Authenticity of King James Version

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muneeb2Good

Jul 13, 2006
I really wonder when the cristian world will come to the consenses on the Question of the authenticity of different versions of BIBLE. espacially after the criticism on King James version which is the SOUL belief of ROMAN catholics ? What about the versions being carried by the JEHOVA's vitness. Who have rejected the terinity altogather ?I believe there are few other verions as well that makes me wonder Who will be the authority to declare which version is correct.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well to be perfectly honest. There will never be a consenses on this ole' Earth. These are all things spoken of by Paul and others where there will be strife in the religion in the sense that we'll never agree. Even Jesus himself told us that He came to bring division:Luke 12:51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:I can tell you right now that God's word doesn't change and those who change it to their own desires and thoughts tamper with fire. The scribes who kept the books that are now the Bible took the utmost care to transfer them down through the years. This wasn't a clumsy and haphazard project.Criticism is going to happen - the old enemy is constantly at work twisting words and starting disagreements over something like Bible versions. Why? Because that argument over what version is right keeps you away from the Bible. I believe that the KJV is undoubtedly the Bible to use. However, there are other decent versions where much of the meaning is intact and don't try to summarize. Those get the job done.

Lyte

Jul 12, 2006
I know the "party line" (for lack of a better term) regarding the creation and transcription of the Holy Bible was that the men were being led by the Holy Spirit. But, I can't escape the fact that there were other books written by witnesses of Jesus and they too could have value! I hesitate to say that the Bible (KJV or otherwise) is the ONLY written document that mankind should be reading.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Muneeb2Good)
I really wonder when the cristian world will come to the consenses on the Question of the authenticity of different versions of BIBLE. espacially after the criticism on King James version which is the SOUL belief of ROMAN catholics ? What about the versions being carried by the JEHOVA's vitness. Who have rejected the terinity altogather ?I believe there are few other verions as well that makes me wonder Who will be the authority to declare which version is correct.
Maybe someone knows for sure but I think you are wrong here about Catholics they have there own bible it is based on parts of the KJV but also has large parts added and removed and they discourage the reading of all bibles including the KJV and encourage reading only their verson at least thats what I was told by a Catholic friend.just as a note of interest the KJV has what are called hidden acrostics in it that is the spelling of Gods sacred name frontwards and backwards that lock certain scripture in place so they could not be changed thats one reason why it should be used as the end authority although I see nothing wrong with using other bibles to try to get a better understanding of scriptures

forumposters

May 31, 2006
I only read the KJV and I think it's unfortunate so many other translations have been created when this one is really the most accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.