Aussie and Kiwi politics and events

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho there is a staggering amount of money, attention and resources going into this very mild virus

So while corona has taken 1 life in over a month, life goes on and kills people in heaps of other ways.

I'd like to see more resources go into mental health. Why do 8 people kill themselves every day in Oz??? Wasn't like that before.
I'd love to see that same effort applied to finding a cure for the 2nd highest killer, cancer. It's been ravishing people for over 3,500 years
Heart disease is the highest killer, study why... They could help with equipment at the children's, womens and royal hospitals.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Zealand is on track to elect the ‘gayest parliament in the world’

New Zealanders are poised to elect the 'gayest parliament in the world' in September, vaulting the South Pacific nation past the world-leading United Kingdom for representation.

The current 'rainbow caucus' say there's still plenty to do for LGBTQI+ Kiwis, even after same-sex marriage's legislation and great strides in ending discrimination against the queer community.

There are currently seven out-and-proud MPs in New Zealand's 120-seat House of Representatives.

That will swell to nine on the basis of current polling, and up to 11 should the Greens increase their vote on election day; 19 September.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyway jokes aside, it was the 4th highest number of cases in a day yesterday recorded in Victoria, since the start of the pandemic.

And Dan Andrews will be locking down these postcodes/suburbs after Wednesday.

• 3012: Brooklyn, Kingsville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray
  • 3021: Albanvale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans
  • 3032: Ascot Vale, Highpoint City, Maribyrnong, Travancore
  • 3038: Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens
  • 3042: Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie
  • 3046: Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park
  • 3047: Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana
  • 3055: Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West
  • 3060: Fawkner
  • 3064: Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickleham, Roxburgh Park and Kalkallo

Welp I am not on that list, good on ya Dan Andrews, protect the rest of Victoria. :)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Victoria records it's worst day of covid-19 :(

127 new cases were recorded overnight, beating the previous record of 111. They are now closing the NSW/Victoria border to Victorians.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho Here when it was as low as that people seemed to cheer...

Ye it's strange.

It has been managed quite well around Australia, so we haven't seen anywhere near as bad as what other nations have seen, they are trying to prevent it from getting that bad of course.

Reactions: farouk

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye it's strange.

It has been managed quite well around Australia, so we haven't seen anywhere near as bad as what other nations have seen, they are trying to prevent it from getting that bad of course.

Of course though Fiji even acted harder on covid-19. That's when they only had a few cases.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course though Fiji even acted harder on covid-19. That's when they only had a few cases.

In saying that a country like Fiji could not afford a major outbreak of the virus, and don't think their health system would cope too well.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I saw that premier Dan Andrews rating went down 27%, not too many happy people about the tower lockdowns, there have even been reports of people missing out on food, which is sad.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei @Scoot @marksman @Brakelite2

My council area is now included in the lockdown list o_O, for those that don't know the boundaries of the Shire of Yarra Ranges, the border just about extends all the way to Matlock, the eastern border of Yarra Ranges is 160km from Melbourne, 2 and a half hours away from Melbourne. I am 82km away from Melbourne's CBD 1 and a half hours drive, and my town is still going under lockdown. There are only 2 cases in the whole Yarra Ranges Council area, both are probably in Lilydale.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions Victoria shows the list of lockdown areas.
  1. Banyule
  2. Hume
  3. Moreland
  4. Bayside
  5. Kingston
  6. Mornington Peninsula
  7. Boroondara
  8. Knox
  9. Nillumbik
  10. Brimbank
  11. Manningham
  12. Port Phillip
  13. Cardinia
  14. Maribyrnong
  15. Stonnington
  16. Casey
  17. Maroondah
  18. Whitehorse
  19. Darebin
  20. Melbourne
  21. Whittlesea
  22. Frankston
  23. Melton
  24. Wyndham
  25. Glen Eira
  26. Monash
  27. Yarra
  28. Greater Dandenong
  29. Moonee Valley
  30. Yarra Ranges
  31. Hobsons Bay
  32. Mitchell Shire

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Josho

Real sorry to hear you've been included with the lockdowns. I'm not sure what to believe. People missing out on food. Could be real, could be media hyping it up. Could be residents lying to try and get more sympathy. Could be a combination of all the above, both real and fake.

I believe we have hit a time in our existence where the truth is completely unfindable now from our media. Greed, agenda's and I suspect with some - demonic activity means that less and less in this world is reliable. The world and it's system is being exposed - which makes the light shine more. What blows me away though is the amount of people still choosing the world, the system - even when they see this happening and know there's lies - they want the lies spread.

Stay safe.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei @Scoot @marksman @Brakelite2

My council area is now included in the lockdown list o_O, for those that don't know the boundaries of the Shire of Yarra Ranges, the border just about extends all the way to Matlock, the eastern border of Yarra Ranges is 160km from Melbourne, 2 and a half hours away from Melbourne. I am 82km away from Melbourne's CBD 1 and a half hours drive, and my town is still going under lockdown. There are only 2 cases in the whole Yarra Ranges Council area, both are probably in Lilydale.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions Victoria shows the list of lockdown areas.
  1. Banyule
  2. Hume
  3. Moreland
  4. Bayside
  5. Kingston
  6. Mornington Peninsula
  7. Boroondara
  8. Knox
  9. Nillumbik
  10. Brimbank
  11. Manningham
  12. Port Phillip
  13. Cardinia
  14. Maribyrnong
  15. Stonnington
  16. Casey
  17. Maroondah
  18. Whitehorse
  19. Darebin
  20. Melbourne
  21. Whittlesea
  22. Frankston
  23. Melton
  24. Wyndham
  25. Glen Eira
  26. Monash
  27. Yarra
  28. Greater Dandenong
  29. Moonee Valley
  30. Yarra Ranges
  31. Hobsons Bay
  32. Mitchell Shire

Eh... Coronaphobia

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Eh... Coronaphobia

It's ridiculous though, that they consider the whole of the Yarra Ranges a part of the Greater Melbourne region, especially in my part where there is a lot of dense forest and bush land of the Yarra Ranges National Park that joins right up to the Great Alpine National park, it takes about the same amount of time to drive from Ballarat to Melbourne compared to from here to Melbourne, Ballarat is even 2 minutes drive closer to Melbourne :rolleyes:, we are technically a rural area, the biggest town in the Upper Yarra is Warburton, has a population of 2012 people, the population here in my town is 864.

The population of Lilydale is 15,530, that's the biggest town in the whole of the Yarra Ranges, that town is 42 kilometres away, 41 minutes drive. Now I understand if they included Lilydale in the greater Melbourne area, but not towns that are just as far away from Melbourne as Ballarat or Drouin is.......

The question is how big do they really want the Melbourne region to be?

Yarra Ranges used to be 4 separate council areas before 1994

- The Shire of Lillydale
- The Shire of Sherbrooke
- The Shire of Healesville
- The Shire of Upper Yarra

After 1994, they merged all 4 council areas together. This is how we now have the Shire of Yarra Ranges, considered part of Melbourne, even though some of it is actually quite far from Melbourne city.

Anyway that's my rant for today.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's ridiculous though, that they consider the whole of the Yarra Ranges a part of the Greater Melbourne region, especially in my part where there is a lot of dense forest and bush land of the Yarra Ranges National Park that joins right up to the Great Alpine National park, it takes about the same amount of time to drive from Ballarat to Melbourne compared to from here to Melbourne, Ballarat is even 2 minutes drive closer to Melbourne :rolleyes:, we are technically a rural area, the biggest town in the Upper Yarra is Warburton, has a population of 2012 people, the population here in my town is 864.

The population of Lilydale is 15,530, that's the biggest town in the whole of the Yarra Ranges, that town is 42 kilometres away, 41 minutes drive. Now I understand if they included Lilydale in the greater Melbourne area, but not towns that are just as far away from Melbourne as Ballarat or Drouin is.......

The question is how big do they really want the Melbourne region to be?

Yarra Ranges used to be 4 separate council areas before 1994

- The Shire of Lillydale
- The Shire of Sherbrooke
- The Shire of Healesville
- The Shire of Upper Yarra

After 1994, they merged all 4 council areas together. This is how we now have the Shire of Yarra Ranges, considered part of Melbourne, even though some of it is actually quite far from Melbourne city.

Anyway that's my rant for today.

Are you in Greater Melbourne... Stiff mate... Stiff...:p:p:p

Reactions: Josho
Status
Not open for further replies.