Be of good cheer and may your heart be encouraged

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A word of encouragement
Just for you. Just for me.

Screenshot_2016-08-05-11-21-18-576x1024.png

Today, tonight is the first day of the rest of your life. I believe you will use it well. You really can do anything through Jesus. Whatever He has put in your heart. Don't let the world, the devil or your own self doubts hinder you from doing whatever God has for you. Life is short enough trust me. Yesterday I was a boy. Whatever good things God has put in your heart do, work toward them. No matter the difficulties go for it 100%. There will be setbacks and discouragements that come. That's the way it works. They might fight against you but will never overcome you. Not if you don't give up. You cannot give up since there is nowhere else to go but towards the thing God has called you to.

The same things fight against everyone. The biggest enemy I've had my whole life was me. Self is the enemy of every man. So get me out of the way. If God has put really put something into your heart then don't let anything stop you.
You will probably find as many do, that where you end up is different than where you thought you were going. But that's part of the journey. You've lived long enough to have seen this already. Never despise small beginnings because you have no idea what God will do with them. You will learn by everything you do, especially the failures. If you're not making mistakes then you're not trying anything.

God really has a perfect plan for your life. We are not the judge of how important a thing might be. Only God is. Things we consider a total failure are a perfect success in the eyes of God who sees not as man sees but with an eye to the eternal. Every generation God, Jesus, has to start all over He told me. We, you and I, are laborers in His fields in our generation. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might for God has set the thing before you and there is a wonderful sense of accomplishment, of being faithful to Him when we give our all to whatever we have set our hand to.

As Nehemiah, work with the one hand and keep the sword in your other. That is always be aware that an enemy just like a lion, watches from ambush waiting until you are tired, or weak, or discouraged. Then he attacks. So be attentive. Give your body the rest it needs, listen closely to what God is prompting you to do. The simplest things are the ones we tend to ignore and they can be the most important.

Walk in the anointing of His peace continually it is one of His most wonderful gifts. The world and those in it do not, cannot know His peace. It is for family only. Given to us adoptees by the Prince of Peace.

I know that He has brought each of us into this life and there are no accidents of birth. We are not judges of what is most important to do. Whatever He has given you to do is most important. It might be carrying out the trash or sweeping the floor. God does not look at anything like we do. He allows us to see as He sees in many things as we come to know His ways better through experience. You can have peace and not toss it out at the turn of an emotion. Emotions are Liars. They will NEVER tell us to have a joyful thankful heart, we have to WILL to offer up the SACRIFICE OF PRAISE.

The old testament is filled with scriptures about the "heave offering of our hands". That's when your hands are so HEAVY just as your heart sometimes is, that you have to heave them into the air. Just barely able to make yourself lift them. But WHEN you do the blessing begins to come. Putting on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness is the wonderful key for inviting Jesus and His Holy Spirit to come and bring His wonderful refreshing of His presence into our life.

Throwing off the bonds of the habit of allowing a spirit of heaviness to come into our spiritual house and wreck the peaceful furnishings brings a huge liberty. I've talked myself into a hole more than once and the devil was right there helping me to dig the hole deeper. He has a judgement set upon him and so fights against men. Never say aloud anything but good about yourself.

Things such as; I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, this is a day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it, for God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind, greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world. Insert your name into these as you say them. Encourage yourself in the Lord as king David did. This is pleasing to the Lord and builds up your spirit.

We who have been plucked out of the fire by Jesus Christ can rejoice continually because we have been adopted by the master, the creator and savior. He does not want us to be cast down but to be lifted up. Be of GOOD Cheer it is His pleasure to give us righteousness, peace and joy, the very kingdom of God. When someone is an adopter then they choose who is adopted. Jesus chose you and He chose me. Thank God we have been adopted into His family.

These things I write unto you by urging of the Holy Spirit who wants you to walk in victory far more than you or I do. Cleave to Jesus with all your might and don't look to any man for your strength, joy or guidance. It is God and God alone who sustains you. He will send you edification and uplifting through others and never refuse it, never. It was sent because you, we, always need it.

I'm certain you know these things but wanted to remind you of them and send you a sincere message of love and encouragement from the Lord.

Acts 11:23 (NKJV) When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.

Hebrews 10:23-24 (NKJV)
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,

1 John 4:12 (NKJV) No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So wonderful to see that there are at least a few on the forum, who wants to help us build up, instead of tearing down.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Frank Lee Amen Frank! Wonderful post. We need more of you on the forum.
Not many of us have the 'gift' that God has given to you..to express and encourage us as you do. This was a lovely read.
So glad that you stuck around. :)
Every blessing.....H

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Frank Lee Amen Frank! Wonderful post. We need more of you on the forum.
Not many of us have the 'gift' that God has given to you..to express and encourage us as you do. This was a lovely read.
So glad that you stuck around. :)
Every blessing.....H
Amen to that ! Too many seem to join forums to browbeat others into some form of submission to their particular brand of religious adherence . I too was very blessed by Franks post.... :)

Reactions: Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how God takes you and does something. I'm going to tell you a secret. When you see someone that is doing some thing for God that person is the least qualified in all the earth to do whatever it is they're doing. This is the truth.

The scripture says what is happening.

1 Corinthians 1:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;

Not having a church and rarely seeing any other people at all is difficult. These forums are mostly SO COLD. Instead of fellowship there's criticism, attacks and division. I have a sad look at the condition of the churches. This nation is in decline spiritually and even the God wrought election is not going to change things much. Too bad. Being frank the aged I see that America has passed it's zenith. Maybe we can encourage a remnant.

I've had to leave some forums that removed my posts for charging those with ungodly prayer requests. People living in fornication I told they were living in sin and was told I was judging. I can encourage you perhaps but as a prophet I realize the decline in our land.

As always I cleave to the savior. That is our refuge. He will not leave us alone. He's here now. This life is fellowship with His sufferings. Out of our pain we can help others who are hurting even more. I have two brothers and a sister. All are afflicted. One is a 100% DAV with a laundry list of afflictions. He takes 18 different meds daily to stay alive. He is 6-8 years younger. Another, Jimmy is a DAV with only 55% kidney function. My only sister has a debilitating form of arthritis. They are all younger. I am beat up and still going. It's easy to bear my heart if I think there's a shred of Christian love in the neighborhood. It seems so rare to hear anyone speak good things. If Jesus did not help me I could do nothing for others. Let everything be done for edification the word says. Well then OK. With the anointing I shall.

Write this down. As Christians we are never going to be cheered. It's not the way of the cross. I prayed in tears for God never to allow me to be rich. So far he's answered me yes on this hahaha! I've seen so many be destroyed by chasing the false doctrine of prosperity. Godliness with contentment is the true wealth.

Philippians 3:10 (NKJV) that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

Be of good cheer the master is STILL directing the storms away from us.

Prayer2_0-360x640.jpg

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many right here have never heard the words God spoke to your heart so you would post them here. May God grant that more would hear Him!

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

If it were only those who admit or confess themselves to be unbelievers, it would be bad, but it is much worse for often, as you write it, it is among those who say they believe that the difference between good and evil is confused.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right Amadeus. You are always surprised when the attacks come from professed Christians. I realize, that so many that go to church are not saved. Not born again. Many pastors, preachers don't know know Jesus. Multitudes that have been saved deny the gifts of God. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is denied by the leaders of the denominations. As a result they have no power, no anointing to minister, to fight against spiritual enemies. They try and fight spiritual battles with fleshly strength. One very well known minister/teacher say there is absolutely no need anymore for dealing with demons, casting out devils and the like.

There is no belief of the eternal truth of the word of God. They do away with the very things commissioned by the Lord Jesus. How can they prosper teaching only part of God's word? Especially when the rest has been plainly revealed to them. Prayers must continue for us all. These Christians must be prayed for that God would open their eyes. And prayers for those that walk in the anointing of the Holy Spirit that we all hearken to the slightest whisper of God.

God help us all at whatever place with Him we currently are. I covet you prayers as Paul said. God bless you my brothers and sisters

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Frank Lee
Praying for you and your work for God.

Some are interested in their own glory and some in the money to be derived from their efforts. Some want both of those, but oh so many have missed or forgotten the good news message Jesus brought.

How much more patience and mercy will God have? Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Helen