Battles, Wars, Victories and Defeats....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture Foundation:
John 16:33 ESV / 102 helpful votes
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

2 Chronicles 20:17 ESV / 97 helpful votes
You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you.”

1 Corinthians 15:57 ESV / 66 helpful votes
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Joshua 1:9 ESV / 54 helpful votes
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Colossians 2:15 ESV / 49 helpful votes
He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

2 Timothy 1:7 ESV / 46 helpful votes
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Romans 8:37-39 ESV / 43 helpful votes
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are living in the most difficult, treasonous, immoral and evil times of the history of creation....
It is ever so much more critical that we keep our minds and hearts guarded from the arrows the enemy is shooting us with...
We are commanded in His Word to fignt the good fight of faith...and having done all to stand....STAND

There are doctrines of men showing up everywhere in the churches distorting Gods Word and changing the context of it....such as whether there is miracles today or not today....making God simply an image in our mind that we pray to and thats about it....no power, no anointing no involvement with us whatsoever.....LIARS!!!! FALSE TEACHERS, FALSE DOCTRINE., FALSE RELIGION...God will deal with them accordingly on the day of judgment.

And the area that is the least discussed, least practiced and applied, and least understood is the weapons of our warfare and the strategy of Satan and his army to kill, steal, and destroy us...
I am not going to go into a lot of detail as to the works of the enemy....already got a thread on that....no I am wanting to share how we must walk in victory and not give in to Satan and his demons under any circumstances...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:37-39 ESV / 43 helpful votes
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I love this passage right here. It speaks to the victory, and to the fact that nothing our spiritual enemy can do will ever sever from God those who truly love Him, and give their lives to Him completely.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to ask... if the battle belongs to the Lord and the victory is already won....then why do WE have to put on any armor?

Seems like all we need to do is get our popcorn, our favorite snuggle blanket and sit back and watch the Lord do all the work....Right? Well of course
NOT...
But didnt scripture say to cast all our cares on Him for he careth for us and His yoke is easy and His burden light?
Doesn't it also say to just rest in Him and wait upon the Lord for He is our strength and our fortress.....
So which is it Lord? Do we have to fight? Can we just watch and cheer you on while the battle rages on?

Now I have some things to do....but this is the meat and potatoes of understanding how to walk victoriously becoming more than conquerors through Him who loves us....

But which Church does Revelation address concerning being overcomers? Thyatira....the very church that tolerates that Jezebel

18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

28 And I will give him the morning star.

29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to ask... if the battle belongs to the Lord and the victory is already won....then why do WE have to put on any armor?

Seems like all we need to do is get our popcorn, our favorite snuggle blanket and sit back and watch the Lord do all the work....Right? Well of course
NOT...

Agreed. It is because we are the vessels through whom the Lord manifests Himself, and through whom He wields the sword, and drives back the onslaughts of the enemy through His armor.

We are the ones on earth through which He continues His ministry, and the Devil assaults and attacks Him today just as much as He did back then. In other words, we are not supposed to sit back and watch Him work, but intensely seek Him so that the world sees Him working through us.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because Christians must WITHSTAND AND STAND, not run away: Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (Eph 6:13)

To withstand means to take the assaults of the enemy and not falter. To stand means to stand and fight, not run away. And God has provide one weapon of offense. So Christians must stand clothed in God's armor and wielding the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

God could have wiped out Goliath with one word, but instead He sent David with one stone. The same principle applies. Christians are called to be soldiers (as well as saints). Which means exposing and rebuking the works and workers of darkness, and in fact opposing them in the name of Christ.

Christians and churches have now been deliberately targeted by all the tyrannical governments (both East and West). The tyranny in the USA and Canada today is just as great as that in China and Russia. And Christians must stand against these tyrants who wish to shut down churches and the Gospel.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Christians must WITHSTAND AND STAND, not run away: Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (Eph 6:13)

To withstand means to take the assaults of the enemy and not falter. To stand means to stand and fight, not run away. And God has provide one weapon of offense. So Christians must stand clothed in God's armor and wielding the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

God could have wiped out Goliath with one word, but instead He sent David with one stone. The same principle applies. Christians are called to be soldiers (as well as saints). Which means exposing and rebuking the works and workers of darkness, and in fact opposing them in the name of Christ.

Christians and churches have now been deliberately targeted by all the tyrannical governments (both East and West). The tyranny in the USA and Canada today is just as great as that in China and Russia. And Christians must stand against these tyrants who wish to shut down churches and the Gospel.
Good answer...but again, the battle belongs to the Lord, the victory is already won....so why must we put on our armor?
Let me throw this out there and let you meditate my thinking on this....
in battle there is defensive maneuvers and offensive ones....
I believe that Jesus is the offensive unit.....and we are the defensive unit of the regime....
we fight the good fight of faith by trusting in His Word and His Promises and His Power of the Cross to be the effective weapon against Satans attack on the Church, the Bride of Christ.....we being members in that Church have different functions and if an enemy spy were to slip by us and take up membership of the body then the Church has been infiltrated and infected with a destructive counter-ploy to cause division and strife amongst the members....also known as the tares.....We must keep ourselves walking in truth, equipped with faith and knowledge, trained in the use of our weapons against the enemy and very importantly, be discerners and skilled in the word that we might test every spirit that identifies itself as one of us....rightly dividing the truth...

So I see our purpose as very important as the defensive unit protecting His church from enemy spies who are trying to infiltrate it....by remaining faithful to do all the He has commanded....(which I believe are the 2 commandments Jesus gave) we become more than conquerors....
Now we have to keep a constant watch at the gates, the doors, the windows and any opening the enemy could enter in.....what are these openings? Our weaknesses in our faith, our ignorance of truth, our disobedience and our idolatry of worldy things.

Church is a glorious word. Our Lord Jesus used it first when He said He would build His church on Peter’s statement, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16-18, NIV). “Called out” is the true meaning of the word church. The true Church–the Body and Bride of Christ–is known by God alone, without regard to the limitations of geography, theology or human distinctions. How gracious of God to allow His Name to be borne by human beings so prone to be unlike Him! The Scriptures describe believers as “a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God”

(1 Peter 2:9, NIV). They are known for their faith and fellowship in the Gospel, described as new creations, motivated by love and compelled to live not for themselves but for Him who died for them and rose again (Philippians 1:5, 27; 2 Corinthians 5:14-15).

But above all, Christians are called to keep the words of Christ and obey His commandments–to walk, or live, as Jesus did (1 John 2:3-6). Christians are called to a distinctive, separated life of purity from the obsessions of physical pleasure, which the Bible calls the lusts and worldly alliances that contradict spiritual fellowship. “What do righteousness and wickedness have in common?”

(2 Corinthians 6:14, NIV). “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord” (2 Corinthians 6:17, NIV). “Let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God”
(2 Corinthians 7:1, NIV). Do these commands seem contrary to contemporary Christian culture?

Jesus warned that the wheat and the tares, the true and the false, would grow together even in good soil. When there is no distinction between the Christian and the world, the appeal of the Gospel is lost and the impact of the Christian’s life diminishes. This intermingling of the lost and the saved, the sheep and the goats, will become more prevalent so that at the return of Christ He alone “will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 13:41-42, NIV).

This gives a frightful insight into the danger of blurring the distinctiveness of the church. Any adaptation by the church and individual Christians to the world will bring confusion to the witness of the Gospel and will make a mockery of the call to repentance and the acknowledgment of Jesus Christ as Lord.

The final words of the risen Lord recorded in Scripture were spoken to the historic churches at the end of the first century, but His warning to the church in Ephesus certainly includes every church since then until the close of the age. He said, “Repent, or the light will be removed” (Cf. Revelation 2:5).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I am trying to lead up to something concerning this forum...
and any input is welcomed

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good answer...but again, the battle belongs to the Lord, the victory is already won....so why must we put on our armor?

To guard ones self against anything that leads from not believing, no trusting, no relying on God or the Jesus Christ. ~ Say someone is sitting there lying about what you know from the bible is true yet they will not let you have a say in the conversation or take it seriously possibly. The only thing in that situation is stay humble under Gods hand, and end the discussion and talk about something else. Haha.

Let me throw this out there and let you meditate my thinking on this....
in battle there is defensive maneuvers and offensive ones....
I believe that Jesus is the offensive unit.....and we are the defensive unit of the regime....
we fight the good fight of faith by trusting in His Word and His Promises and His Power of the Cross to be the effective weapon against Satans attack on the Church, the Bride of Christ.....we being members in that Church have different functions and if an enemy spy were to slip by us and take up membership of the body then the Church has been infiltrated and infected with a destructive counter-ploy to cause division and strife amongst the members....also known as the tares.....We must keep ourselves walking in truth, equipped with faith and knowledge, trained in the use of our weapons against the enemy and very importantly, be discerners and skilled in the word that we might test every spirit that identifies itself as one of us....rightly dividing the truth...

Battle there are defensive maneuvers and offensive ones.

You believe Jesus is the offensive unit... and (the believers) are the defensive unit of the regime.

We believers - fight the good fight of faith - (agreed~ fight the good fight of faith to deliver the truth to others by bringing the good news about the Lord Jesus Christ.)

By trusting in the bible and the truth of the word of God, that will not let you down (agreed.)

By trusting God and his promises (agreed.), and the power of God, and the wisdom of God was demonstrated by the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross.

Which is an effective weapon against Satans attack on the church, the bride of christ.

Believers We being members in that Church ~ have different functions and if an enemy spy were to slip by us and take up membership of the body thenthe Church has been infiltrated and infected with a destructive counter-ploy, to cause division and strife among the members.

Also known as tares... We as believers much keep ourselves walking in the truth, and equipped with faith and knowledge, (I would agree here) Grow in knowing the truth of God and the Lord Jesus Christ accept your God given faith and Love God and Love Others and pray for those who are not understanding.

Trained in the use of our weapons against the enemy ; Worldly wisdom, and not truth from Christ Jesus - Be trained in the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, and learn from the power of God and the power of Wisdom. Who teaches us many things in the bible.

very importantly, be discerners and skilled in the word that we might test every spirit that identifies itself as one of us....rightly dividing the truth..

Would agree here too. Grow and learn about God and the Lord Jesus Christ and what the bible has to say on different topics and subject matters, learn the truth and you shall be set free.​

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this is for fun...an analogy of our spiritual hierarchy in military terms...

Now every battle that has been fought has had a chain of command to follow...for Christian's it's Elohim, Commander in Chief, Yeshua, Secretary of Defense, and The Holy Spirit, Ranking General over the ranking officers (Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Preachers and Teachers
The General makes ready His army for battle by laying out a well structured and organized strategic plan of defense against the enemy...training and equipping us with the weapons of our warfare.....the ranking officers trains the soldiers how to effectively execute the strategy given them by the General and validifies the soldiers are trained at a level of perfectness that equips them to go to war and fight the fight of faith while singing their songs of praise and worship over the victory they know is already won.
And they all are expertise in their assigned position and all are together in unity fighting for the same cause.

Well basically that's military operations...now the secret military intelligence are the prayer warriors who intercede and pray for protection and for defeating the enemy..they pray in code so the devil can't understand what they are praying for.. and they hear from God (I mean the General) as well and send messages back to the troops..

Lol...this was fun....what's your take on it @pompadour?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, now I have laid down a good solid foundation for the rest of this message....
and please forgive me because I am writing this as I sit....didn't get to do a rough draft of any kind....and I am NOT a teacher but when I am passionate about something it just flows..

Okay, a bit of history for the U.S.peoplel here. sorry my aussie friends and brits, and canadians....i am not too familiar with your history..
Did you know that we were almost defeated in WW!!?

Reactions: Mayflower

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul. I like your original avatar better. Are we having an Identity crises ? ( humor )

Well you through a hand full of spit balls at the wall and most of them are still stuck there.

Your original point of a Military command structure, Both Physical and Spiritual would be scriptural.

Regarding all your Spit Balls, I would boil it down to. Multitudes Multitudes in the valley of decision. The Tribulation is at the door.
Pomp. God Bless.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The U.S. Military could never seem to get a strategic hold against the enemy because when they would decide on when and where they would strike the enemy intercepted their messages and was already there waiting for them to arrive to set up camp....our military got defeated with each battle they tried to wage.....because the element of surprise could never be established..
then a man who fought in WW! and was the son of a missionary living on the Navajo Nation Reservation....and he suggested code language the Navajos use...
They defeated the enemy by uhum...SPEAKING IN TONGUES!

@Mayflower...this was for you...lol....you go sister!

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul. I like your original avatar better. Are we having an Identity crises ? ( humor )

Well you through a hand full of spit balls at the wall and most of them are still stuck there.

Your original point of a Military command structure, Both Physical and Spiritual would be scriptural.

Regarding all your Spit Balls, I would boil it down to. Multitudes Multitudes in the valley of decision. The Tribulation is at the door.
Pomp. God Bless.
i AM AN OFFICER OF THE LORDS ARMY...NOW SHOW SOME RESPECT SIR I am in uniform..:D:D:D:D
it's only for today....had to get in character to write this you know...lol

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pomp. God Bless.
Love ya brother....but I am putting out as I am led....as I go...no pre written sermon here....just me and the Holy Spirit...