Banned !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
by so called Christians from Christianity = the original truly, long ago, all Christian Christmas tree in preference to a pagan one - better late than never why not join the petition for its restoration in His name and Christian unity - via google see [join the Christmas tree petition] Wirral Globe - also see [Glastonbury's Christmas tree ] History today - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with you..( I think) I don't have time to read the link.
We did years and years of not having Christmas because it was pagan.
I don't think it made us any more spiritual....( just self-righteous)
But once the 'noise' started on banning Christmas trees , not saying "happy Christmas, no Carols in the Malls...all of a sudden we WANTED our Christian back , with Carol singing, Jesus in the manger,Christmas tree, and the whole nine yards! ha!
It was like that with wearing a cross and chain. I was dead against it for decades...because Jesus is not dead but alive.

Then, with all the anti-christian sentiments ...I went out and bought a gold cross and chain!! Sadly, only when we think we could lose something.. does it seem even more precious.

Oh, I just read the link...and it was not what I thought it would be...that makes my post obsolete and not "on topic".

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
But once the 'noise' started on banning Christmas trees , not saying "happy Christmas, no Carols in the Malls...all of a sudden we WANTED our Christian back , with Carol singing, Jesus in the manger,Christmas tree, and the whole nine yards! ha!
It was like that with wearing a cross and chain. I was dead against it for decades...because Jesus is not dead but alive.

Then, with all the anti-christian sentiments ...I went out and bought a gold cross and chain!! Sadly, only when we think we could lose something.. does it seem even more precious.

Oh, I just read the link...and it was not what I thought it would be...that makes my post obsolete and not "on topic".

why not "on topic" - it seems you agree it should be banned, if so tell us why instead of encouraging the ban - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
why not "on topic" - it seems you agree it should be banned, if so tell us why instead of encouraging the ban - twinc

Sorry twinc, I don't understand what you think that I am encouraging that should be banned? ;)
What are we talking about...can you say a bit more. I don't want annything band! o_O

Thanks...Helen

Reactions: Job

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not even celebrating it on the correct day...........

And I believe GOD would have mentioned this if HE wanted us to................

Reactions: Job and Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

It's on topic !!

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man defending in his family from someone wanting to kill them for their food, instead kills the attacker...should he not give the attacker's blanket to his shivering children?

Or if a field was once the battleground of an unjust war, should a good and just man not plant a garden there to feed his family?

This is what the church fathers did in taking over the pagan holidays. They became the spoils of battle and were dedicated to the Lord's victory over such evil. We are not talking about pagans celebrating pagan holidays, but Christians celebrating Christ.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
We are not even celebrating it on the correct day...........

And I believe GOD would have mentioned this if HE wanted us to................
Do you know when Jesus was born?
And do you do ONLY what Jesus mentioned we should do?

(I hope you don't watch TV, or swim, or go to concerts, or...)

Reactions: th1b.taylor

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone had bothered to do a google search as the OP suggested, you would know that this is the tree being referenced.

glastonbury.jpg

Not this one.

christmas-tree-vector-id165928679

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry twinc, I don't understand what you think that I am encouraging that should be banned? ;)
What are we talking about...can you say a bit more. I don't want annything band! o_O

Thanks...Helen

As always, twinc is just being cryptic.

Don't worry about it. You were right in saying your comment was off topic.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christian Christmas tree in preference to a pagan one
As always your logic is faulty twinc.
There have never been pagan christmas trees. Pagans might now be using a christmas tree, but not in any form of Christian way. That is to celebrate the birth of there saviour.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Christians barking at each other over baptisms, Christmas trees and other things while Satan ROFL. I think these things are what brother Paul was talking about when he wtote;

Romans 14:2-6,14 KJVS
For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. [3] Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. [4] Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. [5] One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike . Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. [6] He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it . He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. [14] I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

I don't think those that have a christmas tree will miss heaven. Or those baptized leaning backwards rather that forward are condemned.

Or those that have musical instruments in churches are unholy. So many camp at these things and their whole Christian existence revolves around policing their beliefs.

I know Jesus is not judging us for petty things. But we continue to judge each other, and not according to John 7:24.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh. And who reads links?
I don't.
If someone wants that I should read what they think, they better just post the darn thing.
hey, works for you, you are maybe not perceiving their replies as something you must accept, like they maybe so often are, or iow you understand that you are getting an opinion, regardless of how it is presented, but others are not so secure in their own definitions yet, see, and they tend to accept statements made confidently enough, from charisma especially, as truth or fact, right

i post links bc i am often considered charismatic, and i don't want my opinion to be taken as truth, or facts, even accidentally.

other reasons, too, i mean this is a link
9acdb5f1-193f-4f6a-9185-f92c0d7964e1.jpg

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
hey, works for you, you are maybe not perceiving their replies as something you must accept, like they maybe so often are, or iow you understand that you are getting an opinion, regardless of how it is presented, but others are not so secure in their own definitions yet, see, and they tend to accept statements made confidently enough, from charisma especially, as truth or fact, right

i post links bc i am often considered charismatic, and i don't want my opinion to be taken as truth, or facts, even accidentally
LOL
I don't like links for the exact reason you said.
First of all, I don't trust the net.
Second of all, that's NOT where we learn our faith, or any faith.
I will, at times, post, for instance, something the early church father's said if I bring it up. Just because sometimes persons don't trust what I say. But if I say it, it's because two different churches taught it to me and I confirmed it all by my self.

No matter at what point we are in our growth, I'd rather hear the person's belief in his/her own words.

What say you?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
LOL
I don't like links for the exact reason you said.
First of all, I don't trust the net.
Second of all, that's NOT where we learn our faith, or any faith.
true, but you might get a better perspective of a definition of something in an unbiased manner via the web, or, many other uses, we're on the web right now for instance. WWW is 666 in Hebrew, yes, but discernment is possible, if i link you to a site that defines bees as butterflies, i mean you know what to do; and if you are fooled, then you will get schooled right
ANggDdX.jpg

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
trust does not even enter in to it, iow. this implies that you trust something else? perhaps a family member?
for it is the members of a man's own household that will be his enemies
I trust the theologians of a church who know much more than I ever will.
But, I'm also like the Bereans...in Acts.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
true, but you might get a better perspective of a definition of something in an unbiased manner via the web, or, many other uses, we're on the web right now for instance. WWW is 666 in Hebrew, yes, but discernment is possible, if i link you to a site that defines bees as butterflies, i mean you know what to do; and if you are fooled, then you will get schooled right
ANggDdX.jpg
Did you say the word "unbiased" and "web" in the same sentence??
o_O

Reactions: Richard_oti