - that my hope is not in what laws are passed, or who governs us, or what sort of nation we are - but my hope is in God - and that He has the ability to turn anything meant for wicked and evil into things most beautiful.

Having been involved in the political scene for many years there is an old saying that you get the government you deserve. Victoria is known as the most left-wing government in Australia. Perhaps that is because the church is the most left-wing church in Australia. When you think that the Uniting Church Moderator in Victoria is a lesbian and they ordain men who are bedding other men, we deserve everything we get. I don't mean us personally but us as a State.

And there is the case of Dictator Dan giving $15 million of our money to the homosexuals to build and run a pride centre. When I asked him for $15 million to build a Christian pride centre I didn't even get a reply.

So where do we go from here? Grin and bear it? Hope that he will make a few too many steps wrong? Keep up the rage? Or ask God's forgiveness for a church that is blasphemous and find out what God wants us to do about it?

Reactions: Scoot and amadeus

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So where do we go from here? Grin and bear it? Hope that he will make a few too many steps wrong? Keep up the rage? Or ask God's forgiveness for a church that is blasphemous and find out what God wants us to do about it?

Or believers come together in prayer for Mr. Andrew's, he can change, but it would take a miracle.

Reactions: Scoot and marksman

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or believers come together in prayer for Mr. Andrew's, he can change, but it would take a miracle.
With the church like it is today, I don't know if they believe in miracles. Just a thought. The leader of the Liberals in Parliament, Matthew Guy was a Christian (knew him personally) so there must have been a reason why God allowed an atheist to rule. Dictator Dan claims to be a catholic but he is no more a Catholic than the man in the moon. He hates evangelical Christians.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With the church like it is today, I don't know if they believe in miracles. Just a thought. The leader of the Liberals in Parliament, Matthew Guy was a Christian (knew him personally) so there must have been a reason why God allowed an atheist to rule. Dictator Dan claims to be a catholic but he is no more a Catholic than the man in the moon. He hates evangelical Christians.

Haha I have even heard things like he is not allowed to take communion.

Reactions: marksman
Status
Not open for further replies.