Babylon's sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the entire world worships the beast and its image and recieves its mark as many claim,then why does God only remember to give Babylon the cup of the wine of his wrath and not the entire world?

Revelation 16:19 KJV: And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

Don’t know if you know of the author Joel Richardson, but he has written a lot on this subject.

He has a lot of his messages on YouTube you might want to take a look/see at.

Thought you might be interested.

Be blessed in Christ, Not me

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the entire world worships the beast and its image and receives its mark as many claim, then why does God only remember to give Babylon the cup of the wine of his wrath and not the entire world?

Revelation 16:19 KJV: And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

Don’t know if you know of the author Joel Richardson, but he has written a lot on this subject.

He has a lot of his messages on YouTube you might want to take a look/see at.

Thought you might be interested.

Joel Richardson I was a fan of initially, but he is a profit sort of person and not one who reveals any understanding of the End Time prophecies. I would put him in league with Booby Jo for the errors he presents in his books. As such I have stopped buying his book and listening to his podcasts, and spend my time in actually reading the scriptures for myself and meditating on the subject matter there in.

Joel, has not understood the significance of the "four winds of heaven" yet. When he does he will have to withdraw his books from circulation because of the errors contained in them.

He does not like people who disagrees with his opinion and purges those posts, which highlights different understanding to his, from the comment section to his podcasts and blogs.

@shilohsfoal:- To what time period do you attribute Rev:16:19 to? It may help our understanding if you can enlighten us with your wisdom on that verse.

Shalom

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel Richardson I was a fan of initially, but he is a profit sort of person and not one who reveals any understanding of the End Time prophecies. I would put him in league with Booby Jo for the errors he presents in his books. As such I have stopped buying his book and listening to his podcasts, and spend my time in actually reading the scriptures for myself and meditating on the subject matter there in.

Joel, has not understood the significance of the "four winds of heaven" yet. When he does he will have to withdraw his books from circulation because of the errors contained in them.

He does not like people who disagrees with his opinion and purges those posts, which highlights different understanding to his, from the comment section to his podcasts and blogs.

@shilohsfoal:- To what time period do you attribute Rev:16:19 to? It may help our understanding if you can enlighten us with your wisdom on that verse.

Shalom

I like Joel’s books, I bare witness with a lot of them.

I really liked the;

Islamic Antichrist.
End times eye witness.
When a Jew rules the world.
Mideast beast.

He also co-wrote, God’s war on terror, which I thought was a interesting read also, though I didn’t agree with all that was in the book. Joel later said he didn’t either, but he was just a co-author and didn’t have the last say.

But each his own.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like Joel books, I bare witness with a lot of them.

I really liked the;

Islamic Antichrist.
End times eye witness.
When a Jew rules the world.
Mideast beast.
He co-wrote, God’s war on terror, also which I thought was interesting, though I didn’t agree with all that was in the book. Joel later said he didn’t either but he was just a co-author and didn’t have the last day.

But each his own.

I probably stopped reading his books over ten years ago because he was focusing on trying to determine how the prophecies would be fulfilled rather than the entities that cause the rising up/manifestation of the beasts within our earthly realm. Jack Smith also wrote a book titled Islam - the Cloak of Antichrist in Last Days’ Bible Prophecy which was published about 10 years ago, which I read before it was published. I gave Jack my feed back that the premises of his book were not foundationally strong but that they were still pointing towards the understanding of man rather than of God. he was on a forum around that time was heavily influence by one member who expressed at that time a similar understanding as found in Booby Jo's understanding with respect to Dan_2 & 7 etc..

I have let them both go and my hope is that God will be able to reveal His truth to them while still drawing them to Himself.

Shalom

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I probably stopped reading his books over ten years ago because he was focusing on trying to determine how the prophecies would be fulfilled rather than the entities that cause the rising up/manifestation of the beasts within our earthly realm. Jack Smith also wrote a book titled Islam - the Cloak of Antichrist in Last Days’ Bible Prophecy which was published about 10 years ago, which I read before it was published. I gave Jack my feed back that the premises of his book were not foundationally strong but that they were still pointing towards the understanding of man rather than of God. he was on a forum around that time was heavily influence by one member who expressed at that time a similar understanding as found in Booby Jo's understanding with respect to Dan_2 & 7 etc..

I have let them both go and my hope is that God will be able to reveal His truth to them while still drawing them to Himself.

Shalom

That God would reveal His truths to us all.

Be blessed, Not me

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina

Shalom

Revelation 16:19 would come soon after revelation 16:15-16:16

Revelation 16:15 KJV: Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Revelation 16:16 KJV: And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yes you are right, in that Rev_16:19 it does come after Rev_16:15-16 as presented in that chapter, but in what order are the bowl judgements resented?

That question has not been answered by you so that yur understanding can be understood.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Yes you are right, in that Rev_16:19 it does come after Rev_16:15-16 as presented in that chapter, but in what order are the bowl judgements resented?

That question has not been answered by you so that yur understanding can be understood.

I think the chapter speaks for iitself quite well.I will go with the order of the chapter.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the chapter speaks for iitself quite well.I will go with the order of the chapter.

So be it. But I would suggest to you that your preferred order is incorrect for the bowl judgements to occur. The proof is in the text itself.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The order of judgements have nothing to do with the topic or the question in the topic.

I am so sorry to be on topic, but not in the direction that you want to go in.

Rev_16:17ff has already been fulfilled to the best of my knowledge. The text of Rev-16 confirms this. Babylon, i.e. the than of the Chaldeans, was remembered once more in 1926 AD.

Shalom.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
I am so sorry to be on topic, but not in the direction that you want to go in.

Rev_16:17ff has already been fulfilled to the best of my knowledge. The text of Rev-16 confirms this. Babylon, i.e. the than of the Chaldeans, was remembered once more in 1926 AD.

Shalom.

You believe the word of God got the order of things wrong.

Revelation 16:17 KJV: And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

You have a right to your opnion I guess but that doesnt answer the question.

If the entire world worships the beast and its image and recieves its mark as many claim,then why does God only remember to give Babylon the cup of the wine of his wrath and not the entire world?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What makes you think that judgment does not come upon the entire world (along with Babylon)?

REVELATION 14

BABYLON
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

THE WHOLE WORLD (OTHER THAN TRIBULATION SAINTS)
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Reactions: Davy

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
What makes you think that judgment does not come upon the entire world (along with Babylon)?

REVELATION 14

BABYLON
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

THE WHOLE WORLD (OTHER THAN TRIBULATION SAINTS)
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Because ONLY Babylon is said to be given the cup of the wine of the wrath of God.Why should I assume God would punish the entire world when he hasnt said he will.

God never says he will give the cup of the wine of his wrath to the whole world to drink.Only Babylon.

This is something many should ponder but few do.
Its like this verse.

Revelation 12:14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle to fly from the presence of the serpent to her place in the wilderness, where she was nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

Now how many people consider you need only go as far as the wilderness to be out of reach of the beast?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God never says he will give the cup of the wine of his wrath to the whole world to drink.Only Babylon.
So this is not good enough for you? Amazing what tunnel vision can do.
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God,which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation

Reactions: Davy

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
So this is not good enough for you? Amazing what tunnel vision can do.
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God,which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation

Oh no ,dont get me wrong.I believe everyone who worships the beast or his image or recieves his mark ,shall drink,of the wine of the wrath of God,But the verse you are quoting doesnt say the world worships the beast or its image or revieves its mark.
Why would i assume the world worships the same thing the people of Babylon worships?

I look at Babylon and its people.I look at the demographics of Babylon and its people and I see a people who have gatherd from many nations ,peoples and tongues.You can,walk,through the streets of Babylon and hear many different languages spoken.
Revelation 17:15 Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the prostitute was seated, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues.
Its a city and its country is full of immigrants.
Just because these peoples who have gatherd into Baylon are from every nation and they worship the beast doesnt mean every nation in the world worships the beast.These people of Babylon have follow the beast because they wanted to live in his kingdom and be governed by that goverment.

So this verse says nothing about the world worshiping the beast or recieving its mark.
Revelation 14:9 KJV: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Revelation 14:10 KJV: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

But this verse makes it very clear that Babylon does.

Last edited:

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
This seems to be a very difficult question for those who believe in a one world goverment or those who believe the entire world worships the beast.

Talk about avoiding the truth.