Be Encouraged!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the Christian, the primary ongoing need will be “deliverance!” No, not deliverance from sin’s guilt, as this will never again be an issue with the Father, considering He gave all to establish this. I think is bears repeating, that it has been wisely said that “the lost need saved, and the saved needs delivered”—from the power of the old man’s temptations (Mat 6:13). This concerns the power of sin to disturb and distract a believer from the truth that he cannot again enter into condemnation (Ro 8:1). It would require the Lord Jesus’ expiation for our sin to have lost it power!

God has promised that “sin shall not have dominion over you” (Ro 6:14). In my personal assessment of this passage it designs the intension that the sin nature will no longer cause you to desire after it. Seeing it yet abides in us we will notice the presence of its desires, but now we also see the dislike, yea the hatred of it after our new nature; and it’s only the new nature we are in (Ro 8:9), even though the old nature yet abides within (Ro 7:17, 20). Not only are we not in the old man (flesh, i.e. sin nature) but we are in the Spirit of our Father and the Son; and through the Blessed Spirit “God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure (Phl 2:13), which is a permanent condition, so that we never again, will and do the desires of the old man (sin nature). Often it is that many profess salvation falsely, and true to the old man, they will not endure, manifesting one still in his sin nature, and in his sin!

When the power of sin exercises its forces to discourage you (as often as it will be), remember that it’s merely another attempt of the old man and its handler (Satan) to interfere with your primary encouragement from God—your spiritual growth in His work of “conformation to the image of His Son” (Rom 8:29; Eph 4:15), which generally concerns His walk on the earth (1Jo 2:6). For it is the walk of the Christian that God uses to encourage the saved, and to draw the lost!
NC

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the Christian, the primary ongoing need will be “deliverance!” No, not deliverance from sin’s guilt, as this will never again be an issue with the Father, considering He gave all to establish this. I think is bears repeating, that it has been wisely said that “the lost need saved, and the saved needs delivered”—from the power of the old man’s temptations (Mat 6:13). This concerns the power of sin to disturb and distract a believer from the truth that he cannot again enter into condemnation (Ro 8:1). It would require the Lord Jesus’ expiation for our sin to have lost it power!

God has promised that “sin shall not have dominion over you” (Ro 6:14). In my personal assessment of this passage it designs the intension that the sin nature will no longer cause you to desire after it. Seeing it yet abides in us we will notice the presence of its desires, but now we also see the dislike, yea the hatred of it after our new nature; and it’s only the new nature we are in (Ro 8:9), even though the old nature yet abides within (Ro 7:17, 20). Not only are we not in the old man (flesh, i.e. sin nature) but we are in the Spirit of our Father and the Son; and through the Blessed Spirit “God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure (Phl 2:13), which is a permanent condition, so that we never again, will and do the desires of the old man (sin nature). Often it is that many profess salvation falsely, and true to the old man, they will not endure, manifesting one still in his sin nature, and in his sin!

When the power of sin exercises its forces to discourage you (as often as it will be), remember that it’s merely another attempt of the old man and its handler (Satan) to interfere with your primary encouragement from God—your spiritual growth in His work of “conformation to the image of His Son” (Rom 8:29; Eph 4:15), which generally concerns His walk on the earth (1Jo 2:6). For it is the walk of the Christian that God uses to encourage the saved, and to draw the lost!
NC

After we are saved we still have choices to make--not salvation choices, but choices to obey. We are delivered from eternal separation from God, but we can still walk away from God's Spirit at times, when the "flesh" tempts us. People may provoke us, and we are tempted to get angry, retaliate, and get angry with God.

We have a choice, to follow the Spirit we've been given, or to follow our carnal temptations. It may not be a matter of settling our salvation, but it certainly determines whether we will please the Lord and accomplish the things we've been called to do. If we don't obey, there will be bad consequences, just as there was for Adam and Even in their first sin.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After we are saved we still have choices to make--not salvation choices, but choices to obey. If we don't obey, there will be bad consequences, just as there was for Adam and Even in their first sin.
Like your comments and appreciate your input! Just wanted to say that the choices of the saved will continue on the increase to desire and do God's pleasure. Until we leave here there will always be choices to make between good and evil, but being reborn and in the new nature used by God, we will continue to remain on the increase in making the right choices more than not.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like your comments and appreciate your input! Just wanted to say that the choices of the saved will continue on the increase to desire and do God's pleasure. Until we leave here there will always be choices to make between good and evil, but being reborn and in the new nature used by God, we will continue to remain on the increase in making the right choices more than not.

I'm predestinarian, but that doesn't mean I believe all saved people will make good choices. They have within them Christ's nature, which always wants to do right and delights in doing God's good pleasure.

But we're all capable of listening to the wrong voices. And in doing so, we sin, and still can be saved. I just think it matters to the saints whether they accomplish good or not in the world. We want not to be ashamed when the time comes.

As we approach another round of badness in the world, Christian societies falling all around us, Christians naturally will be tempted to make bad choices. Again, I think they will still be saved, believing on the Lord for their salvation and accepting His righteousness as the way we've chosen to go. Unfortunately, the saints do not always go the right way, particularly in times when the world all around them is pushing them in the wrong direction.

My goal in these times is to encourage the saints to continue on the path of righteousness, and to steer away from the tempting voices. We do not have join in with the world in their enjoyment of evil pleasures. We do not have to be a stick in the mud, but we need to draw clear lines when the issues arise. We need to testify that wrong is wrong when there is someone present who needs to hear it.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm predestinarian, but that doesn't mean I believe all saved people will make good choices. They have within them Christ's nature, which always wants to do right and delights in doing God's good pleasure.
Having a sin nature still, nobody can always make choices. That's why I said "we will continue to remain on the increase in making the right choices more than not." "On the increase," i.e. as we mature.[/QUOTE]