Be Prepared To Be Wrong

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happens to the best of us....
We are wrong on pertinent facts, show up at the wrong time, make a colossal error destroying materials and wasting time.

If you have never made a mistake....you ain't doing anything and you really need to get to work.

So....when it comes time for Christians....the ONLY way to become a Christian is to first admit that you are a "whole life failure". Now this admission is not a pleasant experience. It's often met with severe depression, anger at yourself, frustration, horror, and a whole host of unpleasant feelings.

When it comes time for discussing what we believe theologically and why....people get even more hot....especially when safely within the security of anonymity. You can let the rage monster out to proverbially kill the messenger of your errors. (Of course denial is strictly a river in Egypt)

What can we do?

Be prepared to be wrong. Fully own that you are not God's gift to mankind with your theological knowledge and biblical scholarship. Laugh at yourself and own it. If you can do this...it gives a more firm footing for what you really do know. Here's a fun video of a septic tank pumping company owner. He literally deals with feces on a daily basis.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happens to the best of us....
We are wrong on pertinent facts, show up at the wrong time, make a colossal error destroying materials and wasting time.

If you have never made a mistake....you ain't doing anything and you really need to get to work.

So....when it comes time for Christians....the ONLY way to become a Christian is to first admit that you are a "whole life failure". Now this admission is not a pleasant experience. It's often met with severe depression, anger at yourself, frustration, horror, and a whole host of unpleasant feelings.

When it comes time for discussing what we believe theologically and why....people get even more hot....especially when safely within the security of anonymity. You can let the rage monster out to proverbially kill the messenger of your errors. (Of course denial is strictly a river in Egypt)

What can we do?

Be prepared to be wrong. Fully own that you are not God's gift to mankind with your theological knowledge and biblical scholarship. Laugh at yourself and own it. If you can do this...it gives a more firm footing for what you really do know. Here's a fun video of a septic tank pumping company owner. He literally deals with feces on a daily basis.

Me wrong? Never!

• Haha
Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me wrong? Never!
Might need to do something....like get to work. (LOL)

The guy in the video....lol....
He has a LOT of policies and procedures in place that are fully communicated to staff and customers. Because they want the feces they deal with to actually make them some money. Not the kind that robs you of payment or costs this guy lost wages.

Such as: If you don't show up for work, you do not get paid for missed time. You know....normal stuff. But it seems that hubris is so common anymore that people don't even recognize it in themselves. Where is the humility?

Digital pictured with geo-location and time/date stamped are a must anymore in contracting services. I've done it regularly as part of being an electrician for the codes inspector or to show my superiors work I've done, work someone destroyed, or as an explanation of what needs to be done.

So when this guy or crew uses digital pictures for proof....it's Standard Operating Procedures for just about everyone these days. Only rarely does it not get done these days. Cell phones record everything....calls, text messages, and the time/date these things were sent. But the customer was irate....stating lie after lie with no hesitation and not even offering one apology for anything. Trying desperately for something to not be her fault. (When literally everything was exactly her fault)

I wonder if people are going to try this stuff with God on Judgement Day?
Blame shift, claim ignorance, claim unfulfilled promises, and etc.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Be Prepared To Be Wrong​

again! again! again! ....there is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus!

• Love
Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Be Prepared To Be Wrong​

again! again! again! ....there is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus!
Doesn't mean you weren't mistaken....

And I agree...Paul's statement here is a massive understatement of the truth. To accuse a Christian is to claim God's atonement is worthless...AKA "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit "

Not exactly something to play around with.