Basic Bible Timeline

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of many problems with this is; if flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom, then only glorified raptured and resurrected saints are there for Satan to rally against the church just before the end.

You say that Enoch and Elijah in heaven right now in the flesh before the throne of God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The OP diagram is a pretty picture of misunderstanding and does not bear any resemblance of what will be happening until the Lord Returns to Judge all of mankind at the second resurrection.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jeremiah 23:7-8 actually states that Israel will be planted in a fertile field.

This passage was frame because of the belief in the theology of the "Promised Land," which began to be unfolded when Israel crossed back over the Jordan River and was true until Israel was scattered through the whole world. H:0127 which actually has the meaning of soil but is translated as "land" which is theologically in error.

Jeremiah 23:7-8: - 7 "Therefore, behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "that they shall no longer say, 'As the Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,' 8 but, 'As the Lord lives who brought up and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the north country and from all the earth where I had driven them.' And they shall dwell in their own field."​

Another passage which also supports this is found in Ezekiel 34:

Ezekiel 34:11-16: - 11 'For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own fertile field; I will feed them on the religion of Israel, in the valleys and in all the inhabited places of the earth. 14 I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the religion of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in rich pasture on the Religion of Israel. 15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down," says the Lord God. 16 "I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment."​

[With corrections to remove the Promised Land Theological understanding in both passages.]

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Prophecy of Israel's return to the land in their own strength in 1948 can be found in Genesis 15:16 for those who have understanding.

God's gathering of Israel to Himself is still a near future event.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 23:7-8 actually states that Israel will be planted in a fertile field.

This passage was frame because of the belief in the theology of the "Promised Land," which began to be unfolded when Israel crossed back over the Jordan River and was true until Israel was scattered through the whole world. H:0127 which actually has the meaning of soil but is translated as "land" which is theologically in error.

Jeremiah 23:7-8: - 7 "Therefore, behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "that they shall no longer say, 'As the Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,' 8 but, 'As the Lord lives who brought up and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the north country and from all the earth where I had driven them.' And they shall dwell in their own field."​

Another passage which also supports this is found in Ezekiel 34:

Ezekiel 34:11-16: - 11 'For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own fertile field; I will feed them on the religion of Israel, in the valleys and in all the inhabited places of the earth. 14 I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the religion of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in rich pasture on the Religion of Israel. 15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down," says the Lord God. 16 "I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment."​

[With corrections to remove the Promised Land Theological understanding in both passages.]

Israel has been turned into a fertile land compared to what it used to be.

The covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah starts at the rapture.

Who are you to reword the Bible?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel has been turned into a fertile land compared to what it used to be.

The covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah starts at the rapture.

Who are you to reword the Bible?

Remember the story of the sower, when the seed was scattered in the good soil of the fertile field there was much increase/yield.

The parable of the sower can be considered to be a time lapse story where seed is scattered and the main increase comes in the last time lapse picture, after Solomon's Temple was dedicated, which is an event that will begin in our near future. The first fruits of this event will be Israel who will be taught by God, and that will then be followed by the fruit of the Gentiles taught by the Israelites, who, at that time, will have been raise up to become a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's Possession among the nations.

Your bias in understanding the scriptures is obvious and also flawed.

The KJV was written from the understanding of the Promised Land Theology, whereas, God Covenant with Abraham was that He would lead them to a "Righteous Earth," that at the appropriate time, Abraham's descendants, both natural and grafted, would inherit after the end of the Age of the Ages.

The Genesis 12:1 verse was pointing towards a distant future event and not to what unfolded when Abraham travelled down to the Land of Canaan. In Genesis 15 Abraham question God how He would know that he and his descendants would inherit the whole earth, to which God entered into a solemn sign covenant such that when they realised that the land described in verses 18-21 of that chapter had been realised, over a period of around 1200-1400 years from when they crossed the Jordan River as a nation, and given to Israel to have dominion over during that time period, that they also would know that they would receive dominion over all of the earth in their distant future.

What I have posted above does reflect what is recorded in the scriptures. What you are posting sadly does not reflect God's purposes or prophetic words as recorded in the scriptures. You have reframed the scriptures to reflect what you believe it should be, to support your theory of what is to come.

Shalom

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the story of the sower, when the seed was scattered in the good soil of the fertile field there was much increase/yield.

The parable of the sower can be considered to be a time lapse story where seed is scattered and the main increase comes in the last time lapse picture, after Solomon's Temple was dedicated, which is an event that will begin in our near future. The first fruits of this event will be Israel who will be taught by God, and that will then be followed by the fruit of the Gentiles taught by the Israelites, who, at that time, will have been raise up to become a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's Possession among the nations.

Your bias in understanding the scriptures is obvious and also flawed.

The KJV was written from the understanding of the Promised Land Theology, whereas, God Covenant with Abraham was that He would lead them to a "Righteous Earth," that at the appropriate time, Abraham's descendants, both natural and grafted, would inherit after the end of the Age of the Ages.

The Genesis 12:1 verse was pointing towards a distant future event and not to what unfolded when Abraham travelled down to the Land of Canaan. In Genesis 15 Abraham question God how He would know that he and his descendants would inherit the whole earth, to which God entered into a solemn sign covenant such that when they realised that the land described in verses 18-21 of that chapter had been realised, over a period of around 1200-1400 years from when they crossed the Jordan River as a nation, and given to Israel to have dominion over during that time period, that they also would know that they would receive dominion over all of the earth in their distant future.

What I have posted above does reflect what is recorded in the scriptures. What you are posting sadly does not reflect God's purposes or prophetic words as recorded in the scriptures. You have reframed the scriptures to reflect what you believe it should be, to support your theory of what is to come.

Shalom

Oh boy.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You love putting other people down when you cannot get your laughing matter around what has been written by those people. Here is the Parable of the Sower and the Wheat and the Tares. I wonder if any part of these parable applies to you.

Matthew 13:1-30: - The Parable of the Sower
(Mark 4:1-9; Luke 8:4-8)

13:1 On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. 2 And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: "Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

The Purpose of Parables
(Mark 4:10-12; Luke 8:9,10)

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"

11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.'​

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The Parable of the Sower Explained
(Mark 4:13-20; Luke 8:11-15)

18 "Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' 28 He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?' 29 But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
For your consideration

Shalom

Reactions: Bobby Jo
D

Dave L

Israel is redeemed and restored AFTER the Second Coming of Christ, not before the Rapture and the Tribulation.
According to Jesus, believers are Israel and he restores Israel in the resurrection of believers on the last day - into the new heavens and earth forever.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn
D

Dave L

This will help sort through the tangles of Dispensationalism. This is what the Church has believed through the ages.

full

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
From Creation to EternityView attachment 5871

Core Issue, allow me two stones thrown into the lions lair,
A. The illustration shows a time line in between creation and fall.
Show us that in and from the Bible?

B. Your illustration shows the Ascension of the beginning of some era; it looks like the beginning point of the Christian era or something to me, but I may be mistaken.
Now the SDA attach immense value to the ascension; they say Jesus' <inauguration> in the <most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary> and his <heavenly mediatorial work of atonement> began as soon as He ascended.
It seems to me you also attach tremendous value to Jesus' ascension forty days after He Resurrected.

Now that must be a terrible blunder which deprives the Resurrection of Christ of its meaning and power where it and not his ascension should mark the New Beginning and intermediate New Creation.

Reactions: Dave L